• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Apparently it doesn't work in Safari, either. Whenever I attempt, the screen flickers as if trying to load... ...then says "no ads available. try later."

Every time I try to play the video, it says there is not one available and to come back later....

The ads availability is still being worked on and is currently not yet available for everyone. When there are no ads available you will get the message saying so ("no ads available. try later").

If you get a crash when trying to watch a video in the Show Hall, please respond in this thread including your browser and OS information with the version numbers.

Right now it seems as if the reported crashes are related to Safari (for mac) version 11, but we don't have enough info yet to really substantiate this, so if you use this version of Safari and you do NOT get a crash when trying to watch an ad we would also appreciate it if you could let us know this :)

Last edited:

Miepie

Baronet
Inno should add the option to disable the blasted thing, and when you do, no cookies or trackers or anything placed on your system, and if any have already been placed, automical removal.

Korvinusz

Merchant
Then don't. None of this is required for you to interact with.

We have been responding in this thread, and we are still watching it. Everything posted has been passed on for consideration.

You do it as if you do not want to understand the essence of the situation.
Please read what I wrote shortly before citation. (about 5 comments up)

I wrote down why you have a problem with your attitude on this issue.
I specifically draw attention to the second point.
Thx

DeletedUser5160

@Zarok Dai This feature is definitely junk and would only encourage players to try to come up with means to block it completely from their city.

DeletedUser

You do it as if you do not want to understand the essence of the situation.
Please read what I wrote shortly before citation. (about 5 comments up)

I wrote down why you have a problem with your attitude on this issue.
I specifically draw attention to the second point.
Thx

I understand just fine. What I am countering with is that just because we have feedback here that you do not like it and want it removed, does not mean it needs to be removed just for you to not use it, nor does it mean that the negative comments here are representative of our entire community, or communities on live servers.
I have passed on feedback to our devs as to improvements that would be welcome, for example better rewards. However it's unrealistic to expect a new feature still in testing to be removed just because some do not like it in it's current iteration.

2.) Yes, We may be ignored, but more vulnerable users, such as children... They will hang on it. Nice..
Morality is where it is?

Children online are potentially exposed to many things they should not be exposed to, however it would be up to their parents to determine what is or is not appropriate for them to access.

3.) It is clear that most of us do not like this development, but you are protected. Why did you ask for opinions if you ignore them anyway? On our normal server, the location of the building has already appeared. This again shows that what has been said here is irrelevant.

Again, just because we have new content or a new feature in testing, does not necessarily mean we are asking if we should we release something.
What we are always primarily asking is how can it be improved within any given players play style, and for details if anyone experiences any bugs.
I think it's important to remember we are a test server. We are here to test code that is released, report bugs, and get ideas to improve it. While we always welcome ideas for new or better design in the game, we are not a design server.
Of course if we get overwhelming feedback on for example removing a feature, it would be considered. But the core group of this community that are posting their feelings are arguably representative of end tech players from live servers, but are in no way necessarily representative of the entire Forge community as a whole.

Thanks for the feedback all :)

DeletedUser7239

The worst part of this is that prize list, shows zero respect for players, zero of zero.
@Korvinusz in my main server the space is there too.
Gvg is slow, we have an arc that gives goods that cannot be used(GE uses pff big deal), other serious game issues, and they only look to this crap-o-rama.

DeletedUser5160

I understand just fine. What I am countering with is that just because we have feedback here that you do not like it and want it removed, does not mean it needs to be removed just for you to not use it, nor does it mean that the negative comments here are representative of our entire community, or communities on live servers.
I have passed on feedback to our devs as to improvements that would be welcome, for example better rewards. However it's unrealistic to expect a new feature still in testing to be removed just because some do not like it in it's current iteration.

Children online are potentially exposed to many things they should not be exposed to, however it would be up to their parents to determine what is or is not appropriate for them to access.

Again, just because we have new content or a new feature in testing, does not necessarily mean we are asking if we should we release something.
What we are always primarily asking is how can it be improved within any given players play style, and for details if anyone experiences any bugs.
I think it's important to remember we are a test server. We are here to test code that is released, report bugs, and get ideas to improve it. While we always welcome ideas for new or better design in the game, we are not a design server.
Of course if we get overwhelming feedback on for example removing a feature, it would be considered. But the core group of this community that are posting their feelings are arguably representative of end tech players from live servers, but are in no way necessarily representative of the entire Forge community as a whole.

Yet the "end tech" players say the exact same fricken things on live, Zarok. The rewards offered are only good up to maybe HMA? Which is pretty good evidence that you all are just trying to sucker in the new players.

If you all want to interest the end tech, give us something we could give a damn about. The research in the newer ages have been horrible, none of us even want to make the buildings the research offers because you drown us in event buildings. Cities used to look unique.

I'm parroting myself with the gripes I made in the past in hopes it gets through your thick skulls.

DeletedUser8403

I just tried to watch an ad, but it always tells me, after watching the whole ad that:

Sorry, an error has occurred!
"Ad provider could not confirm the video was watched"

does this mean that the watching of the video is being observed by accessing my computer (using my camera, which is - for obvious reasons - covered by a sticker)?

Attachments

• error watched.png
    error watched.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 3

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Guys, what is the problem? It's there - so what? Use it or don't - The choice is yours but it is not obtrusive and does no harm.

More relevant - watched the "Nissan" ad a couple of times now. When the ad closes the is a message to the effect that "no reward is given because the ad provider could not confirm that all of the ad had been watched" - clearly needs a fix

DeletedUser

Yet the "end tech" players say the exact same fricken things on live, Zarok. The rewards offered are only good up to maybe HMA? Which is pretty good evidence that you all are just trying to sucker in the new players.

Yet the end tech players are not necessarily representative of the average age of our active users. Believe me, I understand features need to have some appeal for everyone, even end tech players, but this would go to balancing this feature more in my opinion.

I'm parroting myself with the gripes I made in the past in hopes it gets through your thick skulls.

I in no way have a thick skull, nor have you presented me with anything I can't comprehend. Just because we are discussing opposite sides of an issue (which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned), does not mean we need to get confrontational.

DeletedUser8403

Guys, what is the problem? It's there - so what? Use it or don't - The choice is yours but it is not obtrusive and does no harm.

More relevant - watched the "Nissan" ad a couple of times now. When the ad closes the is a message to the effect that "no reward is given because the ad provider could not confirm that all of the ad had been watched" - clearly needs a fix
I have the same problem, after not being able to watch an ad for hours (nothin available)

I'm trying this out for the purpose of testing (I think it's a shoddy idea but still...)
But tonight, I watch some boring advert* just to get this message:
"Sorry, an error has occurred - Ad provider could not confirm the video was watched" - SORT THIS, please.
*in actual fact I go to another tab and don't watch them. Shhhhhh

Korvinusz

Merchant

thanks for the reply.

I know exactly this is a test server. So far, if I had trouble I was reporting the bugs for support and playing peacefully.
However, the reason for my registration in the forum was essentially this new problem.

Because my profession is social pedagogy, maybe I may have a professional opinion. And that is, though, this game is quite addictive, but has at least shown a good moral value system. And even the entertaining learning sign could be put on it. Which would be great!

What has already been disappointing these money-making special offerings ... they are horrible.

And now the ads come in. Directly targeted, in my mother tongue.
The system know which country I'm from, even here on the beta server.

And yes, you decide that you are interested in what we are saying here, as well as that money is more important than this morale. But by bringing the ads to the corner of the world where they have not been ... This is not about the interests of users.

You're pointing to parents, user masses, and other advertisers in the world. But here and now you have the greatest responsibility in this matter.

And I'm sorry that we started talking about this because I really like this game. But this is really a bad turn, and I can not be happy about it.

DeletedUser8316

Anyone else notice that there's now a "watch Ad" button next to the infiltrate button when you're on the continent map??? Getting awful close to having ads show up in quests ... as I predicted earlier. I hate to say it but "I told you so". Btw, I have not and will not watch an ad or click on any button that has anything to do with ads or the show hall.