• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

nice2haveu

Baronet
Dear Kings and Queens,

Following the release on Beta of Guild Expeditions 5th level, we have seen a lot of questions and concerns about its difficulty. We would like to take a moment to clarify the design intentions behind this new level.

One of the main objectives of this new level is to add content to the game, able to provide a real challenge. This is why we shaped it around defense bonuses and why it is meant to be very difficult to complete right now.

With the inclusion of upcoming new sources and the strategic use of those, you will be able to gradually improve your defense bonuses over the course of the coming months. It is meant to be a marathon and not a sprint.
We really want to provide you more memorable experiences in Forge of Empires and this is one step in that direction.
Dear @Juber,

We are very much welcoming any new change to our game. Only thing bothering much is, those changes given at the cost of players imbalance where new players struggle to reach GE4 itself but new feature added as GE5 which doesn't fit that too as a defense boost. Here, to compete GE4, they need to work hard in the city to get pass GE4 and once it happened, the hardwork they put on the city to cover GE4 doesn't help a bit on GE5. Maybe 3 or 4 years to use this feature is the rough assumption.

Instead, bring new special guild expedition for defense from guild levels 1-5, where everyone can shape their city however they want and Add GE5 on attacking army boost guild expedition too. One guild expedition will be like classic approach with attack boost having 5th new level and another new expedition add to the city with defense boost from level 1-5 having fortification concept.

Next counter argument, by bringing new expedition also player need to do some more work in the city. Definitely yes, but they able to grasp their improvement on defense expedition gradually from level 1 to level 5.

Final argument may be, people won't play this new expedition and rely on attack boost only. This can be compromised by bringing tempting rewards on New defense expedition.

Hope, these will reach Dev's and gets an implementation procedure for it.

Best Regards,
Nice2HaveU

We really want to provide you more memorable experiences in Forge of Empires and this is one step in that direction.
I am not sure whom to blame. Already guild (from live server) started to split the guildmates based on the boost efficiency and whoever not willing to do GE5 requested to move on lower guild (friendly guild) with an agreement to help on gb 1.9thread. Ofcourse, very memorable change since making the players kicked out of the guild for a new feature inclusion.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
I am not sure whom to blame. Already guild (from live server) started to split the guildmates based on the boost efficiency and whoever not willing to do GE5 requested to move on lower guild (friendly guild) with an agreement to help on gb 1.9thread. Ofcourse, very memorable change since making the players kicked out of the guild for a new feature inclusion.
:eek:

Very early prep call from guilds.

Emberguard

Emperor
It is far too early to be splitting the guildmates up. It is quite likely there'll be a rebalance of GE 5 before it ever reaches live, so I would be waiting for that before jumping to a decision on who goes to what Guild

See updated explanation for GEV difficulty here.

Well, I agree with that as I wrote earlier:
I'm reading all these whining about "how terribly difficult and impossible this level 5 is" and I'm thinking to myself: what did you expect? Another farm like GBG? That you would just "swoop in" to this level and bang it just like that?
Level 5 is supposed to be difficult! And it is very good that it is, because on 4 I was already falling asleep, just click, click, click, and the end.
I'm very glad that the new level is challenging, because these challenges in FoE are less and less even for me, not so extremely advanced player at all.
That you have to spend a lot of goods, or rebuild a city? That's a very good thing, too! Don't you get bored with pointless clicking on GE or GBG with 1,000,000% attack bonus?
Too bad there is no "Dislike" button. , I would have some fun watching TOP players click "thumbs down" under my post. :p

2569% enemy boost (in SAJM) is not difficult (and in Titan age it will then be higher)
that is insane :eek:

99% of the players wouldn't be able to beat that with using attack boost
but even worse: we must use defense boost
That's what I call "challenge." In the beginning even GE 1 was " insane" for me, now GE 4 is just "clicking through", so I want a new challenge.

I hope it won't be just for a while, that INNO will come up with more challenges forcing me to rethink / rebuild the city / change my approach and meet new ones. Otherwise this game will just become boring and I will leave it.

-Alin-

Emperor

Devilsangel

Baronet
Changing a city you've been building for years spending your time/diamonds/money to make it great for this game, for the challenges this game brought your way....and all just because the developers decided to go a different route 11 years after...this isn't a worthwhile challenge, it's a timeconsuming money grab...they outright say it is in their announcement...
"With the inclusion of upcoming new sources .....you will be able to gradually improve your defense bonuses over the course of the coming months"

zookeepers

Marquis
2569% enemy boost (in SAJM) is not difficult (and in Titan age it will then be higher)
that is insane :eek:

99% of the players wouldn't be able to beat that with using attack boost
but even worse: we must use defense boost

precisely saying, 2569% attack boost for the enemy army is difficult but able to deal with. You can collect those ritual frames, which is pretty available in number.

2569% def boost for the enemy army is insane... or impossible in other words. Inno has never given us any chance to build up attack bonus for the defenders that high. Simply, there are no choice at all.

A problem is that Inno seems not to be providing it at the current event, the planed one, or in GEV itself, fragmented prizes are too too slow in that purpose.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
are you kidding ?

5 fragments at encounter 16 ? (bug ??)

30 on the other 3 big encounters together

level 1 kit needs 180

makes 35/180 !!!

should be 30 in encounter 16!!!
would end in 60/180 or one kit every 3 weeks

and btw: no diamonds on level 1 o_O
Yes, this level 1 does not look promising with the diamonds gone, and only a kit every 3 weeks assuming #16 was a typo on their part. Assuming the other 3 difficulties got the same treatment that may kill some people's temptation to even look at 5 :p nothing they want from the first 4.

Edit: Also, no ToR blueprints...

Emberguard

Emperor
are you kidding ?

5 fragments at encounter 16 ? (bug ??)
It's a Lvl 4 selection kit needing 720 fragments too

image.png

So either that's a bug, or the end encounter on every level is that same selection kit, hopefully with more fragments than just 5 for each subsequent level

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's a Lvl 4 selection kit needing 720 fragments too

image.png

So either that's a bug, or the end encounter on every level is that same selection kit, hopefully with more fragments than just 5 for each subsequent level
So then 6 weeks per lv 1 kit. Them upgraded faces and gates need to be controlled!