• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8262

Like it ... struggled to find the 5th as it was under the avatar bar, other than that, great

DeletedUser4285

Question ↓

The answer ↓

Translated with a translator :
Hello
So the worry is that I have in all my cities as well as the beta test animation activated, but I never had traffic, so difficult to have a traffic jam.

Message originale en Français :
Bonjour
Alors le souci c’est que j’ai dans toutes mes villes ainsi que que la bêta test l’animation d’activée, mais je n’ai jamais eu de trafic, donc difficile d’avoir un embouteillage.

--------------------------------------------

Edit :
What I found in my city today :

Pretty much the stuff I found too.

DeletedUser5097

They block traffic on the road, they do not disconnect buildings from the road, so they won't hinder any productions.
Thanks for the explenation. I'm sorry for my mis understanding, I was thinking if the trafic
was stopt by this, the production buildings would be unaible to work properly. I'm glad that
this is not the case, thanks. So long productions don't get trouble with it, I'm fine with this
new update.:)
Daily 5 times free loot sounds okay. Got 900 medailles from a uncomon and 150 from
a common today (Oceanic Future), not bad. Also 5 free goodies and 2 fp's and some
coins, not a bad start so far.
Question ↓

The answer ↓

Translated with a translator :
Hello
So the worry is that I have in all my cities as well as the beta test animation activated, but I never had traffic, so difficult to have a traffic jam.

Message originale en Français :
Bonjour
Alors le souci c’est que j’ai dans toutes mes villes ainsi que que la bêta test l’animation d’activée, mais je n’ai jamais eu de trafic, donc difficile d’avoir un embouteillage.

--------------------------------------------

Edit :
What I found in my city today :
I did have the same, Both are realistic, but a wooden wreck in the Oceanic
Future? Lol seems to be a very old ghost ship (abbondon ship) that hit
the shore. Not sure what the camps and crates are...
Zarok Dai: Weren't animals by the hundreds taken on rafts and boats from the inner parts of Africa to Europe and beyond in the 1800's?

I would like to see the crazy man who transport this animal (from Africa to Europe) on this type of boat without any safety against the animal or ocean weather and without any supplies, food, water, ...

Change the boat or the animal. If you won´t make it, players would think you are pulling them out again :)
Me too, many even died with a big ship thanks to the leak of wind. Maybe I know what did happens,
even while it's still grazy. Maybe the ship was taken by a storm on the North Sea (believe me, that sea
is a grazy place on sea where terrible storms are comon) and the ship sunk. The poor rhino was one
of the only survivers and can only hopes that the floating raft will hold long enough untill some one
safes him. Even this sounds grazy, but possible. I'm not sure or this is the background story of the
poor rhino or...

DeletedUser8150

Seeing as this is an optional feature it wouldn't make sense to put a penalty on players no matter where the incident is in or around your city, imo..

Thats fine for outside the city. But if inno 'breaks' your road network with an incident there ought to be a consequence. That or not have road blockages as an incident. Free flow of traffic (ie connected roads) is otherwise required for the city to function

DeletedUser7869

Thats fine for outside the city. But if inno 'breaks' your road network with an incident there ought to be a consequence. That or not have road blockages as an incident. Free flow of traffic (ie connected roads) is otherwise required for the city to function
Not exactly, the flow of traffic does not play a role in the game other then aesthetics. Hence why you are able to turn off animation without hindering your game play. And they aren't 'breaking' your road network they are simply interacting with the aesthetics of the game to add a new dimension of play, one that does not interfere with your current buildings: ie a tree on the road will not stop production times.

At least that is my take on things. But I am one that plays with animations off, thinks the Rhino on a boat is funny, and I’m not taking the addition of the incidents too seriously, but seeing them as another way to get a few free things each day. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Keritan

Squire
Any indication of when this will make it to live?

If this is going to be visible on Mobile, then many will like it since can't get the treasure search on mobile.

With 5 a day, you will not spend hours scouring the wilderness, just need to look a couple times a day since they will last 24 hr before disappearing.

A fun addition. Thank you!

DeletedUser6242

I LOVE FORGE of EMPIRES : really I DO but there are TOO MANY things like this new incidents going on and diverting the attention of players FROM FORGE as I thought it was intended : I do not like treasure hunt either as that is just another distraction : ( Stick with working the game and building the ERAS , working within what was Originally the intention to "FORGE an EMPIRE" enough with the time consuming distractions : ( PLEASE : (

DeletedUser5980

Yesterday I found 5 incidents, I thought a new day bring new incidents, correct me if I am wrong or will new incidents appear 24hrs after you found the last one?

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Yesterday I found 5 incidents, I thought a new day bring new incidents, correct me if I am wrong or will new incidents appear 24hrs after you found the last one?
As the announcement says, you can get up to 5 incidents every new day. This does not mean you will necessarily get 5 every day, and they can appear at any point during the day. They're not static/predictable, they just happen. :)

DeletedUser5980

As the announcement says, you can get up to 5 incidents every new day. This does not mean you will necessarily get 5 every day, and they can appear at any point during the day. They're not static/predictable, they just happen. :)

I understand i won't get 5 incident daily. But I have no incidents at all and 2 other guild members also didn't found any incidents, There was no reply from other guildmembers if they found any (still early).

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I understand i won't get 5 incident daily. But I have no incidents at all and 2 other guild members also didn't found any incidents, There was no reply from other guildmembers if they found any (still early).
I've found 2 so far today, so they are there. :) But if you get some they can appear at any point through the day, so it's perfectly normal to not find anything in the morning.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Collected my 5 yesterday and 1 so far today! Easy enough to spot in the wilderness but I only managed to collect one hidden in the city by pure luck when collecting city productions so I would suggest it was hidden behind buildings and will be similarly extremely difficult to locate in future.

DeletedUser8126

I found 6 Incidents this morning instead of 5 , as the announcement said one can obtain up to 5 per 24 hours !

DeletedUser7473

One question to the admins:

Was it programmed in such a way that the incidents will at least not be completely hidden by buildings?
For example if a road passes by behind a high building and a incident appears there the player would be unable to see it.
It also could happen with incidents happening directly above the city and being blocked from view by high buildings there.

As for the road work one, many roads in my main city are unable to be seen through the buildings, will there be some other way to tell they are there? And what about for OF water roads?

I just had an incident on my waterway of OF.
There seemed to be something like a dark crack placed over the road as if it had broken - I didn't watch it closely as I was zoomed out and it was partly blocked from view by one of my goods buildings.
Seems like Inno didn't regard the fact that a leak in a waterway would cause all the water from the connected waterways to spill out from there.

Last edited by a moderator: