• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

qaccy

Emperor
@Lady Bulgar
I assume the worst of people because that's often what they present when complaining about something here. I was just filling in the blanks that you left behind based on past experience reading the posts of others not just in this thread, and not just of yourself, but in various feedback threads over the past several years. People generally try to overvalue themselves when pushing to get as much as possible for as little as possible.

To me, even suggesting that one be able to obtain set items from something as simple and effortless as watching ads, especially with no further explanation given, is just as 'outlandish' as what you claimed my post to be. Even over the course of a long period of time, watching ads still is not a difficult task, but as long as we agree that this feature should in no way be handing out high-value prizes left and right, the rate of acquisition, should this suggestion be adopted, can be left up to the devs.

DeletedUser4381

To me, even suggesting that one be able to obtain set items from something as simple and effortless as watching ads,

My time is being used to earn Inno money. My time has value, so the rewards have to as well. Any company that fails to recognise that isn't going to get me to engage with an ad "feature".

DeletedUser8406

Finally on 10th attempt i run advertisment for Elvenar and got 35 medals. (=almost nothing)
But very crucial for me: NO POSSIBILITY TO TURN OFF SOUND of advert.

I have all sounds in game disabled, so I want to have this option for ads too.

DeletedUser8803

Tried 2 times now to watch, each time come back later. Ad blocker was paused. Need a counter for when an ad can be seen! Rewards are nil as far I see! I was told by a wealthy person one time, that time is money. Offering a nil item for time means our time has no value! I even jump my internet start page and click the bookmark for FOE so I don't have to see all the ads! I would think in a game like this where a lot of people buy diamonds, there is no need for ads. Pretty soon if not already, we are going to pay to watch ads and there will be s few tidbits of a movie or such for watching the ad on a TV. Keep ads out of game!

DeletedUser8406

I one game I have played was possibility to buy VIP for certain time (and every purchase of premium commodity was rewarded by some period of VIP). VIP have bigger income from buildings, shorter some times and NO ADS.
In FoE this should be applied like: Buy diamonds and don't worry about some ads for next week/month/year depending on their amount.

DeletedUser8803

Just tried to watch again and told to come back later! Meanwhile with ad blocker paused, 7 cookies where installed like " ad sense" and some are trackers. Need an opt out button for it. I wont use this Show Hall. Now I have to get rid of the cookies, game load up is taking longer.

DeletedUser8316

Okay then, let us make a bet on it. ;)

You and I both know the moment an ad shows up in a quest or anywhere else in the game, people are going to quote your comment that they won't show up there. That is all I was getting at. Never say never... esp in a forum such as this.

I see a lot of comments that it will be mandatory via quests, it will be presented on login screen, it will cause damage to your computer. While all seem like fine questions to explore, they all seem addressed already with what Zarok has posted. The Ads are vetted by the partners. Additionally you don't have to interact with them, the videos are presented in a secure frame on the game's side and close once the video ends. A building or button being present in the game does not in any way interfere with your security. None if this is on your device or browser, they're all loaded inside the frame once you decide to load it.

Ads vetted by anyone but Inno does not make them secure (actually anything not created by and owned wholly by Inno is suspect at best). Also, the ads are accessing cookies or have the potential to as your own policy states with Google Ad Sense using cookies (which means you're selling our data to even more people) It also opens another attack avenue .. no need to hack the game, just hack into the ad stream like they've done to many other websites.

I will never click on your show hall and will most likely shut my account down when this goes to the live servers. You have ignored real problems in the game for years and then add in something that has no value to the players at all. That indicates your not concerned about fixing the game but trying to just generate a little more revenue before the game goes into maint mode.

DeletedUser5160

@Zarok Dai I wasn't sure where to put this, I'm relatively new and I didn't see how to create a bug report, but here you go :)
zCEHon.jpg

I believe I watch videos to get ONE of the following rewards, not on ;) :p
Those are still some very insulting rewards for stacking the security flaws of ads with flash...

jtrucker

Baronet
@thephantom - this from Lady Bulgar is awesome idea:

There needs to be a balance between time and reward for the feature to be used. It's far more balanced to have, say, one or two tokens per ad - limited to every 4h, so 12 tokens at most a day - and price the set buildings to allow a player who watched 5-6 ads a day to accumulate either a smaller set building in about week, or a "centerpiece" building (like the palace) in a month. That would be two months of watching multiple ads every day to acquire a single palace set, which is a) good revenue for Inno, and b) fair reward for fair effort for the player.

I think it is nice balance between a difficulties of obtaining special buildings and easiness of watching adds.
I think it should be really considered by the devs, if the security concerns could be dealt with. But as miSc says, we could be secure only if we turn off the computer and throw it away. FoE or noFoe. The truth is that google already knows everything about me including where I am, even if all location services and other feedback services are off on my phone. Guess I'd have to throw the phone away too to stay safe and anonymous, but as a trucker I kinda need one. :)

So I guess, I won't scream "murder" before the actual killing and stay with the game unless a real malware comes up. But I personally would use the show hall only if the real revenue for Inno get shared with us. Either as a small (2-3-5??) amount of diamonds or token system like Lady Bulgar suggested. It simply has to be some form of the premium currency. In every other game I played watching ads got me that in one form or another. While watching ads is effortless, it is not free. As trucker, my time with game is VERY limited so if I use this time to make you real money, I want my share of it. Simple as that.

P.S. The ad for Elvenar is actually quite beautiful and as far as I can see the feature works as it should. Would love the mute button, but I can always mute the computer :)

DeletedUser

this is an awful change.

1) commercials make the game feel cheap. you want us to buy diamonds for up to 200€, but we cannot get rid of this useless building in our cities?
2) i do not want another building around my city that i do not have any influence on or hardly use.
3) if it was a building you could choose to build in your city, nobody would do it, because the stats are quite bad.
4) i fear the next changes inno will think of, if this gets implemented.
5) commercials for good game empire? okay, brb, will try that out.

DeletedUser7529

I am surprised that diamonds is not even an option in ad chest. There should be like 20% chance for 10 diamonds.
Currently rewards are definitelly not worth time wasted to watch an ad, even for new players.

Now the ad is running BUT
Why shall I watch after being 52 years on this beautiful earth an ad about pregnancy??? for getting 850 supplies... when having already 18 bln waiting for being used?
What funny person thought I will click any button in this "free" game for getting such a strange prize....
I mean this is rediculous