• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2022

GateKeeper

Baronet
Ive read a lot of post about Stickers and that does appear to be true. I didn't find one sticker until I was well into my 3rd batch of tools purchased. At that rate, about half the sticker calendar will be completed.... It smells like the failure of Winter Event calendar in this event now.

On the other side of the coin, it appears the dolls are more abundant this year, currently only missing 2, yes those are the top2 (1 silver, 1 gold) but with handfuls of the other 6 dolls its been far too many. Maybe there was an over compensation from complaints about collecting Dolls last year?

GateKeeper

Baronet
as for the spec bldg, its decent, visually is appeasing and makes a nice edition to some of the Halloween prev buildings.

One suggestion, we have seen a lot of spec bldgs now giving 1-age/era down goods now for the past few events, we even have a GB that does that. So my suggestion is hows about a 2-age/era down option on this building? There is now spec building like that ....yet... and no GB like that. Just a thought since it does take a few down ages/era's to go through the Research tree.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
I really like the Orbs as they will be nice to help with collecting all of the toys. However, I think they are a little overpriced. Bring the cost on them down a bit and I think they'd definitely be worth it.

-Alin-

Emperor
I think I have too many Psychopomps this year.
Last year I succeeded in completing two sets of toys, I wonder if I can complete any this year, lol ...

1664043025521.png

GateKeeper

Baronet
The Orb! this was a nice idea....HOWEVER, as the game made use 1 at the start, and turns out thats really the only time the Orb had the most benefit, it showed the whole starting 7 Columns of options. once you get into the board we will rarely have that type of large amount of Clouds to uncover by the Orb.

At most a player will only use the additional Orb for maybe 2 or 3 Columns worth. So the purpose or benefit of the Orb devalues by more than 50% after first use at the starting position.

The only ridiculous way to use the 2nd Orb to the max benefit, is to luckily create a straight line , say Row 3 for example like i just did below image, and luckily not hit any blocks, use 5 or 6 candles which gets you deep into the board and than use the Orb. Other than that idea not sure buying a 3rd Orb for 50 diamonds is a good idea.

in this case, just use a Flashlight in the middle that will open about 1/2 of the clouds anyways...conclusion is don't buy a 3rd Orb

1664044831089.png

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'll go the other way and say that the Orb seems fairly priced honestly.

1995 diamonds for 625 tickets -> 0.313 tickets/diamond

So 1 orb has to save 45 * 0.313 = 14 tickets - if it saves 2 tools it's a good buy. Which it probably can - especially if you're trying to pick and choose the types of tiles you're looking for.

I also think of it like the diamond purchases we used to have for the carnival event where it's cheap enough that you might go "why not" when you get a good situation for it. And then again. And again. And again. And before long you've spent more on the event than you would've decided to up front ;)

Sholp

Farmer
Daily sticker is very hard to find every day.
Calendar is impossible to fill without spend diamonds.

rontom

Merchant
Daily sticker is way too hard to find, just burned 2 full sets of tools without success. Looks like the end of the calendar for me and as a full set of toys is down to luck its fingers crossed for the daily specials

GateKeeper

Baronet
I'll go the other way and say that the Orb seems fairly priced honestly.

1995 diamonds for 625 tickets -> 0.313 tickets/diamond

So 1 orb has to save 45 * 0.313 = 14 tickets - if it saves 2 tools it's a good buy. Which it probably can - especially if you're trying to pick and choose the types of tiles you're looking for.

I also think of it like the diamond purchases we used to have for the carnival event where it's cheap enough that you might go "why not" when you get a good situation for it. And then again. And again. And again. And before long you've spent more on the event than you would've decided to up front ;)
This a cost analysis of the item itself, which is probably similar to what Inno did with their math, but how many prizes did you unlock with your 2nd Orb?

Like one my previous post example withe the image, there was 14 fully clouded area's left, + the 1 pumpkin already showing from a 48 space board. So at point the board is only left 1/3 fully covered with clouds. So we are supposed to spend 50 diamonds, on the possibly of what 4 maybe 5 more prizes out of those 15 area's..... No thanks!!!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This a cost analysis of the item itself, which is probably similar to what Inno did with their math, but how many prizes did you unlock with your 2nd Orb?

Like one my previous post example withe the image, there was 14 fully clouded area's left, + the 1 pumpkin already showing from a 48 space board. So at point the board is only left 1/3 fully covered with clouds. So we are supposed to spend 50 diamonds, on the possibly of what 4 maybe 5 more prizes out of those 15 area's..... No thanks!!!
Haven't used it yet. (Haven't started digging yet - been busy elsewhere).

Hallowe'en has always been an expensive event to get "extras" though. And the only comparison that's important for a diamond-exclusive item is whether it's worth using compared to other diamond purchases. i.e. in your previous post that it showed all those clouded areas weren't worth exploring at all *is* good value - think of all the tools it saved you checking it the other way (and still finding nothing).

The times it would wind up not worth it would be when you find it's *loaded* with prizes, and now you have to bust out the tools to collect them all anyways.

Hallowe'en has always been an expensive event to get "extras" though. And the only comparison that's important for a diamond-exclusive item is whether it's worth using compared to other diamond purchases. i.e. in your previous post that it showed all those clouded areas weren't worth exploring at all *is* good value - think of all the tools it saved you checking it the other way (and still finding nothing).

The times it would wind up not worth it would be when you find it's *loaded* with prizes, and now you have to bust out the tools to collect them all anyways.
Depends on what you're going for I guess. I've used like 10 in the past 2 days and found 0 stickers, and that's unlocking with the maximum potential to uncover. I could have got a number of dailies but even that's like a pittance of actually getting even one in this event.

GateKeeper

Baronet

50 diamonds for every Orb after the two freebies.
is this worth 50 diamonds? I already see 3 pumpkins and 1 lantern... and 7 unknown clouds? Not even close....might as well get suckered too on the "sale" products of 1995 diamonds for an 1 upgrade on a spec building piece ;)
So the question becomes, What would get players to spend 50 diamonds on items they would see in clouds and the gamble that even more exist in the unknown clouds?
This is pre-Orb image. 7 unknown clouds... maybe there's what 1..2 pumpkins... more tools... a Toy, ..... lets see if the Orb pays off......
1664151157563.png

and the winner is...... the house!!!..... for 50 diamonds for 1 candle and 1 lightbulb!!! now go your use tools to collect those prizes !!!

1664151539129.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
50 diamonds for every Orb after the two freebies.
is this worth 50 diamonds? I already see 3 pumpkins and 1 lantern... and 7 unknown clouds? Not even close....might as well get suckered too on the "sale" products of 1995 diamonds for an 1 upgrade on a spec building piece ;)
So the question becomes, What would get players to spend 50 diamonds on items they would see in clouds and the gamble that even more exist in the unknown clouds?
This is pre-Orb image. 7 unknown clouds... maybe there's what 1..2 pumpkins... more tools... a Toy, ..... lets see if the Orb pays off......
View attachment 8442

and the winner is...... the house!!!..... for 50 diamonds for 1 candle and 1 lightbulb!!! now go your use tools to collect those prizes !!!

View attachment 8443
That screen was the wrong one to use an orb on for sure. you already know for instance that you're going to clear the extra lantern. Probably with either a flashlight or a lantern to get extra reveals out of it. So the capacity to "save tools" by buying an orb is highly limited. I'll have to find a daily special I want and then see if I can find an example of the screens I'd envision using it on to share :)

GateKeeper

Baronet
That screen was the wrong one to use an orb on for sure. you already know for instance that you're going to clear the extra lantern. Probably with either a flashlight or a lantern to get extra reveals out of it. So the capacity to "save tools" by buying an orb is highly limited. I'll have to find a daily special I want and then see if I can find an example of the screens I'd envision using it on to share :)
lol thats the point I originally made many posts ago.... it will only be pure luck that you will every get the board in an ideal position to use a 3rd Orb!!!!
Maybe....maybe if the Orb removed the clouds as well than 50 diamonds could be worth it.... but you still have to use your tools to get to the prizes... so the Orb removes guess work which pretty much there isn't that much to guess on for 50 diamonds a pop.

GateKeeper

Baronet
here's a current board....
1664152102131.png
Now seeing that Row 5 has been a no chest block for 7 columns, no way will I continue hte straight line of using Candles in that row. I will go with Row 4 in this case........lets see.... how lucky I get using candles in Row 4 to try to get the most of the Orb .......

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
lol thats the point I originally made many posts ago.... it will only be pure luck that you will every get the board in an ideal position to use a 3rd Orb!!!!
Maybe....maybe if the Orb removed the clouds as well than 50 diamonds could be worth it.... but you still have to use your tools to get to the prizes... so the Orb removes guess work which pretty much there isn't that much to guess on for 50 diamonds a pop.
Well I didn't argue that it's best to use it all the time - just that it will have points when it could be a good buy.

You pretty much picked the exact wrong situation (where you already know you have a good next move, which will do most of the work of the orb anyways) and then exclaimed that makes it worthless ;)