• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

WillyWuff17

Squire
Is there a limit of random elements a Strategy Game can have? Where ends the Strategy and begins the Game of Luck Category?

The new Feature introduces two random elements. One is the amount of "Incidents", one is the content of the rewards.

Actually currently it can be 0-5, so it is possible to get none in a day.
The 24 hours starts from the moment the incident spawns in or around your city.

Player does not see when the 24h Counter starts, so (s)he has to look multiple times a day if there is something or even nothing.
At least some sort of info - maybe in the Event History "Incidents have happened in your world" with a timestamp or something like the Relicts in the GE a Sign that there is something to look for would be nice. If there is something on the Street between the Buildings it is very hard to see - found one but had to move Houses to see it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm happy without an indicator in this case - you can check a couple times a day if you find them worthwhile - 24 hr lifespan is plenty. If you miss some or just don't care to look you get less rewards. Really this feature feels more flavor than new core activity required for progression anyways.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Actually currently it can be 0-5, so it is possible to get none in a day.
I see that as a bit of a flaw in Inno's Beta testing decision! How can us Beta testers give constructive feedback on nothing happening, i.e. getting zero Instances?
Whilst I'm happy that the daily Instance spawn rate may be 0-5 once it reaches the Live servers, I would suggest that Inno need to make the spawn rate nearer, if not equal, to 5 during Beta testing in order that they get constructive feedback from us.
I'm 17 hrs into today and 24hrs since my last Instance collection and have no Instances spawned. Whilst I appreciate it may well be my turn to receive zero Instances today, how do you expect me to give constructive feedback on their graphics, placement, rewards etc if I don't receive any?

DeletedUser

the gifts have relationship
with the bonus of Great Buildings ?

No they shouldn't be affected by GB's.

I see that as a bit of a flaw in Inno's Beta testing decision! How can us Beta testers give constructive feedback on nothing happening, i.e. getting zero Instances?

As I said, I have asked if the minimum can be set to 1.

Player does not see when the 24h Counter starts, so (s)he has to look multiple times a day if there is something or even nothing.

I see this as an issue as well and will bring it up.

DeletedUser7473

One thing I'd like to confirm:

Please tell me that this new feature "incidents" will not result in a great building with effects on those incidents like the Temple of Relics has on relics.

If Inno throws out a great building with effects like "the higher the level the higher the chance to get more incidents from the range of 0-5 every day" and "the higher the level the higher the chances to get an uncommon or even rare incident", then we will know that Inno only created this feature to have a way to create a new great building because the existing effects are already plentily covered with the available GBs.

So please confirm that this feature is not meant to become the foundation for a new great building like the second OF GB that is still missing or another ageless GB like the Temple of Relics.

Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser8127

it doesn’t work … why ? … i don’t no

yesterday 5 Incidents - today 0 ..... nada , njente , nix , rien = zero .....

DeletedUser4285

saw 2 so far today ....

1) tree blocking aqua highway
2) tiki hut or whatever it was

DeletedUser

So please confirm that this feature is not meant to become the foundation for a new great building like the second OF GB that is still missing or another ageless GB like the Temple of Relics.

I have no way of confirming or denying this. Game design does not discuss their plans with support while they are in the development phase.

Silveralius

Squire
From: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/all-incidents.7586/
Image with all Incidents.
Later after I will found separate links (if exists) i will posted it.
B9Fdmc43R0WI6eFhBPCNmQ.png
hidden_reward_incident_beehive
hidden_reward_incident_blocked_road_1x1
hidden_reward_incident_blocked_road_2x2
hidden_reward_incident_broken_cart
hidden_reward_incident_castaway
hidden_reward_incident_clothesline
hidden_reward_incident_crates
hidden_reward_incident_dinosaur_bones
hidden_reward_incident_fallen_tree_1x1
hidden_reward_incident_fallen_tree_2x2
hidden_reward_incident_fisherman
hidden_reward_incident_floating_chest
hidden_reward_incident_flotsam
hidden_reward_incident_fruit_vendor
hidden_reward_incident_kite
hidden_reward_incident_mammoth_bones
hidden_reward_incident_musician
hidden_reward_incident_overgrowth
hidden_reward_incident_pothole_1x1
hidden_reward_incident_pothole_2x2
hidden_reward_incident_rhino
hidden_reward_incident_sculptor
hidden_reward_incident_shipwreck
hidden_reward_incident_sos
hidden_reward_incident_statue
hidden_reward_incident_stick_hut
hidden_reward_incident_treasure_chest
hidden_reward_incident_wine_cask

bilboman

Merchant
I agree with "Manda the first" I have spent 20 minutes looking around the city to find nothing I will not be spending any more time to look for stuff. There has to be some sort of indication that there is an incident in a city. And agree with the comment on the roads too, almost every road is hidden behind buildings. Until I see an indicator of some sort I will not be looking for anything in my city and I am sure many others will agree with me.
Has this feature been turned on yet?

Silveralius

Squire
I agree with "Manda the first" I have spent 20 minutes looking around the city to find nothing I will not be spending any more time to look for stuff. There has to be some sort of indication that there is an incident in a city. And agree with the comment on the roads too, almost every road is hidden behind buildings. Until I see an indicator of some sort I will not be looking for anything in my city and I am sure many others will agree with me.

This is great idea for new GB.
Pasive: If builded than indicate if you have some Incidents in city or outside.
Active: Something like "Temle of Relic" but for Incidecnts. With higer lvl you have higer chance to get uncammon or rare Incident. And next. active bonus. For all 5 sucesfuly build lvl is incrase the numbers of Incidents that can apper.

Silveralius

Squire
And now. Something about testing.

Work perfectly great. I found many Incidents outside of city and one in city.
But get 100 coins in Late Migle Age from common Incidents is not good. I get more coins from click on motivate button.
Please increase it. It is to much lower against other ways how to get coins.

EDIT:
Screen with that coins and age.
vBvsBrboT3ONFoAasmiLZQ.png

Last edited:

Macha

Squire
i agree with what a lot of others have said, we need some kind of indicator that theres an incident in the city

ZENA

Marquis
other idea
what about there is a question mark top of it like the starts u get form motivated
or a small icon in the right side of screen
where it show u 16/ 20
so as u found it it count it down
and when more apeer the count go up
the 1st section is for what u found
the send section for the incedents in the city active

DeletedUser8288

I think this new feature is great! But yesterday I found about 5 around my city, today 24 hours later I found nothing, has it been turned off now?