• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2022

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
okay, that's strange. It is almost totally different from the internal documentation so far. Will look into it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
okay, that's strange. It is almost totally different from the internal documentation so far. Will look into it.
The start of it is almost a copy-paste of last year's special list. Perhaps it didn't get updated til recently?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
The start of it is almost a copy-paste of last year's special list. Perhaps it didn't get updated til recently?
The list aligns since the tacticians tower (day 8). Was this the day the first balancing changes were released? If so, they probably did not update the daily special list correctly and with the changes, it got also changed to be correct now.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The list aligns since the tacticians tower (day 8). Was this the day the first balancing changes were released? If so, they probably did not update the daily special list correctly and with the changes, it got also changed to be correct now.
That's when the list diverges from last-year's as well (up to day 8 tactician's tower the same). So I guess on either day 7, 8, or 9 it got fixed then

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Here's the type of situation where I'd envisioned using the orb:

1664667516426.png

It takes 2 flashlights to check most things but the leading row; and if there's nothing much there I can avoid using some of them (plus find out some information on that leading row.

Post-orb:

1664667610694.png

One useless flashlight saved (I would've checked column 2). and one lightbulb I wouldn't have found revealed. (I would've bet on the lone foggy tile being not worth the look).

Maybe a little value in being able to plan how to get that whole right corner.

I think I would've gone forward and then flashlight revealing the long column and then lantern, revealing the toy which I would then have to candle. Not sure if there's a better option. I can reflect on that though :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Next one I'll use:
1664670206857.png
That winding path up top is something i can traverse if I have to, but if I don't have to it saves a bunch of tools. I can also check some fog near the start of the map that I otherwise was going to skip.

1664670281413.png

I'll hope to come back at the lightbulb from in front and otherwise skip the winding path - if convenient I might turn a candle into a flashlight depending how I pick up the lightbulb.

Opted to forego the flashlight:

1664670446541.png

Ice bear

Squire
After update, i have sometimes 2pcs sticker on one screen.

I switch daily special two days ago and i had Horror circus selection kit.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I wish Inno would use the same mechanic for using tools in the labyrinth in the app as in the PC version: take one tool and use available attempts until deactivating the tool.

it drives me nuts to drag desired tool every single time.
and if you're not very accurate, you have to drag more than once :mad:

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
DSs are a bit disappointing. Mass self-aid kit? 15 Fragments for the (not very) daunting tower gets exchanged for .... 15 fragments for the daunting tower. It should not be very hard to ensure that an exchange does not exchange for the same item. Tends to reduce the desire to log onto an already somwhat uninspiring event. And since it is possible to get the cool-looking (but outdated) Mad Scientis Lab through the dolls, a TT or SO upgrade kit would have been much more appreciated. Minor gripes, but the fun-tedium balance is a bit out of alignment.

XIA*

Marquis
I wish Inno would use the same mechanic for using tools in the labyrinth in the app as in the PC version: take one tool and use available attempts until deactivating the tool.

it drives me nuts to drag desired tool every single time.
I'm quite the contrary. I hate the sticky tool. It sometimes results in using the wrong tool because I accidentally click. I would love if the tool disappears when it is used. It's not such a big deal to go back to the tool-base and grab another one.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Also, there would be no indicator what tool you are currently using. On browser you can hover, in the app you can't.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Also, there would be no indicator what tool you are currently using. On browser you can hover, in the app you can't.
Dragging is always so clumsy though - also a big part of why I don't fight much on mobile - no reason you shouldn't be able to just tap to add/remove units from your current army, and yet you have to drag em around.

I imagine if I were a mobile player I'd hate this event just for the interface. Surely they could just highlight the tool in use on the left after a tap so you could tap again.

Edit: this is the perspective from using it on tablet; on phone with a smaller screen drag might be preferable for accuracy, and the screen is small so it's less onerous.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I imagine if I were a mobile player I'd hate this event just for the interface. Surely they could just highlight the tool in use on the left after a tap so you could tap again.
That would solve the problem that you would not know what tool you are using, yes. But there is still another: The display what tiles will be affected. Sure, wo know how they work, but not players, that play the event for the first time. Even if there was an extended tutorial explaining it, you would have to remember how they work and if you don't play the game regularly, this can happen very fast.
So even though dragging might not be the best solution for user advancing, it is the easiest to understand.