• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Show Hall

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser1418

Just stop this Zarok... Clearly you have no knowledge on privacy matters, maybe you've forgotten that facebook played the Russian textbook during the US election. How can you possible trust 3rd parties if you cant control what they do?

This game was without adverts, we signed up without them, we paid for our diamonds, so new players should do exactly the same. Or give back our money.

DeletedUser

Just stop this Zarok

Concerns were posted here. I then consulted with the higher ups and posted what information I was given. This is what I always do, and will continue to do so. Whether you like this feature or not, I am not the enemy. In fact I have already passed on everyone's concerns posted so far in this thread, and I will also continue to do that as well.
We are only about 24 hours into this so I am a bit surprised by the tone of finality in some of the posts. This can still be improved to be more useful based on feedback, and if a player doesn't want to use it, they do not have to. It has not changed the game in any significant way in my opinion. Some will use it, some won't, like many other features in the game.

Miepie

Baronet
Only improvement that can be reached is removing this commercial nonsens

edit: and I'm not shooting the messager, but the person(s) who decided to add this. And I haven't read anything that makes me feel secure, even banks and governments have trouble with security so if a "higer on the ladder" innoguy/girl says don't worry, it guarantees nothing

Last edited:

Logain Sedai

Baronet
We are only about 24 hours into this so I am a bit surprised by the tone of finality in some of the posts. This can still be improved to be more useful based on feedback, and if a player doesn't want to use it, they do not have to. It has not changed the game in any significant way in my opinion. Some will use it, some won't, like many other features in the game.
Did Inno think that this would be a popular addition? This theather does not look good, it might endanger our PCs and above all it does not bring any interesting rewards...
The only improvement would be to make it disappear and, if anyone is interested in it, have access to it the same way we have special offers.

DeletedUser8872

I also read the privacy policy in which IG basically washes its hands of any responsibility for any external content it allows in and consequently i have asked for the removal of my credit card data from the FOE system, overkill?? possibly but i prefer safe to sorry

Immediately absolving themselves of any legal responsibility shows exactly that they know all about the legal issues they could get into with this. I would advise everyone to take down their credit card information from the site and not go through InnoGames directly to get their Diamonds. I stopped that a long time ago when I had to jump through hoops with my bank on foreign transactions and now I use perfectly legal gift cards that you can buy at any retailer when I go to make a Diamond purchase from Google Play. Never had a problem doing it that way. I even get a receipt from InnoGames thanking me for the purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1418

@Zorak: Not seeing you as the enemy. I do however read post like you've written : "safe not to go online" and in defense of InnoGames for a "feature" that really isn't. It is not my intention to shoot the messenger :) Nevertheless, we never signed up here to be exposed to (malicious) 3rd parties for the sake of revenue gain. The concerns here are genuine and realistic.

If someone deserves revenue, it should be us, the testers, giving feedback, and giving really good advise. If InnoGames wants to put adds, use own ads to promote other InnoGames games, but definitely no 3rd parties you can't control or vouch for.

DeletedUser7239

Let see your privacy policy...

3.3. Advertising by third parties, links to other websites, Google AdSense, Facebook button

3.3.1 From time to time, the website may also contain advertising by a third party and interactive links to third party Internet appearances for which InnoGames is not responsible. In particular, InnoGames has no influence on the content and design of the linked external pages or the Internet appearances which you reach via these pages. The relevant providers are exclusively responsible for the content and design of these Internet appearances as well as their compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.

3.3.2 The website uses Google AdSense, a web services provided by Google, through which third party advertisements are posted on the website. Within these advertisements, Google can post cookies on the user's hard drive in order to read out the data and can use web beacons (small, invisible graphic files) to collect information. Information created by the cookies and/or web beacons are transferred to a Google server in the USA and processed there.

3.3.3 Occasionally, the advertisers or companies use technologies through which advertisements appearing on the InnoGames page are sent directly to your browser, resulting in an automatic transfer of your IP address. The relevant advertisers or companies at times also use cookies as well as other technical means to measure their advertisements' efficiency or to improve their content. This particularly, but not exclusively, affects the allocation of Internet pages to certain interest categories according to your Internet use. In this context, no connection is created between this information and your name, address, telephone number or email address. InnoGames has no influence on this. Data handling by these third parties is therefore not included in this data protection declaration. You can deactivate the use of cookies in your browser settings (refer to clause 3.1). In addition you can prevent the collection of interest-related data and their categorisation by deactivation on www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.

3.3.6 We transfer your anonymized device ID
(IDentifier For Advertisers - IDFA or Google Advertiser ID - GAID) to some of our Marketing partners within or outside Europe (e.g. US) to generate advertisements for certain user groups with the help of our partners or to exclude certain user groups from special advertisements. The collection, storing and transfer of the device ID can at any time be disabled with effect for the future by adjusting the settings of your mobile device as set out under section § 3.5.

https://legal.innogames.com/foe/en/privacy

Its very serious and of bad taste when someone lie about something this important, without any doubt this game is hitting rock bottom.
Playing with privacy is something i do take very serious, and its better you fix it fast(stop this stupid idea), because if word gets out, its over for you = inno.

Today no videos. Yesterday no videos, too.
It's stupid to know that people can get videos and get things for them. The developers build unfair advantages in here!

DeletedUser8872

Folks might ask me so I will go ahead and explain. To use a Google Play Gift Card on FoE you either have to have a mobile device or mobile device emulation software on your PC. I am the Founder of a Guild and being that is so I must be able to help my mobile players. I found some pretty good software that is downloadable from the internet called Bluestacks 3 which allows your PC to emulate a mobile device. So now I can see what my mobile device Guildies can see and be able to help them with issues. That's fantastic and with this you get access to Google Play and can make use of their Gift Cards which can be purchased just about anywhere and use them in the FoE that you get in Bluestacks 3. This allows me to bypass all the hassle my bank was giving me on foreign transactions. No telephone calls and no extra fees. Yay! and later in the day a receipt from InnoGames shows up in my email thanking me for the purchase.

DeletedUser7107

Inno will make money every time we watch an ad. share the wealth with us and trash the worthless rewards, give us diamonds, even if just a couple

DeletedUser7813

I dont like this new feature at all.
I start playing this game because there were no ads or VIP system. I buy dia from time to time not because I need them but to support a game I enjoy.
At least meet us half way and let us disenabled it if we buy XY dia. This way you will make money out of people who dont want it and at the same time you will make money out of ppl who Is gonna watch ads. Its win/win situation.
And pls dont tell me I can ignore it if I dont want to use it because I will have to look at it every single time I log info the game. And dont let me start about security.
This feature add nothing to the game. I bet there Is not a single person who Is actualy looking forward for this to come to live servers.

DeletedUser8872

I have said my peace about this issue and will say nothing else about it except for this. When it goes live to millions of players if it gets a viral as it did here in just one world the Forums are going to have a major problem. I apologize if I offended anyone. I take anything that can possibly cause a computer hack to happen seriously. Maybe too seriously as Zorak is right, just logging into the internet on any website is a risk and we all take that risk everyday. It just happens that I have been burned by this same feature on other games mores times than I would have liked and I am like if this happens to me again out goes the PC and maybe I switch to a mobile device or something. That is all. Peace fellow players. :)

DeletedUser8404

Just to add my voice to the chorus, I won't be watching any ads for the kind of rewards you're offering. Most of them are meaningless to me, even in the early game. Once you know what you're doing, you'll have coins enough to infiltrate anything, and then some, so why would I? And paltry amounts of supplies or FP? In the time that it takes to watch an ad, I could scan for GBs that give a lot more rewards than what that ad does.

You'd have to figure out a way to balance it, but I agree with the suggestions that offering the possibility of completing a set or levelling an event building...those would get me to watch ads.

NorMags

Baronet
Immediately absolving themselves of any legal responsibility shows exactly that they know all about the legal issues they could get into with this. I would advise everyone to take down their credit card information from the site and not go through InnoGames directly to get their Diamonds. I stopped that a long time ago when I had to jump through hoops with my bank on foreign transactions and now I use perfectly legal gift cards that you can buy at any retailer when I go to make a Diamond purchase from Google Play. Never had a problem doing it that way. I even get a receipt from InnoGames thanking me for the purchase.
You are aware that it's waaay more expensive to buy Diamonds through App Store/Google Play?

DeletedUser8872

I have been playing the game for over 3 years so I am fully aware of the difference in the amount of Diamonds you get going through Inno vs. Google Play but when your Bank adds a 5 to 10 dollar foreign transaction fee on top of each transaction you make the difference in the two is irrelevant.

dolphin

Marquis
Not in favour of the ads ingame.

Also are diamonds for testing this feature going to be awarded to active accounts?

Last edited:

DeletedUser4403

Also are diamonds for testing this feature going to be awarded to active accounts?

It’s the new testing format in BETA. Just like the Oracle of Delphi, we just get it soon as they decide to release it. No testing needed because everything works just as intended!!

You remember how well the Oracle worked out post-release yeah?!? What are you worried about?!? ;)

DeletedUser8316

If this goes live, I will no longer play this game. You cannot guarantee the security of the videos when you don't control them. Any claim that a video can't contain malware or malicious code is flat out lying. If you don't own the original video, didn't create it .. then you can't be sure there is no malicious code with it. Malware coming through advertising is a huge issue and has hit many very big / popular websites.

The rewards are ridiculously pathetic as well. Looks to me like Inno is losing it's backside on FoE now and is trying to come up with a new source of revenue to keep the lights on a little longer.

DeletedUser5160

Concerns were posted here. I then consulted with the higher ups and posted what information I was given. This is what I always do, and will continue to do so. Whether you like this feature or not, I am not the enemy. In fact I have already passed on everyone's concerns posted so far in this thread, and I will also continue to do that as well.

Not giving the benefit of the doubt anymore. I've heard this line multiple times in the past and the "wait and see" attitude never paid off. The initial reactions is the true opinion of the public.