• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

Woow Yekk, how many boost do yo have for your defendingg army that you beat every encounter via fighting? Woow, impressive !
At first I was happy to see a nice looking GE V "Jungle"... mostly Inno Games created nice designed buildings to be honest...and it's just because it's very nice looking...that it hurts even harder how freaking annoying high the boost for enemy is, even for the first encounter...
My suggestion still sounds like : please Inno, create brand new 5 jungle-like-units for both AI and players and give a nice Jungle-battle-field :)

-Alin-

Emperor
Despite of all the changes and boycotts that are happening here, we will open level V no matter what it will happen.
Who wants to do it, will do it, who wants to preserve his goods and units/boosts from inventory will just avoid level V untill further changes.

We will not ask anyone to do the level 5, many in our guild did this level out of curiosity but after they found how much they had to pay, some of them already decided will no longer try it second time.

So that's most probably what is InnoGames waiting for from next weeks of testing, seeing how many people will quit/abandon it or how many will just try to adapt to these changes.

I don't like the costs just for what it offers, while for others these Buildings from level 5 might appear good, well, for me aren't, speeding 40k goods just for a 28 days building and maybe the other one of 3x2 is not one of the brightest idea.
As for the defender stats required, are the equivalent of attrition 106 in GbG for last fight, I will get there eventually in 2-3 years gathering buildings that are giving combined defender/attacker(blue+red) stats.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Last week many in my guild did GE5 but as far as I know I was the only one not to use negotiations, I fought and beat every encounter. For that I got some frags that if the "balance" is as terrible as GE5 is will never be used......... Many players will self boycott My guild has said GE5 is not a requirement of being in it. We have 230 gold flags here on beta. THAT IS TELLING...
I remember reading the same threats to the arena but Inno kept it.

I've read about the same threats for GbG too, but if (or when) the nerf comes live, the game will continue.

The only vexing thing for you is that you do not agree to succeed the first time in a novelty and that until proven otherwise you only offer "win more" or "redo the fights as at level 4". It's true that it worked so well for GbG where it's not uncommon, NOW, to see players pass 120 attrition, even though it was supposedly impossible when they left.

Boycotting will not allow Inno to correct its mistakes.
Proposing solutions without testing the game is just as useful as holding your breath to show your anger.

Una Queen

Squire
I will get there eventually in 2-3 years gathering buildigns that are giving combined defender/attacker(blue+Red) stats.
with the new trend of event buildings (based off anniversary event and wildlife event) I will have tons of buildings with red+blue stats in 1 within 6 months - a year and Ill be able to do 110+ attrtion in gbg and be able to complete ge5 without compromising space for buildings that only give city def. I had this thinking that you said about a couple days ago so I agree with you :)

blueskydwg

Steward
No.
It will stay several weeks on beta for testing upon its release for live servers.
Or, for further testing they might deploy it on EN like they did in the past with PvP arena but that depends on the data they need.
Thanks - wonder if they will be making the changes to rewards in level 1 thru 4 starting tomorrow on the live servers or still just in Beta.

To be honest I don't think boycot is the solution...Giving as many constructive suggestions and comments is a solution, althougth I also did that at the time Inno had created Moghul Settlement on beta, but nothing they did changed: the beginning of Moghul is still freaking annoying SLOW! I also gave suggestions for PvP Arena, again...I had the strong feeling I was just talking to a Wall ...
But we may never give up? Hmm...If the design of FoE wasn't my cup of tea, then I had already stopped playing it for years, but I play it since 2016...

Yekk

Viceroy
I remember reading the same threats to the arena but Inno kept it.

I've read about the same threats for GbG too, but if (or when) the nerf comes live, the game will continue.

The only vexing thing for you is that you do not agree to succeed the first time in a novelty and that until proven otherwise you only offer "win more" or "redo the fights as at level 4". It's true that it worked so well for GbG where it's not uncommon, NOW, to see players pass 120 attrition, even though it was supposedly impossible when they left.

Boycotting will not allow Inno to correct its mistakes.
Proposing solutions without testing the game is just as useful as holding your breath to show your anger.
GBG changes did not make live did they? Reality bites...

Arena is played by a minority of players most of which just do enough to get the lower rewards. It is a personal addition with no guild advantages.

GE is just the opposite is it not? It is suppose to show the best guilds and what they can do. BUT if the players won't play GE5 it stops doing that. More than 2/3's in my guild finished GE5 last week. I wonder how many will this week? Some are team players and will continue to take the hit for the team but grumbling was such that 2/3's at 80 is not sustainable. Many do not want to do endless CF questing for goods. Many hate using negotiations at all. Most do no have access to an age lower goods which in some ages can not be bought in the market for any price.

All of the above should have been addressed by Inno before GE5 was released. As is usual they were not.
If players decide not to do it is not up to you or me but to the player.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
GBG changes did not make live did they? Reality bites...

Arena is played by a minority of players most of which just do enough to get the lower rewards. It is a personal addition with no guild advantages.

GE is just the opposite is it not? It is suppose to show the best guilds and what they can do. BUT if the players won't play GE5 it stops doing that. More than 2/3's in my guild finished GE5 last week. I wonder how many will this week? Some are team players and will continue to take the hit for the team but grumbling was such that 2/3's at 80 is not sustainable. Many do not want to do endless CF questing for goods. Many hate using negotiations at all. Most do no have access to an age lower goods which in some ages can not be bought in the market for any price.

All of the above should have been addressed by Inno before GE5 was released. As is usual they were not.
If players decide not to do it is not up to you or me but to the player.
GBG changes also haven't been cancelled (removed from beta). Rather they're "waiting for more changes". The fact that they're not removed from beta I'd take as a near-guarantee they will go live - just with something "more" than they are right now for changes.

Arena is a flop yes - but it actually feels not awful in early ages. and *if* inno gets people to start building defense for another reason (because it serves no real purpose in arena), it might get more interesting. maybe. not holding my breath.

As for GE, you have a more glowing view of it than I do as far as the existing GE4 goes. I don't really feel it shows anything of meaning right now. If GE5 is something only some people can/will do, then it might have a little meaning.

Yekk

Viceroy
GBG changes also haven't been cancelled (removed from beta). Rather they're "waiting for more changes". The fact that they're not removed from beta I'd take as a near-guarantee they will go live - just with something "more" than they are right now for changes.

Arena is a flop yes - but it actually feels not awful in early ages. and *if* inno gets people to start building defense for another reason (because it serves no real purpose in arena), it might get more interesting. maybe. not holding my breath.

As for GE, you have a more glowing view of it than I do as far as the existing GE4 goes. I don't really feel it shows anything of meaning right now. If GE5 is something only some people can/will do, then it might have a little meaning.
My main live guild is stronger in GE than my beta one is. Both normally win the gold trophy most weeks. We, on live, are in the 130's 9 weeks out of every 10.. It is made up of friends and family mix with a social context. GE5 as is will not be accepted on my live guild. There as here we will probably open it every week but since Neg's are needed by most players so few will finish it. That totally negates the prize system. A prize that take 2 or more months to get is useless inventory trash.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
A prize that take 2 or more months to get is useless inventory trash.
So if GbG comes to live servers, like it is on beta, no more members of your guild will be doing GbG? What's the point of getting elephant buildings that need 200 shards that you will no longer earn per hundred per day!

Yekk

Viceroy
So if GbG comes to live servers, like it is on beta, no more members of your guild will be doing GbG? What's the point of getting elephant buildings that need 200 shards that you will no longer earn per hundred per day!
off topic but Inno saw the drama. Lets stick to talking GE with analogies (GBG) used within that huh

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Dear Kings and Queens,

Following the release on Beta of Guild Expeditions 5th level, we have seen a lot of questions and concerns about its difficulty. We would like to take a moment to clarify the design intentions behind this new level.

One of the main objectives of this new level is to add content to the game, able to provide a real challenge. This is why we shaped it around defense bonuses and why it is meant to be very difficult to complete right now.

With the inclusion of upcoming new sources and the strategic use of those, you will be able to gradually improve your defense bonuses over the course of the coming months. It is meant to be a marathon and not a sprint.
We really want to provide you more memorable experiences in Forge of Empires and this is one step in that direction.

Thank you for the early feedback you have shared on this feature so far, we hope you can understand this new approach. Keep sharing your feedback here!

Your Forge of Empires Team

While I approve of the sentiment, and will not be one of the rioters if balance stayed the same, I would like to point out once more that for Space Age players the "defense marathon" is twice as long even though they're essentially starting from the same spot and the best building defense bonuses do not scale well with age.

And that the "choice" between defending and negotiating GE5 leans much harder towards negotiating in those ages because of it. It's going to take more than just a few upcoming prizes to make defending an option even for the first encounter in SAJM.

Yekk

Viceroy
While I approve of the sentiment, and will not be one of the rioters if balance stayed the same, I would like to point out once more that for Space Age players the "defense marathon" is twice as long even though they're essentially starting from the same spot and the best building defense bonuses do not scale well with age.

And that the "choice" between defending and negotiating GE5 leans much harder towards negotiating in those ages because of it. It's going to take more than just a few upcoming prizes to make defending an option even for the first encounter in SAJM.
So true... Keen eye in the higher ages was put on to space age troops to counter the high A/D and other GB pluses of some players. The inverse now applies to players in those ages who will have the lower A/D for GE5. Best fighting technique goes out the door when 2400 attack hits for double damage.