• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Great Buildings Level Up Window

qaccy

Emperor
I literally don't understand anybodys argument against being able to customize how many FP they want to donate. It just sounds to me as if you guys want big donators to suffer for some insane selfish reason, and don't want the game to better for everyone to play. There is literally zero downside to this idea, except I guess players being happy.

Being willfully ignorant of the downsides doesn't mean there aren't any. The ones complaining that it takes 'too long' to donate to a GB without this magical button are the ones who don't realize how rewarding it can be. As I said, if you think it takes too long then you can simply not do it. There are plenty of others willing to do so. Go play Cookie Clicker or something if you want a game that plays itself after only a few clicks.

DeletedUser7942

I literally don't understand anybodys argument against being able to customize how many FP they want to donate. It just sounds to me as if you guys want big donators to suffer for some insane selfish reason, and don't want the game to better for everyone to play. There is literally zero downside to this idea, except I guess players being happy.

I don't consent to being subject to your masochism. Aid-all button, please!
Spend enough time on the internet and you'll find people will argue the opposite of anything just to argue it for no purpose other than to argue it. There's a word for it, Eristic.
https://www.ted.com/talks/daniel_h_cohen_for_argument_s_sake

Also, a special mention to two pieces of feedback that we've received and will keep in mind, but currently have no immediate plans for:
  • "An option to define a custom amount of Forge Points to contribute": This would be a fundamental change to how contributions work, and we've seen arguments for both sides.
This does not mean it may never happen, but it is not being considered for implementation at this time.

Yes, but why can it not been implemented? Especially if it's the most intuitive and efficient method? It's been a long time for this to be considered and I'm sure it was considered by devs/designers/management but them saying "This would be a fundamental change to how contributions work" is vague and doesn't really provide an answer. I mean this was being asked for during the development of the New GB interface which is a fundamental change anyway, working the option to add any amount of fp's into that doesn't seem to me to stray too far from what was already being changed and no different than what we already do for goods trading. I simply just can't understand the reasoning for not implementing it.

SirSmithy

Squire
Spend enough time on the internet and you'll find people will argue the opposite of anything just to argue it for no purpose other than to argue it. There's a word for it, Eristic.
https://www.ted.com/talks/daniel_h_cohen_for_argument_s_sake

Yes, but why can it not been implemented? Especially if it's the most intuitive and efficient method? It's been a long time for this to be considered and I'm sure it was considered by devs/designers/management but them saying "This would be a fundamental change to how contributions work" is vague and doesn't really provide an answer. I mean this was being asked for during the development of the New GB interface which is a fundamental change anyway, working the option to add any amount of fp's into that doesn't seem to me to stray too far from what was already being changed and no different than what we already do for goods trading. I simply just can't understand the reasoning for not implementing it.

One more person who skipped the reading lessons in the school.
Just scroll back and read the comments about the disadvantage of your suggestion.

Andi47

Overlord
Wednesday's update seems to have broken the FP bar (and some other FP-related functions) completely. Should be REVERTED.

Achaeus

Marquis
This is poorly not a bug, this is the intended behavior of this new GB screen. Many of us wrote complaints about this terrible method since january when some players irst got this screen but the devs didn't care about our feedback. To ve honest they did no changes to this screen while there was a 6 months long test period until now. Bad joke...

I believe a similar window has been released on the Live UK server and some of the changes suggested here earlier in the year were implemented ... at least if you look at the screen shots it looks like they were. I can understand needing a larger sample set to determine how FP's are used and which screen might be better in the long run. Statistical processes require testing and data collection, it is a fact we simply need to live with. Just be happy you are not being shocked or given a cookie every time you donate a FP :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Inconvenient for my eyes, blurred text 'cause it is too tiny, and not intuitive to use.
I realize I am not blessed with the best eyes though.
That first tab contains completely non information if you ask me and was way better displayed before: nice and tidy in one screen.

DeletedUser7503

this is just more crap using this new screen to try and trick people into spending diamonds ........... scumbagssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-07-17 - replaced inappropriate word.

Last edited by a moderator:

OlifaNT

Merchant
Sigh.... When you have 7fp in the bar and you need to dump 380fp for example, this is what happens (I am not even making this stuff up, it just happened).

1. I click on the 10fp button. It eats the 7fp from my bar, takes 2 2fp packs, puts 1fp in my bar.
2. I click on the 10fp butten. It eats 2 2fp packs and 1 5fp pack and 1 from my bar.
3. It uses 36 10fp packs.

You have to be a complete fool to make this up, but it is real!

Please do NOT introduce this *BUG* on our mains!!!!

DeletedUser7942

One more person who skipped the reading lessons in the school.
Just scroll back and read the comments about the disadvantage of your suggestion.
Bah, I've read all the comments and BetaTest03 has been the voice of reason for having the option to enter how ever many fp's you want. Your concern seems to be with a recurring quest though I'm not certain which one that is and why it can't be done with this option. One other thing that comes is the "what if two player" scenario which was answered. The cm's seems to kind of be guessing on their replies to such a thing, not really agreeing with each other, one saying it could be hard to do, the other saying it may not be what inno wants to do. The latest response is vague as well "This would be a fundamental change to how contributions work", what, they haven't been changing the fp bar, packs and GB window this last 6+ months?, only with this suggestion comes change? There's no clear cut answer from Inno as to why this couldn't be implemented, the "it could be difficult" type response doesn't wash cuz this is over 6 months of development already. The "it's a change" doesn't wash because lots of stuff related has already changed. I would simply be satisfied if they just would say "meh, we no like that", fine, it's their game and they can do what they want, I'll live.

And I actually agree with you, get rid of packs altogether and call them "Bank" fp's or "Bar" fp's whichever Inno decides should go where, this seems to be the direction they want to go anyway and would fit very well with the new GB interface if we had the option to enter the amount we like, none of this silly 1,5,10,20,50,100,200,500,1000,10000 orange button pack nonsense.

[Feedback] New GB contribution window

[Feedback] Great Buildings Level Up Window

New GB window - Full Release

Last edited by a moderator:

podkap1970

Emperor
Please do NOT introduce this *BUG* on our mains!!!!
it is already on the .en servers :)

the new GB UI have many bugs,
one of them is, which adds one FP and erase one FP to your FP-bar, everytime you do something ingame (aid, visit a tavern, trade), the FP timer do reset
i lose around 12 FPs everyday through this, because the timer do reset, and no a reload does not help

a fix for this would be really nice

do you guys had this bug before everyone got this new UI ?, i hope not (for the Inno guys) :)

DeletedUser8071

Summary of the 'custom FP amount' argument: Wanting more rewards from a Chateau that somebody's worked to level (to actually utilize the bonus) vs. wanting to move one step closer to having the game open as little as possible.

You can probably tell which side I'm on. If you don't want to put in effort to get something, then simply pass on it - there are others who do. Yes, it takes time to donate a large amount of FP to a high-level GB. But if you look at the game as a whole, is time not one of the most important resources? If you feel like it takes too long, simply don't do it and leave it for the ones willing to do so. Don't complain about it being 'too hard' or taking 'too long' and completely kill some players' method of playing this aspect of the game to support your own lazier playstyle.

I agree with you about must of what you said. A lot of people are very lazy or don't have the time to do all that is required to make the most of the gbs and quest. I run quest on every gb that i put fp unless its a gb that has open season written all over it. Thats where the problem starts. One can not quest without a great risk of getting blown away the lazy guy. Sometimes i put down 140 fp (OF) and get coin (enough to finish the coin quest) then I get supply from the coin quest (enough to finish the supply quest). During this time, someone has put 400-500fp on the gb. That is enough stress to make you want to stop questing. For me its not about making the game easier but more increasing game flow so that when I spend all my time questing and spending fp (clicking my life away) it smooth and too the point.

OlifaNT

Merchant
DO NOT INTRODUCE THIS BUG ON OUR MAINS!

Everytime I fulfill a mission my fp bar gets reset at 59:59!!! Stop this madness!!

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I noticed today that my FP-bar timer was reset every time I logged in... however this turned out to be a visual error.

Can anyone else confirm more of such issues being visual errors?

podkap1970

Emperor
i don't even get FPs in my bar when i'm logged out, today morning i logged in, i had 1 FP in my bar, and the timer did reset (even i did a relog)

so i lose 24 FPs everyday of this new GB UI feature :)

DeletedUser8358

I really hate this new gb window. Takes longer to donate fp's. I have to wait for it to light up every time I donate 1 fp. Before I could keep donating and it would just catch up. I would like to see a 5 fp button as well as the 10. It all should come from bar first then start using packs stored.

DeletedUser5429

seems like you didn't see the best recurring quest of all: have less than 42 population ;)
For information, this quest is probably the worst one: when you get it and you fulfill it, the quest transforms into "have more than 20 000 population".
And of course, when you have the 20 000 population and you fulfill it, it transforms into "have less than 42 population".
o_O

DeletedUser3741

For information, this quest is probably the worst one: when you get it and you fulfill it, the quest transforms into "have more than 20 000 population".
And of course, when you have the 20 000 population and you fulfill it, it transforms into "have less than 42 population".
o_O

Thats the best ever quest if you manage to find the right way to bypass the 20 000 population quest ;)

DeletedUser5641

Thats the best ever quest if you manage to find the right way to bypass the 20 000 population quest ;)
where is the threshold to get the 20000 pop quest? any number below 20000? the 42 pop quest only appears if you have more than 1000 population

o_O
wrong