• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8024

I love this idea. I accidentally clicked elsewhere making the splash screen disappear. Is there some way to retrieve it?

DeletedUser8277

At first I thought this was a really great idea, then I spent the last 45 minutes scrolling around my city and outside looking for something. I thought with it being beta they would have dropped something for everyone right off the bat so it could be tested. I'm new to beta server so I'm still learning how things work here.

I haven't found one yet but this being a sample of what it will be like playing the game when this gets implemented I can't say I'm a huge fan. Though I did like the other hide and go seek events with the apples and tickets. With those you had some idea of when to go looking, after a finished quest or after some mo/po's.

Though it may be counter productive to the idea of this I think there needs to be some indication to go hunting. Otherwise after it's been gotten used to a small percentage of people are going to be obsessively hunting their cities while the majority will just get sick of the eye strain and give up on the idea all together.

It could be a great little addition but I feel it needs some tweeks to turn off what will soon become an annoyance. I personally always like the chance to get additional loot though so no complaints there.

Two questions:
I am confused on the part of the incidents expiring. If one pops up, does it disappear when the next one pops up or can multiple be found at once each with a 24 hour expiration on them?

As for the road work one, many roads in my main city are unable to be seen through the buildings, will there be some other way to tell they are there? And what about for OF water roads?

DeletedUser6796

I agree with "Manda the first" I have spent 20 minutes looking around the city to find nothing I will not be spending any more time to look for stuff. There has to be some sort of indication that there is an incident in a city. And agree with the comment on the roads too, almost every road is hidden behind buildings. Until I see an indicator of some sort I will not be looking for anything in my city and I am sure many others will agree with me.

DeletedUser

I am confused on the part of the incidents expiring. If one pops up, does it disappear when the next one pops up or can multiple be found at once each with a 24 hour expiration on them?

They expire 24 hours after spawning, and you can have more than 1 active at the same time. So a new one appearing will not make a previous one disappear.

As for the road work one, many roads in my main city are unable to be seen through the buildings, will there be some other way to tell they are there? And what about for OF water roads?

They will cause traffic jams which should be visible even with obstructions to your view from buildings.
Also, if you logoff, and then back in, the position of an incident already there can change.

Pafton

Viceroy
Seriously? A rhino on a boat. Which rhino would be so dumb as to climb over a boat?

Jokes apart, I find this feature complete crap and extremely useless. Something of the treasure hunt sort.

A question though. What is I disable road animations and cannot see the' traffic jam' (like I care about a traffic jam in my city).

DeletedUser3540

Great idea.
But what is this?

As ncshsg wrote, rhino on a boat is not historical or daily life event, the others are. This looks like fantasy from Elvenar. And I do not like unreal things in so real simulation like this game is :)

What about crashed boat on some stones in water?

incident_rhino1.png

DeletedUser5097

Haha so true Ncshsg, but it's known that some snakes where able to get on a island on
some wood in the water, but a rhino...
I would like to suggest instead of a rhino lost in space a abbandon ship (ghost ship) or
a ship in trouble. That's much more realistic. For every age. Since well in the Iron Age
there where large battles on the water so it must be save to said that there are boats
in that age and from that point on.
Back to feedback. I don't like the idea of some random event that can block my roads
and disorder my productions. This will cause many problems in the production lines
and plunder protection. When they can even move to another places on the road the
problems grow even worst. So that will become quicly annoying and it will getting worst
to something stupid (sorry this is the only way how I can said it) that is downgrading
the fun and disorder the game play. I'm sorry to said it.
Also a another major problem with it. In some events you have to produce 24h productions
and events are a limited time in town. When a blocked road appear yeah good luck with
that, your 24h production will get late and the time is running out.
Basicly besides of that, it's a easy way to collect extra boosters, but I don't think it works
well in normal gameplay. I think it's doing it well in events for extra tickets or eggs or
something to buy prizes, but not to get extra loot.

I would like to suggest beside of that, you maybe can buy some extra boosters in
the tavern for in you inventory. The advantage of that is that you can boost supleis,
coins or defence/attack and having for example a city shield on. That woulde be
nicer in my oppinion to get extra boosters.

if you dont like the new feature, just ignore it. like treasure hunt, its a good feature for new players and those who need some quick rewards.

@Zarok Dai pls feed back to devs - city animations recently got turned on for all cities. I'm really not happy about that. why? because I consider it a spoiler. I have been playing for more than a year, and look forward to seeing the animations when I get to a new age. now I see all the animations in ages above me when I visit other cities. such a disappointment

Pafton

Viceroy
I am 99% sure I know the answer to my question (I'm thinking the answer will surely be none). But there's no harm in asking.
Are we getting any diamonds?
Actually, there isn't anything to test which would require diamonds, but the question won't hurt, will it?

DeletedUser

As ncshsg wrote, rhino on a boat is not historical or daily life event, the others are.

Weren't animals by the hundreds taken on rafts and boats from the inner parts of Africa to Europe and beyond in the 1800's?

I don't like the idea of some random event that can block my roads
and disorder my productions.

They block traffic on the road, they do not disconnect buildings from the road, so they won't hinder any productions.

city animations recently got turned on for all cities. I'm really not happy about that. why?

I don't know the reason why, though it may have been to feature and test the incidents fully here on Beta.

the incident in the road how will u see it with high rise buildings

We think they should still be visible, but I have already passed this possibility on to those that make the decisions.

Silveralius

Squire
Great idea and I like it. But as other says rhino on boat? Please change it into to something else. Maybe into pirate's wrecked ship or ice bear on ice floe. Rhino on boat looks like very ridiculously.

ZENA

Marquis
i think the rhino is bit good in the sensce it promote that that specy is bussy diying out
with poutching
so sad