• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

ZENA

Marquis
other idea
what about there is a question mark top of it like the starts u get form motivated
or a small icon in the right side of screen
where it show u 16/ 20
so as u found it it count it down
and when more apeer the count go up
the 1st section is for what u found
the send section for the incedents in the city active

DeletedUser8150

@Zarok Dai

I second the remarks about animations off players. Plenty of people either find it less laggy on low end PCs or just find the animations make cities too 'busy' and distracting to keep it on. Either way they shouldn't be disadvantaged.

Not sure if a GE like notification about an 'incident' solves some of the issues of fruitless searching or if its better to give no help. After all its purely optional not essential to the main gameplay.

I feel that if your road is blocked and you do nothing before you collect there perhaps ought to be a penalty. Not a disconnection as that's too severe. What about losing the GB Coin/supplies bonus on the building?

Btw...whats all the hate for the rhino - it looks great! Bit life of Pi.

DeletedUser7566

Fun. I found 3 right away. I like this one and am looking forward to seeing other incidents.

DeletedUser7869

After all its purely optional not essential to the main gameplay.

I feel that if your road is blocked and you do nothing before you collect there perhaps ought to be a penalty. Not a disconnection as that's too severe. What about losing the GB Coin/supplies bonus on the building?
Seeing as this is an optional feature it wouldn't make sense to put a penalty on players no matter where the incident is in or around your city, imo.

So far I've found 4 "common" camps (small and hard to notice right away but I play without animation so not sure if they would stand out more with animation on) that gave low amounts of coins or supplies and also a ship wreck which gave a BP.

kreja

Merchant
other idea
what about there is a question mark top of it like the starts u get form motivated
or a small icon in the right side of screen
where it show u 16/ 20
so as u found it it count it down
and when more apeer the count go up
the 1st section is for what u found
the send section for the incedents in the city active

Agree...!!
It'll take time to scan the entire map... and I shall not lose hours searching for non existing incidents...!!

DeletedUser5429

Mildly amusing.
- you don't know if you have incidents or not.
Proposal: an indicator would prevent spending minutes several times a day looking everywhere for nothing
- the incidents are "hard" to find.
Proposal: they should be more apparent.
- the rewards seem to be poor (something like 1800 coins or 180 medals at OF)
- if must work with city animations turned off

This "feature" can be funny for some people. Those who don't find it funny will just ignore it.

DeletedUser7938

How do I find theroad block woken more then 50% of my roads are blocked by buildings and I can't rotate my city?

Also it is said they will create traffic jams, even withanimations on, my streets often have no traffic, I have gone over a day not seeing anyone walk on the streets.

Achaeus

Marquis
So I have managed to find all 5 Incidents for the day, and collected 4 FP's, some supplies and coins. It took about 5 minutes to search my city and wilderness. If I were doing that just once a day it would be an OK waste of my time, but I am not sure I would go out and search every time I log in. As noted above there needs to be some indicator that an incident has occurred to encourage me to spend time searching for it. Also the one incident that was located on my city streets was not obvious and since there is only foot traffic the people were no where near it to indicate a blockage. Additionally it was mostly hidden behind a building ... had I not been moving my buildings out of the way to look I would not have found it.
So I can see this being rather frustrating for individuals with vision problems, and of course for players who do not want their animations on. I can appreciate the need to work for the reward by searching for, and the ones in the wilderness rely on the player recognizing a discrepancy in the landscape or finding something that does not belong, which I rather enjoy.
Overall it is like a new hunter feature which is OK, but it does need a bit of tweaking to truly make it worth the effort to search.
Finally I like the rhino!
Save the Rhino!

P.S. Maybe a building outline feature that can be turned on/off would be helpful? It would also help when reorganizing your city and laying new roads!

AngryOGITH

Farmer
Great idea.
But what is this?

As ncshsg wrote, rhino on a boat is not historical or daily life event, the others are. This looks like fantasy from Elvenar. And I do not like unreal things in so real simulation like this game is :)

What about crashed boat on some stones in water?

incident_rhino1.png
This Reminds me of that Movie' Life of PI :)

DeletedUser3540

Zarok Dai: Weren't animals by the hundreds taken on rafts and boats from the inner parts of Africa to Europe and beyond in the 1800's?

I would like to see the crazy man who transport this animal (from Africa to Europe) on this type of boat without any safety against the animal or ocean weather and without any supplies, food, water, ...

Change the boat or the animal. If you won´t make it, players would think you are pulling them out again :)

Irella

Merchant
Question ↓
As for the road work one, many roads in my main city are unable to be seen through the buildings, will there be some other way to tell they are there? And what about for OF water roads?
The answer ↓
They will cause traffic jams which should be visible even with obstructions to your view from buildings.
Also, if you logoff, and then back in, the position of an incident already there can change.

Translated with a translator :
Hello
So the worry is that I have in all my cities as well as the beta test animation activated, but I never had traffic, so difficult to have a traffic jam.

Message originale en Français :
Bonjour
Alors le souci c’est que j’ai dans toutes mes villes ainsi que que la bêta test l’animation d’activée, mais je n’ai jamais eu de trafic, donc difficile d’avoir un embouteillage.

--------------------------------------------

Edit :
What I found in my city today :

Last edited:

DeletedUser6484

I found 5 in the wilderness, on beach and in ocean - none on roads yet. Received BP, coins, supplies, 2FP, 2FP. Seems to work with no problems or bugs. Not sure why anyone is complaining. You get free stuff for doing nothing but clicking on it. If you don't want the freebies, don't mess with it. It won't hurt you if you just let them expire. I'm sure there are a lot of players that will appreciate the free goodies. Thanks

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Good idea
It reminds me my favorite egg event
The only problem is the roads
In large buildings they are not visible all the roads

DeletedUser8277

I had 5 incidents in my city and I think my initial concern when hunting for them earlier was not entirely correct. Now that I have seen them they are much larger than the apples/tickets so you wouldn't need to crawl around nearly as much and the ones I saw can easily be seen from a zoomed out browser. Here you can see my tiny BA village compared to the incidents.
incidents.jpg
The 5th was cut off in the picture. Each hilighted when hovered over so you could find it by waving a mouse around if you wanted to. I did not notice any way to tell the rarity unless we just eventually learn what each incident means.

The rewards I received were:
10 Goods
2 FP
2 Medals (bronze age)
2 FP
2 Medals (again, bronze)

Those are certainly better rewards than I would have expected. I do think an indicator might be a good idea but there's much less eye strain when the incidents are there than when I was looking for them earlier.

I like this addition and think it's easy enough to ignore for ones who may not.

They will cause traffic jams which should be visible even with obstructions to your view from buildings.
Also, if you logoff, and then back in, the position of an incident already there can change.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

DeletedUser7780

I think this is great. It doesn't take but a few minutes to look, if you don't want to bother with it then don't they will expire, but for those that like to do this it will be fun & you can get a little free stuff just for looking & clicking.

DeletedUser5933

I enjoy these incidents, I like the idea and I founded all five incidents today in a few minutes
thank you very much :)