• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

qaccy

Emperor
If you all want to interest the end tech, give us something we could give a damn about. The research in the newer ages have been horrible, none of us even want to make the buildings the research offers because you drown us in event buildings. Cities used to look unique.

Like what? Instead of just complaining about everything, I for one am curious to hear some suggestions on what you WOULD like to see and I don't even work for the company.

I think you have the wrong expectation coming into this server and these feedback threads, to be honest. I figured out almost right off the bat that I'm not a developer here (because, obviously, I am not), and I don't have any direct say in what does or does not happen in the game and it's never been set up that way. Why haven't you learned that yet?

DeletedUser5160

Like what? Instead of just complaining about everything, I for one am curious to hear some suggestions on what you WOULD like to see and I don't even work for the company.

I think you have the wrong expectation coming into this server and these feedback threads, to be honest. I figured out almost right off the bat that I'm not a developer here (because, obviously, I am not), and I don't have any direct say in what does or does not happen in the game and it's never been set up that way. Why haven't you learned that yet?

I gave an analysis in the first half of OF where the units were trash and why they were trash and they were not "balanced" to make more appealing.

I've also mentioned again to give the ages beyond FE a bigger edge by expanding the scale to 2x instead of 1.5x. HTs would be annihilated since they wouldn't even be able to approach anything the ages after has to dish out. That would drastically cut down the range of any units and make the AF+ units overpower the rest and destroy them before they could get closer, but this keeps getting lost in the noise.

There is not much I can say about the buildings though since we're flooded with event buildings. Back in 2012/13 when I played (and before the SoK storm), cities were unique and designed around the buildings they want. With the event buildings only requiring 1 lane roads, the 2 lane buildings are irrelevant and people use those event buildings to make the goods.

What would be nice is if the next age can make the goods needed instead of having to go through the massive supply chain that has spawned from the refined good system. IndA -> ME -> FE (iirc). When the next age comes out, would just be 2 of each good from FE without that chain but would come at a huge cost 2-3 million coins/supplies or something should balance it out to save the space of having goods producers from 3 different ages.

It also isn't just me alone when my thoughts were shared among the others who posted the exact same ideas regarding ads and the fear of security. @Zarok Dai, Inno has given no vote of confidence on the security of those ads. This is compounded with the security holes and memory leaks that Flash exposes.

DeletedUser7262

Guys, what is the problem? It's there - so what? Use it or don't - The choice is yours but it is not obtrusive and does no harm.

More relevant - watched the "Nissan" ad a couple of times now. When the ad closes the is a message to the effect that "no reward is given because the ad provider could not confirm that all of the ad had been watched" - clearly needs a fix

i had the same probrm

DeletedUser7239

You like ads? :D Strange tastes some people have, but i think it has inno writing all over the place on your statement.
Sugestions? how about never put it on our city, even better, how about never exist?
This is the worst idea your boss ever had.
His complaint is spot on.
Giving medals supply and coins as an option? a few goods? 1 or 2fp? i would give them that just to blow it up to pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulikater

Farmer
Just got a Qashqai Ad and watched it 3 times, always getting a mesg Ad could not be veryfied to be watched. No reward, immediate retry available. Such things are just frustrating and should not happen. The integration should be veryfied by FOE team .

Vanek ur

Steward
In my guild, we have a same problem (Audi ads -> error window ("Ad provider could not confirm the video was watched") and no rewards).

DeletedUser16

Thanks for reporting and sorry about that! The ads feature was temporarily disabled as we're working on a fix.

DeletedUser4381

Of course if we get overwhelming feedback on for example removing a feature, it would be considered. But the core group of this community that are posting their feelings are arguably representative of end tech players from live servers, but are in no way necessarily representative of the entire Forge community as a whole.

Thanks for the feedback all :)

Just because end-tech players are the ones giving feedback, doesn't make their point of view invalid.... or is it simply the case that end-game players are less important to Inno and can safely be ignored?

DeletedUser7239

Just because end-tech players are the ones giving feedback, doesn't make their point of view invalid.... or is it simply the case that end-game players are less important to Inno and can safely be ignored?

Its easy they mean
Translation: hey high end players already spend alot so heh, lets get new suckers to spend it too.

DeletedUser

I never said end tech player feedback was invalid, nor do I agree that we in any way feel end tech players are not important.
I was trying to make the point that end tech players are part of a much larger community of players from all ages across the live servers, and that if the majority of the negative feedback on this feature here on Beta is from end tech players, it may not be representative of the larger community as a whole.

DeletedUser7239

I never said end tech player feedback was invalid, nor do I agree that we in any way feel end tech players are not important.
I was trying to make the point that end tech players are part of a much larger community of players from all ages across the live servers, and that if the majority of the negative feedback on this feature here on Beta is from end tech players, it may not be representative of the larger community as a whole.

Hi, i do not know how you can say that, but this i can tell you.
Newer players(i have a few on my friend list), complain that events are expensive and they will not do the event, and some even quit the game, i know because some told me, other just quit the game, and i have to remove some from friend list.
I think that from the all negative feedback from all the bad decisions you made last year, one thing is common: you guys do not listen players, it seems to me you(i mean the tick head/heads that are the boss here on the game), only open feedback to see how far they can push players patience before players get really mad, and therefore make more money at the cost of the suckers.

Lol !!!!
As users are not asked what they think of the game - for example through survey - inevitably if some players moan it should not be taken into account because the silent majority thinks the opposite ... and as we say in French ... that's it ... and the marmot puts the chocolate in the foil.

it is not because you put earplugs that you will silence the players

Last edited:

DeletedUser5097

Thanks, I got it. As an end-game player we should make new accounts, making a new forum profile,
starting the game all over with this and than we can finaly beeing part of the group that is representative
for the larger community as a whole.:D Just sarcasm, sorry.:p Don't take that serriouse.
I can understand it from both points of view. For the dev. team it's not fun to get a lot of negative
reactions on new stuff, often by end-game players. How later changed their minds when it's on
live. From an end-game player point of view this feels like a bit saiding because we hit the end
and are not active in the race to get towards the end we can't give good representative feedback.
While meaning that you'r end-game means you got through all ages, so you should have a pretty
good idea what's the intresst in wich age.
Also some one suggested for things like this new feature, a extra Beta world would beeing
open for a limited time to trying out the impact on the game from an player point of view. Since
you'r right, the most here are end-game players. So opening an new Beta world temporary for
testing this feature is an good idea to optain better and more fair feedback in how usefull this
feature is from an starter point of view. Afterall this should be more usefull for starters rather
advanced players.

========================

Constructive feedback

However I would like to point out, that we have altarnative ways to obtain simelar,
rewards:
Incidents, they are free and we can just seek arround our city for simelar rewards as the adds. This
is the main feature that would perhaps beeing very compative with the show hall and making the
show hall a bit unnecessary.

This is why I think the showhall can't beeing compative with the current features in the game as
it is right now. If the rewards aren't intressting enough the showhall will be hardly used. A very
few ideas that may help you on the way:
GE attemps
Consumebles
One free exploration of an province
Small change on a few diamonds (for example 10?)
Something unique maybe? Some players love to obtain every unique thing

Maybe even giving an longer cooldown in exchange for better rewards. Perhaps giving
an contest for players on Beta to come up with good ideas for rewards for the showhall
to improve it. Remember the last time the GB contest? It brought plenty new unique
GB skills with it. So this might be working for the showhall as well. Sure it takes a few
minutes to setup the topic and announche it but, you might finding a way to make people
happy with your showhall...
As long the showhall has not to offer us something that we can elsewhere, I think it's
getting an hard time to get compative. When it has us to offer something what we can't
get elsewhere in the game could change it a lot. Sadly I would like to said also that the
game went more and more offtrack of it's original main game: TT, city and Cmap. In some
ways possitive (GE & GvG as community stuff) but I think with all of this the game may
becomes overwhelming for new players.

As a sidenote, as an end-game player as both on live as on Beta I hope you find this not
too negative :p and find hopefully usefull to finding ways to make this feature great for
the major part of the comminity as an whole...

DeletedUser8859

Thanks, I got it. As an end-game player we should make new accounts, making a new forum profile, starting the game all over with this and than we can finaly beeing part of the group that is representative
for the larger community as a whole

No need to create multiple accounts. I have 16 cities at the EN server (same account, same player name "Darrth Eugene Vader").
  • EN4 Dinegu: the first one is at OF Era, close to reach the end the OF Continent Map (that map is still a continent one, right?), but still got tech pending to research / unlock.
  • Got probably just one (1) city in each of the following eras: CE / Post Modern / Modern
  • Got multiple cities in EMA. HMA, LMA, and Colonial eras
  • And just at this week started BA cities at the last two (2) worlds created after Odhrorvar,
  • Plus my Iron Age city at Beta server nearly 1 month old.
So, can I represent end-game players? starting-game players?, middle-game players? pre-Ragu treason game players? post Ragu treason game players? and/or whatever other type of game players exists?

DeletedUser8859

As long the showhall has not to offer us something that we can elsewhere, I think it's
getting an hard time to get compative.

A new resource usefull to adquire something new? Like Tavern Silver to get extra GE negotiation turns? or bonus that only with GBs you would previously obtain?

If Tavern Silver can be used to get supplies boosts (like LOA / RAH), coins boosts (like St Marks), attack boosts (like Zeus, COA, CDM), defense boost (like Deal Castle / St Basils)... can a new resource be used to get / simulate the rewards from other GBs like Dynamic Tower? Temple of Relics? Voyager? Artic Orangery?

DeletedUser8404

There's a noticeable trend in this thread: so far, that I've noticed, two messages have actually supported the idea in some form, while the remainder of the 13 pages of messages have been negative or, at best, something along the lines of "if we have to have it, at least give us better rewards". This is not exactly an overwhelming show of support. If anything, it's an overwhelming show of rejection of this "feature".

Since my most advanced city (the one here on Beta) is in LMA, I'm definitely not an end-tech player, and I truly despise this "feature". I certainly don't represent everyone, but clearly, not everyone in this thread is end-tech and, on the flip side, not everyone of the few who are tolerant of it is new. So, I think Inno needs to be prepared for the fact that if this "feature" hits the Live servers, probably some 98% of people are going to be extremely upset about it, regardless of the age they're in.

The hall is intrusive in the sense that everyone knows what it is, and there's a reminder of the outside world built into every single city in existence. It gives the city a different feel just by being there, even if you ignore it completely. I assume that you have some kind of metrics for how many people are using this "feature" and from where. Right now, I expect usage is higher than normal because we, as Beta players, signed up to test things, so we're testing them. I'd be willing to bet that the number of people using this "feature" is still pretty low despite that, and will be even lower on Live servers once people understand what it is.

So, you need to ask yourself: is pissing off a lot of players, and potentially having some of them leave the game altogether, worth the paltry amount of ad revenue you're going to get from this "feature"? Given the feedback here, and the reactions I've seen in Live guilds where Beta players are talking about this, I can't imagine a scenario where the answer to that question could ever possibly be "yes, it's worth it".