• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2022

Dessire

Regent
this will be my 3rd event in the year I don't play because as an end game player, the new event buildings are just useless for me. in other words, me and players like me are not potential clients to Innogames.
in order to fix that, create a new building, a 10x10 building or a 8x8 or something like that. during each event, you can win the new event building but also a new item.
the new item allows that 10x10 (or 8x8) new building "absorb" any event building at max level and acquire it's stats. in order to do that, you also need to earn in the event a ticket. you can only win 1 per event. use the ticket to do what I said before. in order to use the ticket, you also must spend between 250 to 500 diamonds (becasue by absorbing, you are not using space of your city). the new huge building can't be used with Blue Galaxy. and yes, this mean this new huge building could give you infinite FPs + infinite attack + infinite defense , etc. if you play infinite events and if you have infinite diamonds.

Kronan

Viceroy
I am fully with you. I would expect an option... either use dias or real money. But anyhow. I think it is not OK wanting the beta users to spend [REAL] money in order to test the box

Very interesting point.
As a software development professional, I really understand the value of a beta process, on both sides of the coin. Having done alpha and beta testing on core products for major companies (Google, Microsoft, etc), I can say it's an honor to be repeatedly asked to help hone complex software before it's released. As well, I've had to build beta teams to test software I've designed/engineered, both professionally and personally.

In FoE, it's a bit different in that many/some/few people in the beta program are NOT testers per se, they're just playing the game in the beta framework, but choose to play similarly to what responsibilities they would have as a live player - ie, none.

Many/some/few people don't ever test features, report errors, followup on those bugs as they get fixed, talk or dialog in the forum to suggest product improvements or do a single beta function - except play FoE in the beta space - some for years. This is their "game" each day - as it is to live server players.

So they're playing as "normal users" that earn and spend diamonds, but in beta. In fact, as far as I know, they might not even play the events or do anything to help, but they still get 1500 FREE diamonds for being in the program - a really nice way Inno says thanks for your beta contribution (whatever it is...or IF it is...). I guess if you're a warm playing body, you get their generosity.

This isn't a name and shame post to those who have no interest in helping Inno and have made their game here in beta - their live game. That's Inno's point to evaluate.

So the jury is still out on how they would want us to spend REAL MONEY to test something that's going to go in the live GAME to - spend real money.

That's a new concept I never saw before in my professional software engineering career - yet.

vanleusden

Farmer
Iss it my bad day or Are less Joker stickers then last year, I only found 1 sticker but already collected 60x lightballs

After completing 25 of 51 event quests (including already some 3 or 4 side lines from toy collection and buying up until limit tools for 395 I got 2 in words two stickers. Almost down with tools in order to find the next sticker. Distribution of stickers vs tool collections seems not to balance. I got 7 toys so far. But the distribution of stickers does not work out

Beta567

Baronet
After completing 25 of 51 event quests (including already some 3 or 4 side lines from toy collection and buying up until limit tools for 395 I got 2 in words two stickers. Almost down with tools in order to find the next sticker. Distribution of stickers vs tool collections seems not to balance. I got 7 toys so far. But the distribution of stickers does not work out
Same here.

Beta567

Baronet
Very interesting point. As a software development professional, I really understand the value of a beta process, on both sides of the coin. Having done alpha and beta testing on core products for major companies (Google, Microsoft, etc), I can say it's an honor to be repeatedly asked to help hone complex software before it's released. As well, I've had to build beta teams to test software I've designed/engineered, both professionally and personally.

In FoE, it's a bit different in that many/some/few people in the beta program are NOT testers per se, they're just playing the game in the beta framework, but choose to play similarly to what responsibilities they would have as a live player - ie, none.

Many/some/few people don't ever test features, report errors, followup on those bugs as they get fixed, talk or dialog in the forum to suggest product improvements or do a single beta function - except play FoE in the beta space - some for years. This is their "game" each day - as it is to live server players.

So they're playing as "normal users" that earn and spend diamonds, but in beta. In fact, as far as I know, they might not even play the events or do anything to help, but they still get 1500 FREE diamonds for being in the program - a really nice way Inno says thanks for your beta contribution (whatever it is...or IF it is...). I guess if you're a warm playing body, you get their generosity.

This isn't a name and shame post to those who have no interest in helping Inno and have made their game here in beta - their live game. That's Inno's point to evaluate.

So the jury is still out on how they would want us to spend REAL MONEY to test something that's going to go in the live GAME to - spend real money.

That's a new concept I never saw before in my professional software engineering career - yet.
You as a software developer should understand of QA team importance in this case all players on beta are presumably are testers and those free diamonds can be considered as payment for their "work". It doesn't matter how many players report a bug. Beta server should always stay beta and it also doesn't matter how many diamonds each player has because they can't go anywhere from that server.

Astrid

Baronet
My feedback so far...

Main building, overall ok, but more or less on level with a years old building, Abandoned Asylum. If you could change those 30 goods from previous era to goods from current era it would be much better, but I guess that won't happen. Attack could have been a bit higher in later ages, ~25-27. Halloween used to have outstanding main rewards until that dreaded set that we had last year.

The limited buildings and premium pass, weak and boring at least for an end player. I'll gladly spend the 1200 diamonds to get an extra kit for the main building and more tries to get the daily special(House of Horrors).

The chance for daily specials is very low, if I remember correctly they buffed it a bit on live servers last year, but now it's back to ridiculous low numbers on beta.

The minigame has been reworked I see, but now all the tools are harder to pick and use and the stuff you find it there it's also harder to click. It's a mess from a usability point of view.

The orb that costs 50 diamonds, no thanks, it's kind of useless anyways. Another attempt to "help" players to get rid of diamonds.

D-Best

Squire
Get rid of all the units, blueprints and bonuses from the premium pass if you're going to make it available only with real money. The rewards starting with the milestone 480 are pathetic. A few years ago if I remember correctly the lamest prize were the forge points.
Now you split the grand prizes in two, making just one line accessible to everyone but in the meantime you keep the overall value of the prizes the same as before. You just distributed them differently and added some junk in between. It might not be a deliberate act but it looks awfull anyway. In other games this is implemented far better but here... the premium pass is just complementary. Not premium at all.

hades8840

Marquis
Whats with the lack of joker stickers I have gone through all my candles etc and used up pretty much all the gained tickets buying more tools up to quest 29 just to be able to gain the tickets to open the last 3 days on the sticker calendar usually I wouldnt of had to go that far into it to do 3 days at this rate will be using diamonds for more tools... and it shows how far I have had to go as I have already got all 8 toys

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Main building: 19-22% atk for 20 tiles is worthwhile. negative happiness with small pop increase is inconsequential. Abandoned Asylum had better graphics.

Would be nice to see some originality in event buildings, that relates to event theme. Instead of fragments of "finish all..." how about 5 (of 20) fragments of a "Death Card" that has a 50% chance of killing 3 units in one battle. Or at least something linked to a Tarot deck.

Orb: not worth the diamonds. Careful play already lets a player focus strategically on only lightbulbs (for event building) or only pumpkins (for daily prizes).

Toy Collection: Would have been nice to have 8 new characters. A little more effort on renewing and updating events would be appreciated. Same for the flashlight, etc: e.g., why not update it to a skull with glowing eye sockets; a burning hand instead of a candle, etc. Just for a bit of fun and variety.

Reward Calendar: Focusing on getting stickers is just not worthwhile unless you've no interest at all in either the dailies or the event building. But in that case, why endure the tedium of the event just for an avatar?

Haunted Tree (2 x 2) and Daunting Tower (1 x 1): Liked @zookeepers idea about having a residual benefit for each, making them interesting to new and middle-age cities. Otherwise, pointless waste of effort to fit into a city just to delete.

Heinrich IV

Merchant
I wonder if there is a mistake in item placement on this event. Some of our guild members did not get stickers. While others (like me) did not get any toys.
May this be concerned to the changes done for the Orb?