• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Andi47

Overlord
Some questions:

1.) Is it necessary to have city animations on when I want to see incidenc which happen in the city (such as a blocked road)?
2.) can blocked roads (or similar) also happen on one-lane roads?
3.) are there incidents happening on/in the city buildings (such as a deco, production building, etc.)?
4.) When I see an incident - is there any possibility to see whether it is common, uncommon or rare? (there is no such thing as a tooltip, which would say this and possibly tell a short background story about the incident)

edit: added more questions

Last edited:

mbk28

Baronet
too small to find something, anwards too small, 20 medals when you need 12000 in progressive, no interest

LadyHecate

Marquis
Just on incident today, will the 4 others come later ?
The Mods have previously stated that there will be "up to" five incidents per day "and they can appear at any point during the day. They're not static/predictable, they just happen"; thus you may not get five each day and they're likely to appear at random times throughout the day.
too small to find something, anwards too small, 20 medals when you need 12000 in progressive, no interest
With Common, Uncommon and Rare Instances you're likely to see the Medal rewards vary in size!

shooter

Merchant
It would be very appreciated if you could make the incidents bigger. They are so small they are hard to see. I get hunting but i need to see them to find them. Also I have animations on and usually I see traffic for about 2 seconds on load then it is gone. There is no traffic to back up?
Thanks

Last edited:

DeletedUser5526

Oh well, I found a falling tree on my city hidden behind some buildings (on a narrow street)
hidden_reward_incident_beehive
hidden_reward_incident_blocked_road_1x1
hidden_reward_incident_blocked_road_2x2
hidden_reward_incident_broken_cart
hidden_reward_incident_castaway
hidden_reward_incident_clothesline
hidden_reward_incident_crates
hidden_reward_incident_dinosaur_bones
hidden_reward_incident_fallen_tree_1x1
hidden_reward_incident_fallen_tree_2x2
hidden_reward_incident_fisherman
hidden_reward_incident_floating_chest
hidden_reward_incident_flotsam
hidden_reward_incident_fruit_vendor
hidden_reward_incident_kite
hidden_reward_incident_mammoth_bones
hidden_reward_incident_musician
hidden_reward_incident_overgrowth
hidden_reward_incident_pothole_1x1
hidden_reward_incident_pothole_2x2
hidden_reward_incident_rhino
hidden_reward_incident_sculptor
hidden_reward_incident_shipwreck
hidden_reward_incident_sos
hidden_reward_incident_statue
hidden_reward_incident_stick_hut
hidden_reward_incident_treasure_chest
hidden_reward_incident_wine_cask
hidden_reward_spring_cherry_tree

DeletedUser7779

Just collected my 5 for the day (4 x supplies and 1 motivation kit). Needed a few mins to find them but guess it will get easier in a few days when we know what to look for.
I agree though that the incidents in the wilderness are little hard to spot (maybe increase contrast or change the colors), those in the ocean and on the beach are fine.

Unlike the suggestions above, i surely don't wanna see any indicator about how many uncollected incidents are left, the game is way too overloaded anyhow and i'd prefer to reduce the unnecessary info as much as possible.
Just look for the incidents once a day shortly before they reset to make sure all 5 are there. If less than 5 then you just didn't get all 5 today. No need for more icons or whatsoever

Andi47

Overlord
hidden_reward_incident_beehive
hidden_reward_incident_blocked_road_1x1
hidden_reward_incident_blocked_road_2x2
hidden_reward_incident_broken_cart
hidden_reward_incident_castaway
hidden_reward_incident_clothesline
hidden_reward_incident_crates
hidden_reward_incident_dinosaur_bones
hidden_reward_incident_fallen_tree_1x1
hidden_reward_incident_fallen_tree_2x2
hidden_reward_incident_fisherman
hidden_reward_incident_floating_chest
hidden_reward_incident_flotsam
hidden_reward_incident_fruit_vendor
hidden_reward_incident_kite
hidden_reward_incident_mammoth_bones
hidden_reward_incident_musician
hidden_reward_incident_overgrowth
hidden_reward_incident_pothole_1x1
hidden_reward_incident_pothole_2x2
hidden_reward_incident_rhino
hidden_reward_incident_sculptor
hidden_reward_incident_shipwreck
hidden_reward_incident_sos
hidden_reward_incident_statue
hidden_reward_incident_stick_hut
hidden_reward_incident_treasure_chest
hidden_reward_incident_wine_cask
hidden_reward_spring_cherry_tree

would be nice to have images of all these - and a statement of Inno for each, whether it is common, uncommon or rare.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
4 incidents found when i first went looking today (iron age):

15 coins (this could use some increase - even for iron age this is less than a third of what i get for aiding 1 person - perhaps adding a couple zeros it'd be fine)
3 medals x 2 (also less than impressive but consistent with most medal rewards - which is to say much worse than the good sources of medals)
2 FP (seems fair)

Overall I think the feature could add some nice flavor to the game - i think it's important the rewards aren't so good people feel compelled to hunt nonstop, but hopefully overall enough that when you do find one it's a pleasant surprise.

edit: just found the 5th, random blueprint (seems fine)

DeletedUser5429

Just look for the incidents once a day shortly before they reset to make sure all 5 are there. If less than 5 then you just didn't get all 5 today. No need for more icons or whatsoever
You may have between 1 and 5 incidents per day.
So, when having not collected 5 incidents, you can't know if you got all incidents for the current day or forgot some. Hence the suggestion for an indicator (like in GE, for example).

DeletedUser7779

So, when having not collected 5 incidents, you can't know if you got all incidents for the current day or forgot some. Hence the suggestion for an indicator (like in GE, for example).
Yes, I meant collect incidents shorty before they reset (i.e. shortly before the 24 hrs are up - which idk yet when exactly that is - @Zarok Dai could you pls provide some info on this?) That way we only need to look once a day. Would be easier with an indicator for sure, I'm just concerned that it might overload the game, it's lagging and freezing too much already.

Pafton

Viceroy
I don't know whether anyone bothered to ask this, but:

Are the rewards of incidents age- dependent or do they remain static whether we are in BA or OF?

DeletedUser

Actually currently it can be 0-5, so it is possible to get none in a day.

shortly before the 24 hrs are up - which idk yet when exactly that is

The 24 hours starts from the moment the incident spawns in or around your city.

Are the rewards of incidents age- dependent or do they remain static

If the reward is resource based they are age dependent. For example the amount of medals/coins/supplies would be higher in higher ages.

Just on incident today, will the 4 others come later ?

There is no set number of incidents you will receive each day. it will constantly vary. Currently it can be from 0-5 per day, but I have asked if the minimum could be set to 1 instead of zero.

Some questions:

1.) Is it necessary to have city animations on when I want to see incidenc which happen in the city (such as a blocked road)?
2.) can blocked roads (or similar) also happen on one-lane roads?
3.) are there incidents happening on/in the city buildings (such as a deco, production building, etc.)?
4.) When I see an incident - is there any possibility to see whether it is common, uncommon or rare? (there is no such thing as a tooltip, which would say this and possibly tell a short background story about the incident)

1- You do not need animations on to see incidents, only to see the result of an incident (for example a traffic jam)
2- As far as I know it can happen on any road, 1x1 or 2x2
3- I don't think they will ever occur within or on any existing building
4- Currently no, unless you recognize the incident and already know it's rarity. I will ask if tool tips are an option

Was it programmed in such a way that the incidents will at least not be completely hidden by buildings?

We are currently discussing the visibility of incidents behind tall buildings.

DeletedUser7473

Technically it can happen on waterways, but I am not saying it makes sense :D

It is not just possible for it to happen, it actually does happen.
As I had written before I had one incident on a two-lane waterway of OF today.

DeletedUser5526

would be nice to have images of all these - and a statement of Inno for each, whether it is common, uncommon or rare.
Sorry don't have a way to read atf files myself... I tried with a viewer but it didn't work. If someone has an idea... (or photoshop!)