• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Oceanic Future Part 3

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5160

@Zarok Dai

This isn't the first time an oversight like this has occurred with the units.

When AF came out PAs were boosted against DDs although they could never hit them.

Are we going to be hit with the same problem again when this goes live or can this be rebalanced before release? There maybe another mob coming up if it isn't addressed.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Hi!
I don´t understand why artillery can´t hit flying units.
On AF PAs have bonus against Heavy Units and Ranged Units, so it didn´t seems strange they couldn´t hit Light Units, but now on OF Turtles have bonus against Heavys and Lights. Why have they this bonus if they can give use to it?

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
THIRTY_times_24h_in_mineral_extraction_plant.jpg

THIRTY times a 24h production in a mineral extraction plant? SERIOUSLY, Inno?!?

DeletedUser7779

This seems likely, as they did similar with the AF units once they were all available. It's kind of odd, however, that the developers seem to forget what bonuses they gave the units already released by the time they release new ones. Shouldn't they keep track of this somewhere? Mantas should have been given different bonuses from the start considering, in terms of releases, turturrets were just added to the game.

And that's exactly why releasing Eras in parts is the dumbest thing ever. Not only the devs seem to lose the general overview, but they are forced to rebalance troops/buildings even when released live. Anyone recall balancing issues in TE or before? I don't....Only significant change back then was when they changed the minimum damage dealt to 1.

I really don't know if I should laugh or cry now...giving the turtles a bonus against light units when they can't even hit them.... *facepalm*

BestWarrior

Baronet
In a few words, the dev's needed 3 months to give us this?? please, this is a bad joke!!
2 researches with avatars?? this is only to fill empty slots in tech tree. In resume, this 3rd part of OA is null of content, doesn't mean nothing. You are killing what is left from a good game. Please focus in what is really interesting for the players, right now we only come to the game to add forge points in GBs and collect, nothing else more. Each day i see players leaving the game, some for all and some for a few weeks or months, always hoping that something will change.
In 5 years of FoE, a lot have changed, some for better, some for worst. Corrections were made to balance the game, bringing then new unbalanced features and so on since long a go.
It looks like if the wind some days blows from north, the devs go north. Suddenly, changes to West or South, and they are pushed to the new direction like nothing else more matters... it's a pity, honestly, you are desaponting the players and all those who pay your salaries.
There a lot of good things to do in the game beside what we have now. Why not some add-ons in some Ages making the most advanced players going back in time to fight without the influence of the GBs?
A lot of historical events have being made and with them a lot of new buildings. where is the space in our cities to have all those new buildings?
I know, this game is made of options and we must choose the better strategy to balance our cities, but then we loose the interest in the new events and buildings, because they don't fit in our strategy. It's just something more to have in the inventory...
Sorry if i was too boring, but it's only some thoughts i have since a while...

DeletedUser8150

On AF PAs have bonus against Heavy Units and Ranged Units, so it didn´t seems strange they couldn´t hit Light Units, but now on OF Turtles have bonus against Heavys and Lights. Why have they this bonus if they can give use to it?

Trying to fix the problem overpowered drones to defeat turtles I imagine changing sub skill to flying looks logical to me which partly solves the former and certainly fixes OF issues

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5097

In a few words, the dev's needed 3 months to give us this?? please, this is a bad joke!!
2 researches with avatars?? this is only to fill empty slots in tech tree. In resume, this 3rd part of OA is null of content, doesn't mean nothing. You are killing what is left from a good game. Please focus in what is really interesting for the players, right now we only come to the game to add forge points in GBs and collect, nothing else more. Each day i see players leaving the game, some for all and some for a few weeks or months, always hoping that something will change.
In 5 years of FoE, a lot have changed, some for better, some for worst. Corrections were made to balance the game, bringing then new unbalanced features and so on since long a go.
It looks like if the wind some days blows from north, the devs go north. Suddenly, changes to West or South, and they are pushed to the new direction like nothing else more matters... it's a pity, honestly, you are desaponting the players and all those who pay your salaries.
There a lot of good things to do in the game beside what we have now. Why not some add-ons in some Ages making the most advanced players going back in time to fight without the influence of the GBs?
A lot of historical events have being made and with them a lot of new buildings. where is the space in our cities to have all those new buildings?
I know, this game is made of options and we must choose the better strategy to balance our cities, but then we loose the interest in the new events and buildings, because they don't fit in our strategy. It's just something more to have in the inventory...
Sorry if i was too boring, but it's only some thoughts i have since a while...
That's true I can see it back on live. My friends how are still playing doing it because they want to 100% complete
the game. For them is beating the game when it's complete the ultimate goal, by ending the full TT when the very
last age has been released and the last province has fallen. However they find it more difficult to keep it up
since it's going downhill with ages and some are already done with the game.
However there is less fun as in the past was. It's going down hill, sadly. The dev. tream tries so hard, but faills. The
GvG was on paper a good idea, but turn out wrong. It can still been fix, I think. GE is okay to keep guilds motivated
to keep going. The friendstavern was intressting, but now more a candy bar for boosts if you don't want a GB or cant
get one, but still a nice try and works still just fine, but isn't something that helps in the long way. The treasure hunt
is okay and the accidents have short life like treasure hunt. They are only a candy bar for extra rewards.

At the end the game lost it's core and soal, but it's still maybe possible to safe the game.
What possible can revive the game are a few things:
1.) Ages no longer in episodes
2.) GvG remake update
3.) Focus
4.) Too many events

For making my post less big, so less scrolling, I used a spoiler, but please Inno read the messege under
the spoiler, because it can realy makes the diffrents in a once great game, but now slightly dying game.
Make FoE great again, Inno!
1.) Making 1 good theme future takes a long time? It's okay we will wait anywas. Now it takes ''less'' time to make
one not so great new part and at the end one sadly bad age. In the past it took 4-7 months to make 1 good/great
age. Now it takes arround the same time for 1 bad age. I think many players agree that they want to wait 4-7 monts
for 1 good/great age, then 3-4 monts for 1 bad part of 1 bad age.
So at the end, the motivation beheind episodes was to built up a age step for step with players feedback, it doesn't
work well and releassing ages faster. Well faster release failled too, sure small pieces of bad ages are been released
fast, but at the end it takes not less time for 1 age.

2.) ASK players to designe on ALL SERVERS a GvG remake update. A GvG remake contest will bring a good
sollution. How does know better what is wrong with GvG and how to fix it, then the player itself?

3.) Focus on what matters, not on short living new features. I does mean are players still jumping in the air
for acievments, treassure hunt, the tavern or accidents (that last one on Beta)? Not realy it was new and
now old and not intressting anymore. Just a bar to grab some free rewards. For the acievments it was a nice
try, but at the end more anoying when some random acievment block your game for some time.
What does matter, what does players realy want, why are they playing the game and what gives the fun?
Try to find it and focus on it.
Sillence hints, the core of the game is developing a city, reaching new ages, getting new land stuff like that,
that's the core game and voids are from the theme futures in the core....;) about what are you making ads?
Please dev. team remember it, we need a hero in your team to safe the game.

4.) Too many events slow down progress. Where time has been safed by making bad ages in episodes
is more time lost in events and less usefull stuff. For many payers is it annoying to see a new event every
2-3 weeks after the end of a event. That's not the worst part, it slow down progress of the development
of the game.
Spring, Summer, Halloween and Winter are the main events that players love. Too many events between
it is a bit overkill in events. Some players are getting annoyed by it, others don't care for events anymore
or getting even mad and seeing it as a waste of time.

maxbergheim

Squire
-I hope the new part will be introduced on regular servers in September as in August many are on vacation
-4 expansions seem too much to me. We have too big villages in my opinion.
-fisherman house a lot of people!

DeletedUser5097

-I hope the new part will be introduced on regular servers in September as in August many are on vacation
- Indeed
- Are you kidding? Many players never have enough space. If your town has to much space, then it's your own mistake to place too many expansions.
- Are you kidding again? Look to the stats of the floating house.:D

DeletedUser8126

Would anyone upload the new unit's stats & the new continent map's picture with details , please??
Many thanks in advance! ;)

DeletedUser6015

You are kidding ? It is for suggestions like yours that the game is boring, we need more expansions no less or a colony....

DeletedUser8071

Where is the dislike button at? Too many expansions? How did your hands type that out. The cities are too small vs the grid we have. If you are not going to release a gb then you NEED to release more space. Give us something, we earned it for sticking by you inno! You give us avatars like we care for them or something. Space is key!

qaccy

Emperor
The entitlement in this thread! People always just want more, more, more and for less, less, less each time.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this last OF unit affects the battlefield and what the new continent map provinces look like...of course, I'm waiting to see what balancing changes come to the OF units as well, similar to Arctic Future once the full set of units was available for that age. I feel that the flying bonus would make more sense being removed from the Manta and given to the Sub Cruiser, to reinforce both the ideas that the Sub is an anti-artillery unit and that the Turturret is anti-light. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else I'd change though I imagine other number tweaks would be included as well.

I'm also not the most excited about the new addition of avatars to the tech tree. If they're to be included, I think they should be attached to normal technologies that unlock things like buildings rather than their own technologies by themselves. The current approach is a pretty blatant resource sink meant only to slow players down. Why do these technologies exist in their current form? I can understand wanting to put avatars in the tech tree to attach some sort of 'prestige' to them by not making them available to everybody, but they really shouldn't be mandatory, expensive technologies that offer nothing but the pictures. I personally don't feel good working on nor unlocking those technologies, because they just seem like a waste of goods especially to someone who isn't interested in using the avatars anyway.

I thought I was the only one using actual units rather than rouges in GE anymore. I just want a guaranteed ratio of certain units. Too easy to just get one unit of one type and the rest are the other. And then with the turtles it's just pointless to have rouges, they all get blown up and then hurt your units if you dont kill them off immediately before their turn. Overall I do better with actual units....

DeletedUser4327

Might not be the right place but. I just saw the new quests interface. Looks like the game developers invested lots of time in this. Here is my concern. Town Hall,Guild expeditions, achievements badges, numerous mini events, incidents around our cities and now this new interface. Meanwhile, GvG has an awful lag problem. Screen hangs, now flickers too. Basically there are times that performing any action in GvG is impossible. Now this has been going on for some time. Over a year now. There is no info provided by support about any action taken to correct this. My last inquiry to support resulted in being asked to employ yet another browser. I think this would be the 3rd or 4th they have suggested.

Anyway, some of the new features are cool and all. However, some appear to be purely cosmetic however. This makes me wonder though; What if anything is being done to correct GvG? I would much rather see GvG get fixed and hold off on the rest. I see it like owning a home where the roof is sagging and on the verge of collapse so I run out to buy new flower pots for it.

I would like to hear something definitive from Inno about GvG and what if anything is going to be done to get it working properly. I mean if it is just going to stay as is then let everyone know.

Anyway I am writing this here and now because I am wondering if it's time to move away from this game. This issue is something that I know many have been struggling with for some time and it seems we are being ignored. I am hoping that someone from Inno will see this and provide the payers with some answers. Thank you

qaccy

Emperor
Might not be the right place but. I just saw the new quests interface. Looks like the game developers invested lots of time in this. Here is my concern. Town Hall,Guild expeditions, achievements badges, numerous mini events, incidents around our cities and now this new interface. Meanwhile, GvG has an awful lag problem. Screen hangs, now flickers too. Basically there are times that performing any action in GvG is impossible. Now this has been going on for some time. Over a year now. There is no info provided by support about any action taken to correct this. My last inquiry to support resulted in being asked to employ yet another browser. I think this would be the 3rd or 4th they have suggested.

Anyway, some of the new features are cool and all. However, some appear to be purely cosmetic however. This makes me wonder though; What if anything is being done to correct GvG? I would much rather see GvG get fixed and hold off on the rest. I see it like owning a home where the roof is sagging and on the verge of collapse so I run out to buy new flower pots for it.

I would like to hear something definitive from Inno about GvG and what if anything is going to be done to get it working properly. I mean if it is just going to stay as is then let everyone know.

Anyway I am writing this here and now because I am wondering if it's time to move away from this game. This issue is something that I know many have been struggling with for some time and it seems we are being ignored. I am hoping that someone from Inno will see this and provide the payers with some answers. Thank you

You're probably going to just disregard this since I'm not with Inno, but it's very likely that GvG has been put on the shelf indefinitely. My reasons for this belief:

1) No mobile support
2) The All Ages province, meaning no further attention from the developers when new ages release
3) The release of Guild Expeditions, another guild-wide activity complete with competition between guilds
3a) This was available on mobile from its inception
3b) Guild Expeditions have been updated/rebalanced several times since release, and in the same timeframe I believe GvG has been mentioned once
4) This one is merely speculation, but perhaps GvG was merely too ambitious an undertaking and turned out not to be feasible to maintain compared to the Expeditions.

If you want an official 'answer' on the topic, I believe the very announcement that added the All Ages province should suffice in that regard. It's paid for with medals (which are ageless) and open to all troops for battle, making it an effective futureproofing design that ensures they don't have to continue updating it. Perhaps GvG will be revisited again someday, but if that's your only reason for playing the game and you don't enjoy any other aspect then I don't think that's worth waiting for.