• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Great Buildings Level Up Window

DeletedUser8341

when do we get a 50 FP or a 100 FP button please ?

one of this button is really needed
and as longer it takes (to get this button), as more i want the 100 FP button
putting into a GB 3000+ FP is a pain

this would really help, and shorten the time very ...
Why would you want such an array of buttons instead of a simple entry box? You know you are going to put in 187, or 418, or 2394 or whatever so why should we not be able to type in that amount and send it in one go? It could even be rejected if it exceeds the total to level, so giving a measure of safety in case someone has beaten you to it by a millisecond.

I would much prefer a 5 FP button to a 50 or 100.

Without a 5 point button the 5 packs are only getting used to make off numbers or when you run out of 10's and 2's. In order to not waste FP by loading more of a pack then I need I must exit the GB use a 5 pack and reenter each time.
I agree. While a text box offers maximum flexibility throughout the ages and under all circumstances, having 1, 5 and 10 buttons to add to the amounts in the text box would make most donations easier.

DeletedUser7265

Also give up these FP-packs - Make only 1-FP-packs please. It's so annoying to spend 1 FP and you get at least 1 FP in the bar (or 4 or even 9) Give us only 1-FP-packs and THIS problem is solved!

DeletedUser7265

My understanding is mobile players can now beat PC players with PC players having one hand tied behind their back.

A 100 FP button would be you having a GB 2/3rds of the way locked up with no one else on board, collecting your reward and coming back to see someone sniped you and you lost hundreds of FP.

Isn't it a paradox? Yes with mobile you can snipe anybody in almost no time, so why decline us PC-users the same advantage? Only guys who have a mobile device should be able to snipe others or what do you mean?

DeletedUser7529

I would much prefer a 5 FP button to a 50 or 100.
I agree. Currently adding 5 FP (ie GB chains) is real pain - unnecessary extra clicks, many 2 FP packages wasted and you end up with 1 FP on bar... or you need to close GB, open bar, manually add 5 FP from package, close FP bar, open GB again and spend.
But it was raised many times and IG devs seems to ignore players...:(

DeletedUser8277

Isn't it a paradox? Yes with mobile you can snipe anybody in almost no time, so why decline us PC-users the same advantage? Only guys who have a mobile device should be able to snipe others or what do you mean?
Yes I suppose that is true if it is as fast on mobile as I have heard. I suppose my line of thinking, which could be in ignorance, are that mobile players are more casual and not as many of them would be power leveling arcs and dropping thousands of FP to quickly lock spots. So though mobile is faster, there's less FP spending competition amongst those players. I certainly could be mistaken though and if I am I agree with you that browser players shouldn't be losing out to mobile players just because they're playing on browser.

DeletedUser8341

My understanding is mobile players can now beat PC players with PC players having one hand tied behind their back.
I’m not sure this is true.

I am an app player. I use an app called the Puffin Browser to be able to access Forge of Empires through browser when I MUST (such as being able to get to the Winter Event, which is still not on the app despite an app update today) but it is slow, fuzzy and cludgy trying to emulate a mouse (left-click only) using a touch-screen. That said, I don’t see much difference between what the app offers and what the browser offers in this one regard. (There are other differences, such as not being able to see more than three contributors on the app, and not being able to directly message a player from the browser.)
1zdu9t3.jpg

avol5y.jpg

DeletedUser5429

I’m not sure this is true.
This IS true.
On browser you must click on, say, "use 10 FPs", wait, click on "use 10 FPs", wait, etc.
On mobile you just TAP TAP... TAP on "use 10 FPs", and that's it.

Spending 1000 FPs on mobile : 10 seconds at worst.
Spending 1000 FPs on browser : 2 minutes at best.

This IS true.
On browser you must click on, say, "use 10 FPs", wait, click on "use 10 FPs", wait, etc.

Spending 1000 FPs on mobile : 10 seconds at worst.
Spending 1000 FPs on browser : 2 minutes at best.

This slowness is not specific to this window alone. The browser is slow in everything. Not only that, my computer makes sounds like it is gone take off to fly, all fans at maximum, whenever I start the browser version. In my impression the browser version is highly inefficient. I sure hope this will be fixed in the HTML5 rewrite.

DeletedUser8341

Ah, I see, thank you. I had not realised that the browser was programmed to send on every 10FP click. Even more reason, then, to implement a simple text box — on both browser and app — so that we can type in how many we want added and send it in one go.

I sure hope this will be fixed in the HTML5 rewrite.
If HTML5 is the way they are going, I hope they do it right and get rid of the need for the app entirely, so ensuring we are all using the same interface, which adjusts as necessary for screen size.

Keritan

Squire
It has been commented by Admins/Devs/Moderator many times on different threads, including this one I believe. To change the FP system to a "as you put it" simple text box would require a complete re-write of the code that handles FP's. Since FP's are integral to almost every aspect of the game.... this would require a massive re-write of the code for most of the game. In other simpler words, don't count on it.

I would posit that hopefully they take our requests to heart and in coding for the change to HTML5, they also make the FP system to allow a text box.

DeletedUser8341

To change the FP system to a "as you put it" simple text box would require a complete re-write of the code that handles FP's.
Probably much of it, yes, similar to the code changes they made recently on the Army Management screen. Because of the way FPs are handled from the app, I suspect much of the back-end code already exists.

Since FP's are integral to almost every aspect of the game.... this would require a massive re-write of the code for most of the game.
That is nonsense. Code to spend FPs would need adressing, nothing else. Not earning coins, supplies or even FPs. Not fighting or negotiating in GE. Not building layout, not GvG, not quests, not .. etc etc. Just the small amount of code involved in spending FPs.

Keritan

Squire
You can disbelieve me all you want. I am only paraphrasing what Inno has already said a number of times. It would require a huge rewrite of the integral parts of the game. Try reading back through the 4 or 5 threads that have this info in it and learn for yourself.

DeletedUser

good news
they already completely rewriting the complete code

away from flash to html5

so they could easily do a new way of donating for browser

:D

or in other words:
no need to rewrite it now in the flash version
simply concentrate more on the html5

Frankiedk

Squire
Is there ANY way the donation window can accept the Whole Bar button BEFORE, calculating information, like FP in store and who is the current donators? I don't know how many times I've waited for the screen to update, press the button for donating, and still no go, as the button was almost working when i hit it.
In 99 of 100 cases i dont need to know, i just want to unload my current FP.

DeletedUser6178

I may have missed the "suggestion" group/page, but I have a suggestion on an upgrade or new Great Building. There should be a BANK GB. Allows you to store and retrieve FB. Maybe like a Hagia Sophia or St. Marks Basilica upgrade.