• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9410

And I get, that some play other way than me. I respect their choice - I don't know why some of them can't respect simple truth, that their way isn't efficient, though it may be fun for them.

I think that JTrucker's point ( and i agree with him ) is not that some people dont respect your truth that their game isnt technically efficient, its that they want it to be fun as well, and sometimes fun and efficiency dont go hand in hand.
But although from the efficiency point of view, you may be correct, it does not mean they are playing wrong.
Once again its all a matter of each players perspective and their personal priorities for their game.
This is why i believe 1 player cannot tell another that he/she is playing wrong, because their goals may be different.

DeletedUser

I think that JTrucker's point ( and i agree with him ) is not that some people dont respect your truth that their game isnt technically efficient, its that they want it to be fun as well, and sometimes fun and efficiency dont go hand in hand.
But although from the efficiency point of view, you may be correct, it does not mean they are playing wrong.
Once again its all a matter of each players perspective and their personal priorities for their game.
This is why i believe 1 player cannot tell another that he/she is playing wrong, because their goals may be different.
Jeeez. First of all, as I said before, I respect different playstyles. I AM not saying they are wrong - just not efficient. And they don't have to be, I get that, seriously. Now - would you be do kind to give me right to express my opinion, based on facts? Because that is a fact, that goods can be bought for FPs and they can be made by tons without using goods buildings. In every era, actually, but most efficiently from ME - that is my opinion, not a fact, for a change :)

Emberguard

Emperor
Also depends on Age as to how efficient each is.

When VF goods came out they were anything upto twice the value of a FP. 9-16 FPs (Sunflower) -VS- 8-13 FPs (Colourful). Yep - Sunflower is worth more if you're in a age where the goods are just (or more) valuable then the FPs. Although the Aquerus would be even better again if you are a goods seller. Even now you can still get away with selling VF goods for 1:1 to the FP

However if you're not into selling goods, then I'd go with the Colourful as I don't have to make that current all the time for it to retain its value long term.

At some point I would have gone with something well rounded like the Sunflower over something more focused like the colourful. But not so much now as I don't want to have to keep updating things with renos and one ups in order to have use for their goods. If I get to Virtual Future who knows what my focus will be by the time I reach there

DeletedUser5160

Did we start recording the yardage of each player?

Kyle "Units" Watson gives 4 yards for 53 ~ 13.25 balls per yard
Samuel "Fragments" Cambell gives 5 for 75 ~ 15 balls per yard
Noah "Buildings" Wilson gives 6 for 88 ~ 14.67 balls per yard
Brad "Boost" Johnson gives 6 for 86 ~ 14.3 balls per yard
Justin "Forge Points" Garcia gives 7 for 105 ~ 15 balls per yard
Scott "Medals" Davis gives 5 for 74 ~ 14.8 balls per yard
Bryan "Forge Points" Nelson gives 4 for 57 ~ 14.25 balls per yard
Carlos "Blueprints" Ramirez gives 5 for 71 ~ 14.2 balls per yard
Ryan "Special Buildings" Thompson gives 7 for 105 ~ 15 balls per yard
Greg "Special Units" Simmons gives 4 for 58 ~ 14.5 balls per yard

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12SCjtNBBgU_RzuNryeeW0YSvX6EV_w4J5SaG_fzufbI/edit?usp=sharing

Added to spreadsheet. Let me know if I'm missing anything. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8822

Wait, what? The option (player) with better chance to get a daily special also has better yards / cost ratio?

Indeed it does... Well, I failed at this one pretty hard.

DeletedUser5160

Wait, what? The option (player) with better chance to get a daily special also has better yards / cost ratio?

Indeed it does... Well, I failed at this one pretty hard.

:( I did too. Lessons learned for live.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Kyle "Units" Watson gives 4 yards for 53 ~ 13.25 balls per yard
Samuel "Fragments" Cambell gives 5 for 75 ~ 15 balls per yard
Noah "Buildings" Wilson gives 6 for 88 ~ 14.67 balls per yard
Brad "Boost" Johnson gives 6 for 86 ~ 14.3 balls per yard
Justin "Forge Points" Garcia gives 7 for 105 ~ 15 balls per yard
Scott "Medals" Davis gives 5 for 74 ~ 14.8 balls per yard
Bryan "Forge Points" Nelson gives 4 for 57 ~ 14.25 balls per yard
Carlos "Blueprints" Ramirez gives 5 for 71 ~ 14.2 balls per yard
Ryan "Special Buildings" Thompson gives 7 for 105 ~ 15 balls per yard
Greg "Special Units" Simmons gives 4 for 58 ~ 14.5 balls per yard

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12SCjtNBBgU_RzuNryeeW0YSvX6EV_w4J5SaG_fzufbI/edit?usp=sharing

Added to spreadsheet. Let me know if I'm missing anything. :)

You're missing a few (there's 3 at each distance). Sorted by yard efficiency :
upload_2018-12-28_13-7-7.png

The ~1128 calculation is the weighted average ball cost of a touchdown if chosen in yardage order. It stops halfway down because the remaining people would never need to be picked (all 4 yard and all 6 yard players are chosen at that point and at least one of those players will be available).

DeletedUser9611

So it looks like the reason why I'm only going to end up with a lvl8 colossus at the end of the event after doing all the quests is because I didn't track all that info... lol

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So it looks like the reason why I'm only going to end up with a lvl8 colossus at the end of the event after doing all the quests is because I didn't track all that info... lol

even taking the worst possible approach it should cost you no more than 1 TD (1 upgrade).

DeletedUser9410

If i understand this correctly, you have a choice, go for the one which gives the best distance but not necessarily the prize you prefer.
Or go for the prize you want and take the chance you may not get enough distance to win all the upgrades ? ( eg. if one has troops or resources and another has medals, i will go for the medals every time, irrespective of the distance )

DeletedUser5160

You're missing a few (there's 3 at each distance). Sorted by yard efficiency :
View attachment 3682

The ~1128 calculation is the weighted average ball cost of a touchdown if chosen in yardage order. It stops halfway down because the remaining people would never need to be picked (all 4 yard and all 6 yard players are chosen at that point and at least one of those players will be available).

Thanks for the comments. I wound up updating that spreadsheet last night after I used the free diamonds Inno gave for the event.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If i understand this correctly, you have a choice, go for the one which gives the best distance but not necessarily the prize you prefer.
Or go for the prize you want and take the chance you may not get enough distance to win all the upgrades ? ( eg. if one has troops or resources and another has medals, i will go for the medals every time, irrespective of the distance )

Would need to see the new ball counts for all the quests to get an idea of that (wiki may have partially old values before they added more to make lv 10 achievable). In general though there should be some room to work in chests you like. There's not much variation between them other than picking the cheap 4 yard when it's available (Kyle "Units") and picking one or two yard inefficient chests as next priority after that would only bump up the average 10-20 balls per TD on average.

DeletedUser7679

Ugh. I did all the quests up to now & still only have 6 upgrades. Have 400 footballs left & still need like 5 touchdowns (assuming upgrade....skip...upgrade...skip.... upgrade)
So I should of been going after the longest distance? (Lesson for mains)

DeletedUser5160

Ugh. I did all the quests up to now & still only have 6 upgrades. Have 400 footballs left & still need like 5 touchdowns (assuming upgrade....skip...upgrade...skip.... upgrade)

No, yo uwant to go for the shortest distances. The 20 to 30 balls you save per touch down add up.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

you need 1 touchdown rather than 5 if you can finish in bronze. you have 1 upgrade coming from quest 50, and 1 upgrade can come from bronze now.

DeletedUser9410

No, yo uwant to go for the shortest distances. The 20 to 30 balls you save per touch down add up.

Ah, that makes sense, i was only thinking of the distance and not taking the cost into account as well.
Thanks very much, i will be looking at it very differently on the live servers now. :)

DeletedUser9403

FINALLY, an event with Champion's Retreat as daily prize! THANK YOU!

DeletedUser5160

you need 1 touchdown rather than 5 if you can finish in bronze. you have 1 upgrade coming from quest 50, and 1 upgrade can come from bronze now.

Being realistic, that is probably not going to happen in prod when the whales are more likely to try and go for multiple Colossi.

jtrucker

Baronet

This is actually incorrect. You do not want the shortest distance. You want the CHEAPEST per yard distance - the least amount of balls per yard. And that is not always the shortest one. Example:
Antony "Resources" Perez moves 6 yards for 86 footballs = 14.3 footballs per 1 yard
Scott "Medals" Davis moves 5 yards for 74 footballs = shorter and cheaper overall BUT it is 14.8 footballs per yard, so more expensive per yard. Only very slightly, but yes, it will add up at the end.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Being realistic, that is probably not going to happen in prod when the whales are more likely to try and go for multiple Colossi.

Usually on live bronze is likely for finishing the event (there's a lot of people who won't). Silver will require a little diamonds. Gold is for the whales.

Beta it appears you might need to use the free diamonds they gave us for bronze though.