• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

RKinG

Squire
What are the exact areas to help us with the test ?

I love adding, but there are already a lot of actions on this game.
I play beta + 3 worlds
And it begins to have too

Andi47

Overlord
@Zarok Dai pls feed back to devs - city animations recently got turned on for all cities. I'm really not happy about that. why? because I consider it a spoiler. I have been playing for more than a year, and look forward to seeing the animations when I get to a new age. now I see all the animations in ages above me when I visit other cities. such a disappointment

I don't know the reason why, though it may have been to feature and test the incidents fully here on Beta.

This happened a few weeks ago when some changes to the city options panel have been done. I turned them off again immediately to keep the game playable (I don't have a high-end supercomputer).

Concerning finding citybound incidents (like blocked roads) by seing traffic jams: Inno should do at least one of these things:
* make such incidents visible even with animations turned off, and even if they are behind a large building
* Maybe - some kind of "static" traffic jam, which is also visible when city animations are off?
** if not possible: remove such incidents
* or even better: Do some work on game performance, memory usage (FoE eats up memory like a hungry tyrannosaur) - and... PLEASE port FoE (including GvG, etc.) to another platform such as HTML (not this crappy, outdated and vulnerable flash!!)!!

miSc

Steward
A feature much like Treasure hunt, mostly interesting to new/small players.
If they aim to catch us all, you must adjust the prizes acording to the level of the player.

Say you have 50 million coin, and an output of 100+ FPs a day, you won't care much to go collect "incidents" around the map awarding you 1000 coins. I get more in return, by aiding all my neighbours. In my main world, I am way over 1 billion coins saved up.
I won't be wasting time searching my city for scraps... sorry :)

LadyHecate

Marquis
When Incidents were hinted at before release I had hoped for something a little more challenging than a point and collect action! The camps in the wilderness could have been merchants requiring a goods exchange or a small band of mercenaries necessitating a combat encounter in order to achieve the reward.
However, with zero Instances yesterday and zero today I'm already giving up constantly looking for them; and I'm one of those "newer/smaller" players that would have appreciated the rewards.

DeletedUser7942

I guess it's okay, I doubt I'll ever be doing it but I fear for those with OCD, my god they'll be searching all day wondering when an incident will pop.

DeletedUser7942

When Incidents were hinted at before release I had hoped for something a little more challenging than a point and collect action! The camps in the wilderness could have been merchants requiring a goods exchange or a small band of mercenaries necessitating a combat encounter in order to achieve the reward.
However, with zero Instances yesterday and zero today I'm already giving up constantly looking for them; and I'm one of those "newer/smaller" players that would have appreciated the rewards.
I thought bandits or something were coming to raid our cities and we would have to fight them off, o'well.

DeletedUser7942

Next feature, challenge to fight anyone on your world anytime live action combat in an arena for prizes or even gamble your own stuff and allow others to observe, now that's fun and lively.

DeletedUser7779

Next feature, challenge to fight anyone on your world anytime live action combat in an arena for prizes or even gamble your own stuff and allow others to observe, now that's fun and lively.
Lol live combat battles would be too good to be true, but I agree with your point that those incidents are just boring/not challenging (like treasure hunt). At least in GE we get rewards for some effort we put into fighting/negotiating which is fun. Now we're getting free rewards for staring at our city. I don't mind it really, and i probably won't bother searching for incidents on live servers, but is that really what this game is about? Getting bonuses for doing nothing? So a big no from me to the suggestion about incidents giving only diamonds, goods and fps - at least not for free. Make us fight a random army from current age to open an incident (oh well or negotiate), increase the rewards, then it might be a little more fun ;)

DeletedUser8150

I thought bandits or something were coming to raid our cities and we would have to fight them off, o'well.

Agreed. I don't mind for the low end prizes but can't we make the top prizes like GE. You have to fight or negotiate to win them. Even better if you have just one try. After all lets not make a free prize too easy :)

DeletedUser8199

This seemed likely to be fun feature to me the day it came out - I got 4 fp, some medals, goods.

2 days on from that now - I've found one more incident since and have spent time I'll never get back looking for them.

I won't be hunting around in the wilderness fruitlessly again.

DeletedUser7980

The first day I found 5 around my city. Yesterday and today I have not found any.

So I'm wondering if it has something to do with me logging on each day on my phone first and then on my computer? The first day my first log on was on the computer. If this is the case, then it need to be fixed or it is a waste of time looking for something that is not here.

DeletedUser8134

I like the idea, something new to look for. A few points others have probably mentioned. Some type of indicator that there are incidents would be great, like some of the other icons on the left or right of the screen. I'd love to see some explanation of what the event is, a pop up with an explanation or something. I agree the issue of incidents in the city seems problematic since the buildings are so tall.

BestWarrior

Baronet
The first day I found 5 around my city. Yesterday and today I have not found any.

So I'm wondering if it has something to do with me logging on each day on my phone first and then on my computer? The first day my first log on was on the computer. If this is the case, then it need to be fixed or it is a waste of time looking for something that is not here.
For me almost the same, 4 in the 1st day, 1 yesterday and today till now, nothing...

Idea good, transformation bad.... Like many stated before, I miss any hint for the number of incidents. Some places both inside and outside are not visible. You need to move the bigger buildings.

First day I received some 5 incidents, yesterday 2, today none. Question: When do the 24hrs start and end in order to enabling valid testing results.

Got the impression that after all kind of incidents appeared once no more will pop up

Irella

Merchant

Translated from French via a translator :

Same ... I had 2 incidents on the first day and it's been 2 days since I have nothing in my city and I'm playing on a fixed PC mainly.

At this level it is no longer bad luck but the absence of incidents :)

----------------------------------
Message d'origine en français :

Idem... J'ai eu 2 incidents le premier jour et cela fait 2 jours que je n'ai rien dans ma ville et je joue sur un PC Fixe principalement.

A ce niveau ce n'est plus de la malchance mais de l’inexistence d'incidents :)

DeletedUser8199

A discussion in my guild has revealed 5 posters on the trot who are no longer bothering to look. I am not alone.

Fruitlessly looking for something that's not there is not fun I'm afraid.