• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: iOS app - Summer event 2022 randomly appears

kawada

Marquis
Troubleshooting
Yes, i re-installed the app
Summer event 2022 quest line randomly appears in the app since Wednesday 13 Jul 2022
after completing 1-2 quests, it disappears again and doesn’t show up after the app re-start. When I log in from PC, I definitely see that those quests have been completed.
though, the event window (with the wheel) does not appear

Browser or App
Store App
Browser or App version and version number
Recreation steps
Aid all - guild members (not 100% sure)
Frequency
Once a day on 13 Jul, 15 Jul and 16 Jul
Urgency
Not urgent
Can this be reproduced?
Probably, but can try only once a day
Screenshots
Attached above

Attachments

• 4617D112-3ED7-4498-B826-84D7A428E52F.jpeg
    4617D112-3ED7-4498-B826-84D7A428E52F.jpeg
    452.4 KB · Views: 18

kawada

Marquis
update: it happens if I “Aid all” both neighbours and guild and friends

When I click “Collect“, the quest line disappears

0FBA3E31-AFD3-46A7-B813-9C2748215320.jpegDD2D5C77-D682-48B0-8813-E3B447CA3EB2.jpeg

Last edited:

kawada

Marquis
are there any updates? The bug is still in place.

that actually interesting: Inno does not officially release the even on mobile app but players still kinda can have partial access to the event via buggy workarounds.

kawada

Marquis
You reported this initially for the summer event. The event was useable from version 1.135 onwards according to the event announcement https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/summer-event-2022.15674/#post-138576 and your version was lower than the required version.
Exactly, the event has not been released by the time I reported bug and new version of the app was not available in AppStore

I assume the latest screenshot is from beta and the current event?
So the issue would be that the event should not be playable at all on the iOS app.

The Winter event screenshot above is from the live iOS app and the current event. It happens for every single event after Aid all implementation - event questline becomes visible after Aid all prior to release of updated version of the app.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Okay, thank you for clarifying!

Just heard back on it: it will not be fixed, as it is only an issue until the needed version is available and there is no real disadvantage in having the event accessible too early - even if it is not there all the time.