• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Oceanic Future Part 3

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser4381

Why? Attack bonus from buildings isn't that helpful unless for some reason you don't have the 3 military GBs built...but in that case, it's better to build those anyway. But by all means, feel free to continue wasting your city space on Strike Team Centers and diluting your Alcatraz production with them.

I have all three Mil buildings at 10+... I still want more combat bonus so I stack STCs. You don't, that's your choice. Regardless of that, it's a fact that combat bonus peaked 4 eras ago, and needs to be updated.

It's only because of seemingly loosening the age-specific requirement on quests. Wouldn't be using blacksmiths if the productions had to be from buildings of your age, would you? It's either an oversight or Inno being generous...but leave it to the playerbase to try spinning this as a bad thing.

A quest of 30 x 24h production *is* a bad thing, especially so if the buildings need to be from your current era. Trying to couch it as generosity is just plain crazy.

DeletedUser8126

I did on this page.:) Just a bit above, under the spoiler. It's under the spoiler, because it's a too large picture.;)
Dear drakenridder , I saw your post abobe , but it was not what I said...I said new ((unit))'s stats , not the new barrack's stats which can be seen directly in the tech tree , even if you are not at OF...
Thanks , BTW...

DeletedUser5097

Dear drakenridder , I saw your post abobe , but it was not what I said...I said new ((unit))'s stats , not the new barrack's stats which can be seen directly in the tech tree , even if you are not at OF...
Thanks , BTW...
Do you mean this one?:)
Mantastats.png
Just click on the picture to see the stats.

qaccy

Emperor
I have all three Mil buildings at 10+... I still want more combat bonus so I stack STCs. You don't, that's your choice. Regardless of that, it's a fact that combat bonus peaked 4 eras ago, and needs to be updated.

As I said, it's not helping you. I'm probably not going to shake you from your belief, but there would be pretty much zero difference in your combat ability if you sold off every single attack boost building you have (minus the GBs). What good are those buildings doing for you if they're not helping you fight?

A quest of 30 x 24h production *is* a bad thing, especially so if the buildings need to be from your current era. Trying to couch it as generosity is just plain crazy.

You know what type of game this is, right? One look at the tech tree tells you that this game is a marathon, not a sprint. And considering the fact that most players by the end of the game are running 24-hour productions anyway, I'll stick by my statement. 24-hour quests are easy, and even easier without an age requirement. Lemme guess, you like quests that are done in a single click and in only a few seconds, don't you?

DeletedUser7942

Might not be the right place but. I just saw the new quests interface. Looks like the game developers invested lots of time in this. Here is my concern. Town Hall,Guild expeditions, achievements badges, numerous mini events, incidents around our cities and now this new interface. Meanwhile, GvG has an awful lag problem. Screen hangs, now flickers too. Basically there are times that performing any action in GvG is impossible. Now this has been going on for some time. Over a year now. There is no info provided by support about any action taken to correct this. My last inquiry to support resulted in being asked to employ yet another browser. I think this would be the 3rd or 4th they have suggested.

Anyway, some of the new features are cool and all. However, some appear to be purely cosmetic however. This makes me wonder though; What if anything is being done to correct GvG? I would much rather see GvG get fixed and hold off on the rest. I see it like owning a home where the roof is sagging and on the verge of collapse so I run out to buy new flower pots for it.

I would like to hear something definitive from Inno about GvG and what if anything is going to be done to get it working properly. I mean if it is just going to stay as is then let everyone know.

Anyway I am writing this here and now because I am wondering if it's time to move away from this game. This issue is something that I know many have been struggling with for some time and it seems we are being ignored. I am hoping that someone from Inno will see this and provide the payers with some answers. Thank you
The new quest interface is being discussed here: [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

I'm of the opinion there is no GvG problem necessarily, it's only by happenstance that people who do a lot of GvG also have to open a lot of different game windows thereby adding to their memory each time. Most non GvG'rs won't notice the problem merely because they don't open nearly as many windows of the game. As far as I understand the issue it's been here since the game started. The memory leak issue has been forwarded to Inno Memory leak - Guild Expeditions [43175] My suggestion is get lots of RAM and refresh because that's all we can do until this problem gets fixed.

DeletedUser4327

You're probably going to just disregard this since I'm not with Inno, but it's very likely that GvG has been put on the shelf indefinitely. My reasons for this belief:

I am inclined to agree with your assessment.

DeletedUser7942

You're probably going to just disregard this since I'm not with Inno, but it's very likely that GvG has been put on the shelf indefinitely. My reasons for this belief:

1) No mobile support
2) The All Ages province, meaning no further attention from the developers when new ages release
3) The release of Guild Expeditions, another guild-wide activity complete with competition between guilds
3a) This was available on mobile from its inception
3b) Guild Expeditions have been updated/rebalanced several times since release, and in the same timeframe I believe GvG has been mentioned once
4) This one is merely speculation, but perhaps GvG was merely too ambitious an undertaking and turned out not to be feasible to maintain compared to the Expeditions.

If you want an official 'answer' on the topic, I believe the very announcement that added the All Ages province should suffice in that regard. It's paid for with medals (which are ageless) and open to all troops for battle, making it an effective futureproofing design that ensures they don't have to continue updating it. Perhaps GvG will be revisited again someday, but if that's your only reason for playing the game and you don't enjoy any other aspect then I don't think that's worth waiting for.

I am inclined to agree with your assessment.
Someone go do a bunch of GvG and see if you're memory still rockets to nightmarish proportions causing "lag"/crashes, they very well may have fixed it today.

DeletedUser4327

Someone go do a bunch of GvG and see if you're memory still rockets to nightmarish proportions causing "lag"/crashes, they very well may have fixed it today.

I will have to wait till this change hits live servers. That is where all my GvG is done. I am very skeptical though. Still waiting to hoping to get an official reply from Inno about all this?

DeletedUser7942

The GvG lag, hanging etc (and now flickering) manifests itself even on the first battle after a browser cache cleaning and a computer restart this is why I am skeptical about this being a fix.
Right, just like opening many other windows of the game you'll get a rise in memory, the leak is it keeps rising with every window opening/closing which from what I can tell so far has been fixed, it will rise to a point but stop at some point. How much RAM do you have?

DeletedUser4327

Not fixed best as I can tell from battles on the continental map here on BETA. So many in my guild are having this problem. Has been addressed with support many times. Not me, not my computer.. Anyway still hoping to see something from Inno on here.. In the meantime I have some flowerpots that need watering.

DeletedUser7942

Not fixed best as I can tell from battles on the continental map here on BETA. So many in my guild are having this problem. Has been addressed with support many times. Not me, not my computer.. Anyway still hoping to see something from Inno on here.. In the meantime I have some flowerpots that need watering.
What do you mean by not fixed? I can't reproduce the memory leak no matter what I do now. Prior to the fix I could get up to Gb's worth of memory in no time and crash it, now I can't. You should post some screenshots of your memory usage so we can see what's happening, I messed around in battles and all kinds of stuff and here's mine;
2222222222 - Copy.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4327

What do you mean by not fixed? I can't reproduce the memory leak no matter what I do now. Prior to the fix I could get up to Gb's worth of memory in no time and crash it, now I can't. You should post some screenshots of your memory usage so we can see what's happening, I messed around in battles and all kinds of stuff and here's mine;
View attachment 2463
You are one of the lucky ones not affected. Happy for you. Support is aware of the issues. BTW I do not like the new quest interface. Please put it back like it was before.

DeletedUser7942

You are one of the lucky ones not affected. Happy for you. Support is aware of the issues.
Perhaps we are talking about entirely different issues. I'm not sure what you mean by "lag" in GvG. What I've seen most referring to as "lag" really has to do with the memory leak issue which got fixed today. Traditionally "lag" is in regards to the the condition of communication between user/server but unfortunately has become a catch all phrase for virtually every online gaming problem.

DeletedUser4327

Perhaps we are talking about entirely different issues. I'm not sure what you mean by "lag" in GvG. What I've seen most referring to as "lag" really has to do with the memory leak issue which got fixed today. Traditionally "lag" is in regards to the the condition of communication between user/server but unfortunately has become a catch all phrase for virtually every online gaming problem.
Sorry watering the flower pots. Oops, sorry was ducking that big piece of roofing..lol

You and I have already discussed this before on A world forum if I am not mistaken. I appreciate your interest. I wish that Inno took a fraction of the time to try and help. Still waiting for a reply to my latest message to support over there on A world. think it's going on 5 days now. Since all players are not affected it is particularly annoying to be one of the special ones struggling.

I sort of don't want to take up more space on this thread with this indirectly related issue. I simply want to let it be known that there are broken things that need fixing.

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Marquis
From today's Change Log "Changed the Manta's skill from flying to contact. It can now be hit by the artillery unit"
Does the Manta inflict its Poison special ability when it retaliates using its Contact skill?