• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

CrashBoom

Legend
Only rewards from 1-4 were adjusted.
where is that announced that it starts tomorrow?

the announcement I know
Our team has been working on overhauling the rewards for levels 1-4 along with the preparation of the level 5. We're currently putting finishing touches to the balancing and expect it to become available earliest with when the next Guild Expedition starts.
"we expect earliest next expedion" is no guarantee that changes will happen tomorrow

so no daily changelog for this week yet
and no new GEx announcement

-Alin-

Emperor
where is that announced that it starts tomorrow?

the announcement I know

"we expect earliest next expedion" is no guarantee that changes will happen tomorrow

so no daily changelog for this week yet
and no new GEx announcement

According to Juber, apparently there is no need for further announcement for that, we will discover by ourselves tomorrow.

Last edited:

Beta567

Baronet
I think someone already asked it I can't find the answer. Does Virgo and Kraken work in GE5? Can someone confirm?
Because it looks like someone is attacking you and you are defending. So...?

Kronan

Viceroy
I think someone already asked it I can't find the answer. Does Virgo and Kraken work in GE5? Can someone confirm?

Yes they do @Beta567 . Think of GE 5 as an ATTACKING shell (like you're used to fighting), but with your city defender boosts A/D (BLUE STUFF) instead of your normal attacking army boost (RED STUFF).

As @Emberguard elucidated nicely, you're still fighting from the LEFT SIDE of the battlefield and all your other special tools (AO, Kraken, Virgo) work.

In GE 5 though - you now get help from the DEFENSIVE side of your TerraCotta Army, and now your DEAL Castle/SBC, and ritual flames, Tactician Towers etc are helping you with your warrior BOOSTS. Basically - anything BLUE (vs RED).

Go to your town hall and click on the BOOST OVERVIEW tab - review your CITY DEFENDERS section. That will tell you what's helping you. Then you can laugh :)

So yes, it's an offensive shell, with your defensive (BLUE) A/D boosts.

OH yeah - you still go first if you use some soldiers with special skills (Strike Team, etc), which is important as some of your warrior special skills and strategies can help you win, just like in your PURE offensive attacks.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yeah, maybe they are coming, I think it will be a bit of testing untill things will be changed.
Probably at least want to see a week over week change:

- how many people that did it the first week decided it wasn't worth doing a second?
- how many people have started building defense and may be progressing towards being able to fight some/more of it even if the whole thing is a ways away? how fast are they moving in that direction?

bornempire

Steward
Boycot the new level V

I feel the adaptations have to be very impressive tomorrow, if not is better we all boycot the GE V level, like we did with PvP arena. Just stop playing it. That's the only real way to make Inno rethink the design. As many said: for years many cities are driven to build up their attack bonus.

So to now suddenly introduce a 'highest level' where you need over 2000% defense bonus simply doesn't make sense. I see people in panic now adding St. Basil and Terracotta Army, but having both on level 100 won't bring you anything near what is needed to have a chance.

If you launch something where the costs are much higher then possible rewards... Who of the designers team really felt that is a bright idea? My team had a long row of winning Gold Trophy by always aiming for having all members GE64 done. That's not possible to make that work for GE80.

We still struggle with the setback of the reduction of max attrition. Only members with very high end attack GB can do loads of fights. So, is the idea they sell their attack GB and replace for all that lousy ritual flames to make the chance to win even smaller?

I see people are spending much less time then before on playing on beta, you can burn attrition in max 30 minutes.

Let's boycot GE V. It's a dead end street. One asking you to walk to Rome and offering you for years always faster cars. And then, when you almost entered the Colosseum they change the rules and take of all your armory and then tell you, you first have to make a roundtrip on bare foot around the globe to win.. a few coins. Hunger and sorrow are on the way. This game design is only for the rich and wealthy, not for the common people.

Boycot GE V.
bornempire, founder Arctic Sunrise

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
As much as I don't like the current level 5, I can't stand having their opinion imposed on me.
I was thinking of not doing EG 5 this week, but just to boycott your boycott, I will.
Do you really think it shows intelligence to suggest players don't go lvl 5 to get what YOU want?
Your dictatorship is just as childish as Inno's current outlook.

If players have to drop this level, let them, don't give Inno an excuse that it's because of this kind of request that the numbers are going down.

BeeVee

Squire
Kraken does work in GE5.
I'm not sure about Virgo. I noticed that the number of tries lowers after a succesful encounter, but I never saw that half the first wave was destroyed.
Test sample 9 tries. I could be unlucky ... or GE5 is excluded just like neighbours or PvP.

Beta567

Baronet
The idea of defense in an expedition is to tell a man who left Europe for America that the ticket is no longer valid, and that he should swim to the east.
There is no room for defense buildings in the city, and no GB for 3000 percent defense.
This is not quite true. We have space actually but no one wants to rebuild their cities. By bringing defense in the trends Inno is telling you that you need to balance your city and take half of your attack power and replace it with the defense. Is it possible? Yes. Do people want to do it? Probably no.\

and btw if you llok closer at the military GBs you will see that we have Zeus, CoA, CDM for attack and Deal, Basil and TA (for both) for defense so not as bad as you are saying.

bornempire

Steward
As much as I don't like the current level 5, I can't stand having their opinion imposed on me.
I was thinking of not doing EG 5 this week, but just to boycott your boycott, I will.
Do you really think it shows intelligence to suggest players don't go lvl 5 to get what YOU want?

If players have to drop this level, let them, don't give Inno an excuse that it's because of this kind of request that the numbers are going down.
Great! At the end of the week you will end with 10 K less goods. That won't harm me nor Inno. So go ahead on boycotting Deadpool!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
At the end of the week you will end with 10 K less goods.
Cooooool!
I didn't know what to do with tens of thousands of each of my goods!
I produce about 4,000 a day, I just have to find another way to spend my excess for the week.

I repeat it so that even you are able to understand it: I am not saying that level 5 is perfect, nor that it is impossible to do. I think we are close to a system that will finally not overflow everything, especially in the facility. It takes difficulty and that, as in any management game, that we assume our choices instead of accumulating almost without doing anything all the elements of the game.

When the arena and the GbG came out, we could read that we would run out of troops. Strange because with an alcatraz that doesn't reach lv 80, I have over 30k rogues in storage.

What you can't stand is that you find that your current city/management does not allow you from the first week to finish a new feature. Instead of questioning yourself while waiting for a redesign from Inno, you are crying out for a boycot!
And if we have the misfortune not to share your opinion, we are automatically entitled to your sarcasm.
It's really pathetic.

Actually it's funny because your say a boycot is childish, but your reaction is also childish. Always first look in own heart.

Yekk

Viceroy

If the players decide not to do GE5 within their guild guilds will stop opening that level. Better Inno stops their madness now before it goes to live and gets trashed by the rest of the world. I am awaiting what Inno does tomorrow but lean against what has been brought out. It was poorly planned, lacks any semblance of reality, hurts more players than it helps, breaks the game for most players. It is Inno putting a ring through the players noses and attaching a rope.

Last week many in my guild did GE5 but as far as I know I was the only one not to use negotiations, I fought and beat every encounter. For that I got some frags that if the "balance" is as terrible as GE5 is will never be used......... Many players will self boycott My guild has said GE5 is not a requirement of being in it. We have 230 gold flags here on beta. THAT IS TELLING...