• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2022

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Only a 3% increase is great. Most event buildings are much worse in lower ages, but because of this change it's actually really good in lower ages. Sure, 22% isn't the best in SAJM, but it's not too bad either, still around 1% per tile and the other rewards are nice. I'd like to see more balancing geared towards developing cities :)

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
A few initial thoughts:

• I don't like being forced to spend one of the Orbs. The initial board is the same for all players, so it's basically the same as giving you 1 free Orb (which would be fine), but feels worse.
  • I don't like that you can only buy the event pass with real currency. I wouldn't mind an option, but don't like that it's the only option.
  • Is Forge Fountain supposed to be a reward in this event as well?
  • 1 Day is too short for the Tower IMO, should be longer.
  • I don't like that the Haunted Tree replaces a main building selection kit in the Calendar reward. I haven't looked at balancing yet, but that could be an issue.
  • I think the Collector's Reward should give a few Orbs as well :)
  • More to come...

1. There should be more than 3% difference between IA and SAJM. Cap it out at 32% at top age and I would definitely build it.
2. I don't understand the point of these disappearing premiums. Why not just give an extra 100fp for calendar and a 20% attack boost as the premium prizes without the extra art work. The art is fantastic but is wasted on such poor perks. I'm not really sure how many 20% attack boosts I've sold in the AD.
3. Don't we normally get diamonds at the start of an event? I didn't get any this time.

jovada

Regent
7500 diamonds for the extra's no way i buy that, and there is 1 daunting tower (complete) and a bit further there are 2x 25 fragments (you need 100) where are you supposed to gather the other 50 ??? or am i missing something.

Usura

Farmer
7500 diamonds for the extra's no way i buy that, and there is 1 daunting tower (complete) and a bit further there are 2x 25 fragments (you need 100) where are you supposed to gather the other 50 ??? or am i missing something.
"Fragments can be obtained as Daily Specials."

zookeepers

Marquis
I think Orbs can be a option, if you are to use diamonds in this event.
45 diamonds is fairly cheap, and so it can be better than buying regular items.
For players wanting dailies, especially.
(I am not saying that this is a good event to spend diamonds in.)

Daunting Tower, would have been interesting if we could store this building (,which is probably not the case).
+20% stackable attack bonus for 24 hours of actual fighting time, would be somewhat attractive.
Unavailavility to store is even fatal as a dressing-up building.

The main (Tarot Card Caravans) isn't bad. For lower age players, it's great*.
Finish all supply production item is useful to go through the questline quickly.
(if you use the cider mill or blacksmith or whatever for them)

*as a haunted building, this building has a negative happiness.
novice players tend to have not much happiness to spare, and this is quite the
reason this building is designed with a such narrow window of attack bonus, I suppose.
Inno may even have considered having non-tilted bonus,
but maybe they thought attack bonus more than 1%/tile is too much in lower ages.

Kronan

Viceroy
Clarification required (probably a small re-edit...): @Juber

The Daunting Tower explanation here: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/halloween-event-2022.15794/

says this:
Active: 20 Attack for Attacking army.
1 day limited

That needs to communicate if it's +20% (like a temporary +20% inventory attack flask), or 20x boost of current values, or something else.

I really don't know what 20 attack means... and I'm unclear on what this new disposable building does, or has for value.

Can you help explain it better?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I don't like that you can only buy the event pass with real currency. I wouldn't mind an option, but don't like that it's the only option.

yeah - that is an odd choice... but I guess that is based on too many players still having diamond farms from the past.
On the other hand I saw the Event pass as a decent way to siphon some of those free diamonds away - even if it effectively only is for a portrait or so...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
yeah - that is an odd choice... but I guess that is based on too many players still having diamond farms from the past.
On the other hand I saw the Event pass as a decent way to siphon some of those free diamonds away - even if it effectively only is for a portrait or so...

It's pretty normal in mobile games with monthly or event passes these days. They use it as a way to encourage people to spend steadily rather than buy a bunch (or earn free premium currency) and then sink into a period of non-spending.

I thought it was abnormal that you could buy it with diamonds when it came out. I guess they're looking to undo that.

Fortunately the value in the pass wasn't enough for me to get it even when it was just free diamonds, so still nothing to be up in arms about... If they start going towards the event pass feeling *necessary*, I'll be more worried.

So far the event tasks are OK. No problems came up. I wonder if it is a mistake or wanted that the Halloween prizes box costs 14,99 EUR instead of diamonds. We shall again, I guess now the third time in a row, spend real money for doing unwanted work which should be yours? If it is not wanted again a qualitiy issue in the roll out. I did not receive any dias this time for testing. I am clearly thinking about leaving the beta, if this quality status gets to normal on beta.
I like this orb thing. It will help in the beginning and most probably in the end when only certain stuff is needed. I have doubts that 12 building kits are doable having in mind that the calendar only provides 1 item.

zookeepers

Marquis
Thoughts about those limited buildings...
Inno should think about the standard value for an existing building.
There are whole bunch of buidings giving 1FP/2tiles or 1%attack/1tile.
Adding another such building as a premier option, never change any balance.

Instead of the actual values, it could have gone like this...
Haunted Tree: 2x2, 20FP until 5 collections, and then 2FP after it is expired.
Daunting Tower: 1x1, 20% attack for 24 hours, and then 1% attack after it is expired.

It wouldn't make any real change, but the feeling about it would be different.

A few initial thoughts:

• I don't like being forced to spend one of the Orbs. The initial board is the same for all players, so it's basically the same as giving you 1 free Orb (which would be fine), but feels worse.
  • I don't like that you can only buy the event pass with real currency. I wouldn't mind an option, but don't like that it's the only option.
  • Is Forge Fountain supposed to be a reward in this event as well?
  • 1 Day is too short for the Tower IMO, should be longer.
  • I don't like that the Haunted Tree replaces a main building selection kit in the Calendar reward. I haven't looked at balancing yet, but that could be an issue.
  • I think the Collector's Reward should give a few Orbs as well :)
  • More to come...
I am fully with you. I would expect an option... either use dias or real money. But anyhow. I think it is not OK wanting the beta users to spend money in order to test the box