• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2022

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
foe%20logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Wednesday, September 21st, our Halloween Event returns once again!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "In my Orb I can see a bright future ahead!" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

Ugh. I know this is gonna be an unpopular Opinion, but for a game that even advertises itself with ‚chose if you wanna be a fighter OR a Trader‘, it is forcing people way to much into the Fighting section in my Opinion. Especially lately.

It started with the new GbG Map - The Max level of the Great Elephant even got announced with ‚chose between fighting, guild support and trading‘ - yet every Max Level Variant had fighting Bonus and none of them had any bonuses that would’ve been strong for Traders.

And it continues throughout the Events this year, with literally every Main Building providing Major army boosts, while like half of the buildings since Winter Event doesn’t even give goods at all.

Please either make the game more suitable for Traders again, for example by giving an actual choice between Fighting and Production on the Max level variants of the event buildings, or stop advertising it as an Option.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ugh. I know this is gonna be an unpopular Opinion, but for a game that even advertises itself with ‚chose if you wanna be a fighter OR a Trader‘, it is forcing people way to much into the Fighting section in my Opinion. Especially lately.

It started with the new GbG Map - The Max level of the Great Elephant even got announced with ‚chose between fighting, guild support and trading‘ - yet every Max Level Variant had fighting Bonus and none of them had any bonuses that would’ve been strong for Traders.

And it continues throughout the Events this year, with literally every Main Building providing Major army boosts, while like half of the buildings since Winter Event doesn’t even give goods at all.

Please either make the game more suitable for Traders again, for example by giving an actual choice between Fighting and Production on the Max level variants of the event buildings, or stop advertising it as an Option.
Most of em have goods (including this one)

All of em have FP, which traders tend to value getting from collection more than fighters do atm. It's kinda their endgame - eventually they'll have enough goods production, but can always use more FP somewhere.

Buildings without some benefit to attackers get panned by a wide section of the population. Same for buildings without FP. While buildings without goods don't get such an uproar.

It doesn't hurt you to have some attack boost even as a primary-trader. The worst that happens is you don't use it.

As a Trader, you’ll never have enough goods production. That’s like if I were saying, at some point fighters eventually will have enough attack boost and don’t need any more.

‚Buildings without attack Bonus get panned by a wide section‘ - yup, that’s exactly the problem. I can see that. But when you even announce trader‘s variants to buildings, then why don’t actually deliver one.

My only problem with every building having army boosts is that it cuts out on possibly more goods/FP that would be actually useful for me - cause ‚it already has that super strong fighting bonuses‘ - which again, are pretty useless for me since I only fight on campaign map. Which is exactly why the Animal Crossing and the Hero‘s tavern from the last 2 live Events will be the first ones to disappear out of my city again when Fall event hits.

Overall, it’s just like I said. If you advertise that you got to make a choice between fighting and trading, you should actually deliver one, instead of making it easier and easier for fighters while making it harder and harder for traders.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting a little inundated by buildings producing prior age goods. I have 19 stage of ages on beta and 12 on my main live city plus the Golden Orrery on both. I no longer try for SoA's when they're the daily special.
I know they are useful for negotiating, but when I age up I need goods for the new age. I can always leave a few buildings behind for the prior age, but buildings that produce prior age goods all need to be leveled up just to produce prior age goods. That requires extra one up kits at the time of aging up.

From my side again same critics since the event box is gone. Would be nice having kind of an event ticker 5 to 7 days ahead in order to plan GG and GEX or even real live. I am keen on understanding how the fragments of the building can be collected... 12 ? really? No event box?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As a Trader, you’ll never have enough goods production. That’s like if I were saying, at some point fighters eventually will have enough attack boost and don’t need any more.

‚Buildings without attack Bonus get panned by a wide section‘ - yup, that’s exactly the problem. I can see that. But when you even announce trader‘s variants to buildings, then why don’t actually deliver one.

My only problem with every building having army boosts is that it cuts out on possibly more goods/FP that would be actually useful for me - cause ‚it already has that super strong fighting bonuses‘ - which again, are pretty useless for me since I only fight on campaign map. Which is exactly why the Animal Crossing and the Hero‘s tavern from the last 2 live Events will be the first ones to disappear out of my city again when Fall event hits.

Overall, it’s just like I said. If you advertise that you got to make a choice between fighting and trading, you should actually deliver one, instead of making it easier and easier for fighters while making it harder and harder for traders.

The direct parallel to goods for a fighter is unit-count, not attack boost. Something not offered too often at all. And something that most fighters will hit a point where they "have enough" for what they actually do.

There is no "trader boost" to compare to attack boost. Which on the one hand "poor traders" for lacking an additional axis to scale their effectiveness. And on the other hand, how lucky to not *need* a boost stat to even have a chance at winning encounters past a point (i.e. for a fighter there'll be a point where no amount of more troops will let them win again - there is no such point for negotiators).

Also at the point where you're limited by goods because you want to negotiate in GBG even more (only reason I could see "never having enough"), building production ain't going to do much. You're looking at indirect methods of making orders of magnitudes more goods via CF and similar instead.

D-Best

Squire
Mhmm.. Let's see.

Did anyone else notice that in many cases the main rewards's production is just a random jumble? (especially since the fragments were introduced and almost every building gives attack&defense boost for attacking army). You get a little bit of everything but nothing meaningful in particular. They lack uniqueness... though I can understand that it's quite hard to come up with something new when there are so many buildings in game already. But they are giving the same thing over and over. And somehow the productions are not linked to what the building represents either, eg millitary units from sunflower oil press or attack boost from animal crossing like fr fr. Why? Just picture how a fighter's town is gonna look.

Thumbs down for limited buildings, for the design (the main building looks cluttered and the others seem to be unfinished) and for the production which I expected to be a random one. Sadly it's not.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
First impressions, based only on how I'm reading the announcement.

Orbs - Orbs are useless. If I can only buy them with diamonds, and they only work on one tile, I don't really see the point. Maybe if they revealed all the dark tiles on screen, it would be better. But as they are described in the announcement, meh.
Main building - Not bad. That's all I really have to say about it though.
Haunted Tree - So basically a 100 FP pack that costs 1200 diamonds. Personally, not my cup of tea.
Daunting Tower - Now this one is interesting. First, I don't like how you can get fragments as daily specials. That feels unnecessarily grindy to get this. However, I do like the idea of a strong attack boost that you can put down if you *really* need it. It's pretty unique and I feel could definitely come in handy. But with fragments as daily specials, I can't see myself going for this because of the sheer amount of effort to get one.
Calendar Rewards - These sound very good. *Two* selection kits? That ain't bad. But still, nothing's worse than RNG with the toys.

CrashBoom

Legend
Haunted Tree - So basically a 100 FP pack that costs 1200 diamonds. Personally, not my cup of tea.
it is part of the calendar reward (according to the announcement)

so it cost nothing :rolleyes:

Daunting Tower - Now this one is interesting. First, I don't like how you can get fragments as daily specials. That feels unnecessarily grindy to get this. However, I do like the idea of a strong attack boost that you can put down if you *really* need it. It's pretty unique and I feel could definitely come in handy. But with fragments as daily specials, I can't see myself going for this because of the sheer amount of effort to get one.
strong ? it is just the "average" 20% I would also get from the tavern or from the boost in the inventory

but I don't use them because 20% for a short time doesn't really matter

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
strong ? it is just the "average" 20% I would also get from the tavern or from the boost in the inventory

but I don't use them because 20% for a short time doesn't really matter
20% in 1 tile - and being a building bonus it stacks.

If you're an unlimited wallet warrior, with them available as daily specials (well fragments as daily specials), you theoretically could win 1000s of them and drop large quantities at a time for huge attack boost efficiency for the space used.

I somehow doubt that'll be a common strategy - especially considering you also need a ton of time to win specials... All for 1 day consumables.

But its theoretical potential with multiple of em is "strong" if impractical :)

CrashBoom

Legend
1 Fragment of Finish All Supply Productions (when motivated)

can you create new items instead of those old items ?
I don't even have supply productions (on live) o_O
(and for people who are now asking: how is he doing the production quests: Magnum Opus)

my suggestion for a new item
"5 Minute All Buildings Rush"

and with ALL I mean everything inlcuding GB & Townhall

:D

and considering it would have 30 fragments that would be one per month & building
so normal players that would be once 5 minutes per month: definitely not overpowered
(and for big money spenders: even with 12 buildings it would only be 1 hour per month)

Orbs - Orbs are useless. If I can only buy them with diamonds, and they only work on one tile, I don't really see the point. Maybe if they revealed all the dark tiles on screen, it would be better. But as they are described in the announcement, meh.

As I understood the Anouncement, thats exactly how they will work. Reveals everything on screen, but can only be used on tiles that haven't been revealed yet

Una Queen

Squire
question:
on announcement it says the main building is 19 - 22% attack. now my question is this juber, shouldnt it be 19 - 32%? this sounds more realistic than whats currently posted.