• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7107

I most definitely will not use this in the live servers if I all am going to get is the same useless stuff as I get from the incidence

DeletedUser8880

Have no idea if the rewards get better .Great when your small and growing but would swerve them once well up in the ranks at a guess but would have to see what the rewards are first

DeletedUser6590

Why does everyone have such an aversion to something like this - FoE is free, but free is not free...someone has to pay for new game development or the game ceases to exist. In the past it's been Diamond purchases (which I'm sure have been negatively impacted due to the availability in GE, by the way...NEW GAME DEVELOPMENT) so they are looking for a new revenue stream. The Show Hall is not a required action (just like the Treasure Chest which everyone complained about when it first came out), if you don't like it simply don't use it. This isn't rocket science...it's unbelievable that human beings can find something to complain about with everything. SMH

DeletedUser6209

The ads will not play. Have disabled ad-blockers and the screen "loads" but nothing is visible.
same here. I've disabled the ad blocker on opera, nothing. Firefox, nothing. Explorer I get a black blank screen.

Why does everyone have such an aversion to something like this - FoE is free, but free is not free...someone has to pay for new game development or the game ceases to exist. In the past it's been Diamond purchases (which I'm sure have been negatively impacted due to the availability in GE, by the way...NEW GAME DEVELOPMENT) so they are looking for a new revenue stream. The Show Hall is not a required action (just like the Treasure Chest which everyone complained about when it first came out), if you don't like it simply don't use it. This isn't rocket science...it's unbelievable that human beings can find something to complain about with everything. SMH
Sure but :
- you can buy diamond without having a big diamond hall on your city... you could see ads without having a show hall on your city
- add a third part on a game is assuming problems of virus, hack, malware, minning scripts, ransonware, inappropriate ads and so on. Innogame assume nothing else than take the money from third part.
- when someone watch ads he might have a reward corresponding to the money inno win... not 1PF, not peanuts...
- when someone can't watch ads, why having new cookies on computer ? the player win nothing in that case but third part win informations (/cookie)
Not a fair trade...
Let player have the choice to see ads and win a reward is a good thing... if the player agree with that... but a player who do not want to have that might be able to not have that. Do not use show hall do not preserve me from third part code injection on the game then code injection on my computer.

Korvinusz

Merchant
I had a positive opinion of the game so far. I paid for it, at least as much as a regular game. But this "development" really does not like it. When I noticed that half the rocky part of the tavern was missing, I was hoping there would be some great thing there
And advertising came here!
Seriously? Ads?

I have several problems:

1.) In this format, this can only be considered an insult. You're getting real money by selling us. But you basically do not give us anything in return.

2.) Yes, We may be ignored, but more vulnerable users, such as children... They will hang on it. Nice..
Morality is where it is?

3.) It is clear that most of us do not like this development, but you are protected. Why did you ask for opinions if you ignore them anyway? On our normal server, the location of the building has already appeared. This again shows that what has been said here is irrelevant.

So, if you want this at all, you should at least give a real currency for it. This is the diamond. For example:
40% 1 Diamonds
30% 5 Diamonds
20% 10 Diamonds
10% 20 Diamonds

But the best thing would be to do something nice and good, instead of this annoying thing.
Your special offers are still pretty unpleasant. The majority is only about getting the money of the people. They're hardly worth something.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8803

Truth be known, a lot of people playing FOE do buy diamonds! I might spend $50 USD in beta a month, the regular FOE world I'm in I spend at least $200 USD a month. I feel I should not have to watch ads! FOE should charge the market info people for the cookies from 3rd parties that normally go into every players computer they use for this game. What I said on a previous post, pausing my watchdog for the Show Hall allowed a bunch of cookies into my computer. Even this forum page tries to put on 2 cookies, trackers, one is google tag manager, the other is facebook connect. I wont turn my watchdog off again to get any ad from this Show Hall. Any ad from it screws up my computer, FOE isn't going to pay for it getting fixed. Nope, I'm keeping my computer protected as best I can. No one else is going to do that!

DeletedUser5160

:/ Inno moved onto bothering us with the next event. Seems the open comment period about the Ad Hall is closed since we're not getting any feedback from the devs.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Unless there a reward worth having I will not be wasting even more time watching ads. I play this game primarily because I am sick and tired of the endless adverts on commercial television - lol. That said, ever since the show thingy arrived, the game speed has gone through the floor. It is now so slow that I will probably miss the next couple of weeks. Manual battle in OF take for ever and I just get bored waiting for the revolving quests to recycle. Something like 2 seconds each and when faced with a minimum of 7 to get to where I want to be, I really can't be bothered. No I am not using HTML5 because that is even slower. Yes I have several other worlds on live servers in OF where the game speed is not an issue and yes I use the same PC for all worlds. Please address this issue because it is a killer for me.

HuscarlTW

Squire
I have been around since the launch of open beta in mid 2012. I will abandon this game if that infiltrate advertisement button isn't removed. Get that crap out of my face or I'll quit.

DeletedUser

I feel I should not have to watch ads!

Then don't. None of this is required for you to interact with.

Seems the open comment period about the Ad Hall is closed since we're not getting any feedback from the devs.

We have been responding in this thread, and we are still watching it. Everything posted has been passed on for consideration.

DeletedUser5160

We have been responding in this thread, and we are still watching it. Everything posted has been passed on for consideration.

That's all it has ever been @Zarok Dai . Passing things on for consideration and rarely are the considerations acknowledged. You told us to wait 24 hours for improvements and such but it has been almost a week. InnoGames is dragging you and us along with no hopes of improvement.

DeletedUser

I made references to 24 hours as to it had barely been a day it was released. I in no way intended to imply changes would be made in 24 hours.

Feanor II

Baronet

I'll be honest, I'm a little insulted by the addition of the Show Hall. I pay good money on the regular servers for a fun game experience, and Inno generally delivers. I enjoy the game, and I like all the improvements they made and was looking forward to the next one. I come to the defense of Inno on the "regular server" forum when people complain about things like diamond cost of buildings. However, rather than improving the gameplay experience, Inno instead turned their developers loose to add something that doesn't actually affect gameplay in any significant manner, it's just a blatant money-grab from a company already making record profits.

I don't suppose Inno would consider lowering the price of diamonds relative to the additional revenue stream from the ads? Didn't think so.

DeletedUser5160

I made references to 24 hours as to it had barely been a day it was released. I in no way intended to imply changes would be made in 24 hours.

And by then, Inno releases their mistakes to live and you all lose even more players.

OmegaLee

Steward
The rewards are to weak for me to bother. I am always looking for me ways to get stuff, but this doesn't cut it.

I've spent hours playing a game to get a trail pay award. Those are giving premium currency. Give me a few diamonds, and I will gladly watch. Give me a chance at a good building I will watch. 1 FP being the best reward was to trivial.

DeletedUser8526

Apparently it doesn't work in Safari, either. Whenever I attempt, the screen flickers as if trying to load... ...then says "no ads available. try later."

housemouse

Squire
No sorry.
Up to 8 trackers and more if I turn off the ad blocker, including 3 slow tracker and 3 warnings. Look at your advertising alone!