• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2022

GateKeeper

Baronet
here's a current board....
View attachment 8444
Now seeing that Row 5 has been a no chest block for 7 columns, no way will I continue hte straight line of using Candles in that row. I will go with Row 4 in this case........lets see.... how lucky I get using candles in Row 4 to try to get the most of the Orb .......
ok I made it 4 candles before a chest block....
1664152257550.png
Now should I spend 50 diamonds to see 11 clouds? or just use a lantern like in years past and move one?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
ok I made it 4 candles before a chest block....
View attachment 8445
Now should I spend 50 diamonds to see 11 clouds? or just use a lantern like in years past and move one?

I think I'd lantern first because i can't imagine a situation where the way forward will be anything other than up and and forward in row 3. Maybe an orb will make more sense in a bit to look at some of the clouds you're going to bypass if the next couple columns come up poor.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I think I'd lantern first because i can't imagine a situation where the way forward will be anything other than up and and forward in row 3. Maybe an orb will make more sense in a bit to look at some of the clouds you're going to bypass if the next couple columns come up poor.
yea so unless they make the Orb actually remove the clouds, its going to be rare to find a board setup worth 50 diamonds.

zookeepers

Marquis
The problem among the orb is not the price. For guys wanting to dig for everything, an orb is useless (you'd tend to dig anyways), but for ones who want ONLY the pumpkins and not the bulb, an orb worthes more than the price.

If you want the sticker ONLY, or if you want a specific toy ONLY, orb gets more and more better because otherwise you would waiste whole bunch of items which is taller than an orb, just for nothing.

Orb is designed like this, and so, if you dig for the bulb, pumpkins, tools, stickers AND the toys, it's no use, and that is OK.

The real problem is that the usage is limited. To dig deeper there are only 2 choice. Candles and Lanterns because Flashligts just dig to your sides. Within the two, you tend to use up candles quicker if you use them properly. Orbs are only useful after using some candles in a row, because after using lanterns, unvisible area is small.

I would want an option to buy i.e. 30 candles (without lanterns) with a better price, if I were to use the orbs in numbers.

The problem among the orb is not the price. For guys wanting to dig for everything, an orb is useless (you'd tend to dig anyways), but for ones who want ONLY the pumpkins and not the bulb, an orb worthes more than the price.

If you want the sticker ONLY, or if you want a specific toy ONLY, orb gets more and more better because otherwise you would waiste whole bunch of items which is taller than an orb, just for nothing.

Orb is designed like this, and so, if you dig for the bulb, pumpkins, tools, stickers AND the toys, it's no use, and that is OK.

The real problem is that the usage is limited. To dig deeper there are only 2 choice. Candles and Lanterns because Flashligts just dig to your sides. Within the two, you tend to use up candles quicker if you use them properly. Orbs are only useful after using some candles in a row, because after using lanterns, unvisible area is small.

I would want an option to buy i.e. 30 candles (without lanterns) with a better price, if I were to use the orbs in numbers.
When you spend 2000+ diamonds on orbs and don't even find the thing you're looking for, then yeah price is a giant issue (along with the rarity of the item especially the sticker must be found daily). You're still using the tools to get from one side of the map to the other and digging the things you want, so it's not really saving a whole lot of tools - just shifting the tools people use more to candles and less from shovels/lanterns.

zookeepers

Marquis
You're still using the tools to get from one side of the map to the other and digging the things you want, so it's not really saving a whole lot of tools - just shifting the tools people use more to candles and less from shovels/lanterns.

So, yeah.

If you had candles only and no flashlights/lanterns, orbs are definitely a good option.

But in reality, buying 36.5 candles + 2 orbs (90 diamond is equivalent with about 30 tickets = 3 candles) instead of the big bundle is meaningless. Big bundle contains 36 items with better ones than candles.

If there were any way to obtain large number of candles in low price, orbs could have meant something. Which is not the situation.

kawada

Marquis
@Juber
mobile app version 1.240.12 mentioned in your announcement is still not available and therefore the event is not available either (unless the bug reported months ago for the Summer event which is not resolved - here).

any updates?
3EEFF95F-3428-4269-B3A0-178C8986FB71.jpeg

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
@Juber
mobile app version 1.240.12 mentioned in your announcement is still not available and therefore the event is not available either (unless the bug reported months ago for the Summer event which is not resolved - here).

any updates?
View attachment 8447
The update to 240 was just announced to be released on wednesday - mobile follows a couple days later usually...
You habe to use the beta app if you want to be up to date

kawada

Marquis
The update to 240 was just announced to be released on wednesday - mobile follows a couple days later usually...
You habe to use the beta app if you want to be up to date

Thank you for the clarification! Unfortunately, beta app is not available for iOS.

so are you going to made these updates backwards compatible - in other words, for people who have already completed some of these, will you adjust the already received rewards. If not, then those who move fast are really getting penalized.

These three in particular: especially if someone already paid too much for the Orb? And, anyone already finished all the toy challenges!

• The chance for stickers to appear was too low. It was adjusted to be the same as last year. <===== way too low - are adjustments coming?
  • The reward for solving all Quests from Sir. Hugsalot now provides 5 instead of 2 Blueprints. <===== ok, so lots of people are short 3 prints by now
  • The cost of orbs has been reduced to 25 diamonds. <===== I wonder how many people spent 45 diamonds - will they get a refund?

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
so are you going to made these updates backwards compatible - in other words, for people who have already completed some of these, will you adjust the already received rewards. If not, then those who move fast are really getting penalized.

These three in particular: especially if someone already paid too much for the Orb? And, anyone already finished all the toy challenges!

• The chance for stickers to appear was too low. It was adjusted to be the same as last year. <===== way too low - are adjustments coming?
  • The reward for solving all Quests from Sir. Hugsalot now provides 5 instead of 2 Blueprints. <===== ok, so lots of people are short 3 prints by now
  • The cost of orbs has been reduced to 25 diamonds. <===== I wonder how many people spent 45 diamonds - will they get a refund?

JUST my opinion, but this isn't the live game - it's a TESTBED to help INNO in a BETA capacity get it right before something goes live. You VOLUNTEER to assist, are given 1500 diamonds for your trouble and time. Doing your "beta test role" here means that in the development process and feedback process, things change. I'm not expecting a refund of diamond back from 45 to 25, or any other compensatory goodwill from the changes, some of which go in OUR FAVOR as players.

And what if some went the other way? Would you expect INNO to take MORE diamonds from you if they raised the price of an item in the event and you paid for it already at the lower price? I think you'd probably be pretty steamed at them if they wanted to do that.

NO - If we collectively get something for these changes, that's all upside but not required.

Last edited: