• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Great Buildings Level Up Window

DeletedUser7059

Emperor123: Deffinetly hope not! ;)
it annoy my rivals in inveting FP, that they must click by 10FP and it take some time. If everyone can spend all their FP packs by 3 clicks, there will be more investors, more copetition.
So i am hapy how it is now, no more is needed.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7059

ok, let say there will be maximum 2 packs at 1 click - that is 1/2 spend time less... And that is still too mutch be me.;)

DeletedUser7265

ok, let say there will be maximum 2 packs at 1 click - that is 1/2 spend time less... And that is still too mutch be me.;)
Ah now, you got me wrong: THe middle field is the number of FP (not packs) you spend. So if you make a maximum of 10, it's the same like now.

DeletedUser7961

I got the new window yesterday on the live server and would like to give you my feedback.

It is now way faster to spend FP and I love it. No issues there.

I however do not like how my FP packages are used. Let's say I want to spend 181 FP, which is 90% arc bonus of 95 FP. I currently do not have 2 FP or 5 FP packages so after having spent 180 FP I still have to spend 1 FP. The current system takes my 10 FP package, spends 1 FP into the GB and leaves me with 9 FP in the bar.
Why does it put 9 FP into my bar? It makes no sense because in order to convert those 9 FP into packages again I have to find a GB for those and the same issue will happen there. The current system makes me lose FP over a long period of time.

Proposed solution: Remove FP packages and introduce a new system that only cares about the total amount of FP you have. Want to spend 181 FP out of your 1k FP you have in your inventory? Great, you now have 1000-181 = 819 FP left. Nothing gets added into your FP bar and everyone is happy.

Regarding the 5 FP package reward. It can be changed to increase your FP inventory by 5.

DeletedUser

How would we remove 181 FP's from your inventory when there are no 1 FP packs? If you had a 2-point FP pack it would have taken the 1 from that and left 1 in the bar. but if you only had a 10-point pack then it had to take 1 and leave 9 in the bar.

DeletedUser7961

How would we remove 181 FP's from your inventory when there are no 1 FP packs? If you had a 2-point FP pack it would have taken the 1 from that and left 1 in the bar. but if you only had a 10-point pack then it had to take 1 and leave 9 in the bar.

By removing the concept of packs entirely. If packs didn't exist and you only had a number of your total FP in your inventory to work with, then nothing has to be added to your FP bar when spending FP. I know I am asking for a lot here because Forge of Empires has had FP packs since the beginning but with the new Spending system it would be a huge improvement. As I have already said earlier I really love the fact that it's now possible to spend a huge amount of FP in a short amount of time but the issue I am trying to describe should be fixed.

The current system makes me only want to spend a certain amount of FP, multiples of 10. Let's take the example I have used in my previous post. I'd much rather spend 180 FP as opposed to 181 FP because no FP gets added to the bar. I am just saying that when wanting to spend 1 FP and you have no 2 FP and 5 FP packages left, which is often now because they get used up very fast with the new system, why do I get 9 FP in my bar? In order to convert them back to packages I have to wait and find a new GB to spend them on and the same problem can occur there as well.

If however you abolished the package system as described in my previous post, then all of this wouldn't happen. There would be no need to put FP in your bar because no packages have to be split.

You can keep the current window. Nothing has to be changed about it. The only other thing that has to be changed is the package reward from quest. It's an easy change because instead of getting 2,5 or 10 fp in packages those numbers will just be added to your inventory. In an example of 2 FP they will be added to your (example) 1200 FP. You now have 1202 FP total. No packages, just numbers.

Hopefully I have explained myself clearly and something will be done regarding this issue.

RedRed

Viceroy
that would be a nice solution. The easy fix however it is simply to repack what remains after spending 1FP, if possible and only if the bar was empty before clicking the button (that means for every package opened but the one of 2FP; give back two 2FP packages If a 5FP package was opened, one more 5 FP package in case of the package opened is the 10FP one)

DeletedUser

By removing the concept of packs entirely.

Fp packs, and FP's in your bar, are 2 very integral parts of not only the existing game mechanics, but the game design as well. The designers have reasons for there being 2 types of FP's, and where they come from.
While I appreciate your idea, I am not sure this is something that could be realistically done without a considerable amount of effort, and changing some of the overall game mechanics.
I am happy to pass the concept along, I am just not sure it's something we will see anytime in the near future, if at all.

DeletedUser7942

Fp packs, and FP's in your bar, are 2 very integral parts of not only the existing game mechanics, but the game design as well. The designers have reasons for there being 2 types of FP's, and where they come from.
While I appreciate your idea, I am not sure this is something that could be realistically done without a considerable amount of effort, and changing some of the overall game mechanics.
I am happy to pass the concept along, I am just not sure it's something we will see anytime in the near future, if at all.
It seemed for a while there the direction Inno was moving in was the removal of packs altogether. Darkstar mentioned a while back;

...(Also in general on the UI side we think it's more understandable when there's only being one method of storing Forge Points - the Forge Points bar.)...

Of course with big Arc levelers they seem to be at an impasse with that direction because, well, I don't know, can they put 50,000 fp's in the bar?:confused:

I'm not sure what Inno's plans are regarding fp's and I don't think they've ever conveyed it either. Do they want to get rid of packs altogether? It seems if we know that then we can align our thoughts on the matter, otherwise we're just kinda guessing at everything and making recommendations antithetical to what they want.

DeletedUser

I haven't been informed either way. It may happen at some point, I just haven't heard anything about it yet.

DeletedUser7961

Thanks for your answer. I just want to make sure there is no misunderstanding here. I am not saying to remove the concept of being able to store FP in your inventory. Those 2 types of FP should stay. I am only offering a concept of how to improve the "FP pack" part with the new GB window. Before the introduction i have had no problem whatsoever because my FP packs stayed FP packs when spending FP in GB.
I simply don't like the fact that my FP packs get split up in the scenario mentioned in my previous posts.

I agree that my idea takes a lot of work and is probably not the ideal solution to the problem. I just hope something will be done about the "I want to spend 3 FP but I only have 10 FP packages so 3 FP get put into the GB but 7 remain in the FP bar." problem. I'd like the 7 FP to remain as packages.
I like redred's idea that they should somehow be converted back to packages.

Cardena

Squire
Well, just make a 5-FP Button, the problem with the packages is reduced.

If you then introduce the possibility to buy 1 FP with coins from inside the window, that would be great.

(and if I than could see the amount of 2, 5, 10 FP packages in my inventory, we would all understand that the concept of packages is meant to stay, and it would be a good way for us, to decide which button to use, depending on what packages we actually have in the inventory).

podkap1970

Emperor
sorry but there is no need for a 5 FP button, i have more 2 FP and 5 FP packages since i got this new GB window
maybe because i give 330 FP (as example) instead of 329, if its a good friend i give also 330 FP when i have only 328 to give, maybe try that out ? :)

what we really need is a bigger FP donate button as 10, a 25 or 50 FP button is more importent !

DeletedUser8471

That idea sounds nice for more advanced players with high level arcs and chats, but what about players with newer worlds? A 50 fp button would be useless until much later in the game.

What would be a much nicer method is one that was proposed earlier in the thread. One where you can input the number of fps you want to spend, and the game would figure out the best method of using your inventory packs, still using the fp bar first. And having the option of purchasing with coins in the gb interface. It should also have the input box to decide how many you want to buy, with a confirmation window pop up that has an option box to not view that window pop up again. Possibly making the input box have a memory feature so players can do the fp recurring quest without consuming so much time.

This method would allow players from all experience to have an equal footing and could continue to be viable from beginning to end and beyond.

Cardena

Squire
sorry but there is no need for a 5 FP button, i have more 2 FP and 5 FP packages since i got this new GB window
maybe because i give 330 FP (as example) instead of 329, if its a good friend i give also 330 FP when i have only 328 to give, maybe try that out ? :)

what we really need is a bigger FP donate button as 10, a 25 or 50 FP button is more importent !

:rolleyes: Sorry, but when I am reading something like that, I get angry. Are you unable to imagine that there players that do not have as many FP as you?

If you donate 330 - getting let's say 360 back - it is indeed no big issue to put into 3 more FP. But if you will get back only 30 FP than it is a big issue whether you donate 30 or 27 FP.

And without an Arc changes to get 2 FP packages are more than rare. Practically they are noneexistent.

DeletedUser7529

This is big problem with current design. Because there is no 5 FP button game uses 3x 2 FP packages when we want to add 5. When we have any FP on bar and we want to add 10 it clears bar and small packages from inventory. It clears small packages very fast. There is also not possible to buy 1 FP with coins (suggested by many players and ignored by Inno devs).

For big investments system is nice, although it would be even better if extra 50 FP button would be added.
But currently if you want to add small fixed amount ending with 5-9 FPs, ie 15 FP it takes more time than before. Actually its faster to manually open FP bar and buy for coins / open packs there and then click 'add 15 from bar' on GB. Problem is lack of 5 FP button.
Mobile revenge - now browser players need to taste of manually opening packages - open GB, close GB, open FP bar, manually add FP, open GB again, click spend all from bar ;p

DeletedUser8079

I'd like to see 2 changes on mobile:
- Addition of a 5 FP button
- Modification to the layout (remove empty space / compact things a bit) so that at least the top 5 contributors are always visible without scrolling the list. Those funky tower like graphics at each end of the progress bar are not needed. Also for all GBs other than one's own, the empty space where the complete instantly with diamonds button would be could be removed.