• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Oceanic Future Part 3

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Once more the question from above: Can a Manta poison a rogue in the act of converting it? (example: the Manta shoots at a rogue and converts it to a Sub cruiser. Can it end up as a poisoned sub cruiser at this point?)

Edit: Additional question: How can I see whether a unit, which was hit by a Manta, is poisoned or not?
there is a poison icon over the unit (if poisoned)
and hitting a rogue converts and can poison it

50% chance to do poison the enemy

DeletedUser7855

No it will not. It will likely be in August. When I get an exact date I will post it :)
Why are new eras splitted into 4 parts? It makes no sense to discover the tech tree until OF4 is out, because:
- units are not much stronger than AF's ones. Most of the GvG fighters still uses railguns or FE tanks against AF and OF.
- treasury goods are useless
- Fortenac goods are useless. Players in FE gains more FPs selling their goods as AF or OF ones.

DeletedUser8071

After reviewing the impact of Great Buildings on the game, it was decided against including one in this part of Oceanic Future. Naturally, this does not mean that we will not be releasing GB's any more. It only means there will be no new Great Building in this part of this particular age.
What does this statement mean? What impact? People looked forward to this release for many reason and i know a sense of value for the OF goods is a major one. Not releasing the gb and just making that statement is not good enough.

DeletedUser5097

After reviewing the impact of Great Buildings on the game, it was decided against including one in this part of Oceanic Future. Naturally, this does not mean that we will not be releasing GB's any more. It only means there will be no new Great Building in this part of this particular age.
That must be a eurly discovery.:p After releasing the first GB many years later finding out that they are
OP.:D But now the main quastion, if the dev. team decided that GB's are OP, why where we asked for
new GB boosts in the first place, if they find out that GB's are OP anyways?

I don't think poisen will be OP. Since it's in general only one single attack damage +1 at the end and they will
become a intressting way to go. However what I totaly don't understand in the battle ballance, why does have
a sub no fly (and clearly fly and has a bonus vs artillery), but has a manta has fly and the Turturret a bonus
against the manta? The turturret can't strike the manta directly, so what's the point?
Perhaps the manta and sub have to swap the skills fly and dug in with each other. It would be realy strange
to have a unit that is supposed to be super effective against a unit that he can't hit in the first place.:D

qaccy

Emperor
stupid main quest for a endgame city
View attachment 2452

sometimes i ask me what you thinking in creating in those kind of missions ....
they was always bad, and will be bad in the future ....

Medal rewards from quests have always been incredibly underwhelming...oddly enough though, repeatable quests tend to give more medals than the quests you only see once.

In regards to the manta: Would someone be able to post the stats for it? If what someone said above is true, some bonuses need to be swapped. You can't give a unit a bonus against a unit that it can't even hit. Mantas fly, turturrets have a bonus against light units...heck, even dragon drones fly so that's two ages in a row that the turturret can't attack one of the units it's supposed to be strong against! Needs a bit of review. I also agree that the sub cruiser should be a flying unit, or at least have less restrictive movement than it does currently. Being able to cross water, since it's a 'sub' and is hovering over the ground seems only natural to me and yet it cannot do this.

DeletedUser8354

People who are in OF will not be very happy about that, since their goods remain quite useless. You could bring a GB that gives you till Lvl 10 +1 friend invitation and afterwards every 2nd level +1. This wouldn't change much in the game but that GB would be something many players would go for....

DeletedUser7059

There was annouced 2 new premium roads, but i can see only the 2x2 one in "upcoming" log.
arMC.png

DeletedUser4381

Once again the Combat attack bonuses from military buildings of the latest age still fall behind those from the Contemporary Era on a per square basis. Isn't it about time that the current era should at least match the bonus on offer 4 ages back?

DeletedUser5324

OF continues as disappointing and boring as it started...

- Manta: does one really need it ???
- Yet no usage for OF goods besides research
- Quests: 2 crabs reward for 30 x 24h-production ??? That's no quest but a joke :(

As for OF Part4: hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

DeletedUser4381

OF continues as disappointing and boring as it started...

- Manta: does one really need it ???
- Yet no usage for OF goods besides research
- Quests: 2 crabs reward for 30 x 24h-production ??? That's no quest but a joke :(

As for OF Part4: hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

You have to be expletive kidding me?

Time to build yet another stack of blacksmiths... It a very apt reflection on Inno when a building from the very beginning of the game is still pretty much mandatory at the end game eras. (Not a good reflection, either.)

I think that was their point... The bonus for the Turt is against Light Units, but it can't actually attack the light unit from its own age.
I think that they did that bonus for the turtle having zero clue what they were going to do for the light unit. Probably (hopefully) will change before this hits live.

Not really digging the poisoned rouge aspect!!!

DeletedUser8200

The big question that I ask myself is what is it used to raise in age after future? Just for some expansions and more ranking points?

qaccy

Emperor
I think that they did that bonus for the turtle having zero clue what they were going to do for the light unit. Probably (hopefully) will change before this hits live.

This seems likely, as they did similar with the AF units once they were all available. It's kind of odd, however, that the developers seem to forget what bonuses they gave the units already released by the time they release new ones. Shouldn't they keep track of this somewhere? Mantas should have been given different bonuses from the start considering, in terms of releases, turturrets were just added to the game.

Not really digging the poisoned rouge aspect!!!

It's 'rogue', not 'rouge'. :p Anyway, I can't wait to hear all the complaints on the forums about how 'the enemy mantas always poison and my mantas never do, the game is rigged!' once they come out. For my part, I barely use rogues anymore because they're simply not very useful in OF or even AF. It's better to go in with units that can actually attack on the first turn in most cases.

Once again the Combat attack bonuses from military buildings of the latest age still fall behind those from the Contemporary Era on a per square basis. Isn't it about time that the current era should at least match the bonus on offer 4 ages back?

Why? Attack bonus from buildings isn't that helpful unless for some reason you don't have the 3 military GBs built...but in that case, it's better to build those anyway. But by all means, feel free to continue wasting your city space on Strike Team Centers and diluting your Alcatraz production with them.

You have to be expletive kidding me?

Time to build yet another stack of blacksmiths... It a very apt reflection on Inno when a building from the very beginning of the game is still pretty much mandatory at the end game eras. (Not a good reflection, either.)

It's only because of seemingly loosening the age-specific requirement on quests. Wouldn't be using blacksmiths if the productions had to be from buildings of your age, would you? It's either an oversight or Inno being generous...but leave it to the playerbase to try spinning this as a bad thing.

Last edited: