• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

mbk28

Baronet
Hi,
at 10 days after the end, I will not have enough ballons to have the bigger colossus, last year it was easier to make a touchdown, this year I didn't count but it's too many :(

maxbergheim

Squire
Yes, here we go:

thank you willy. unfortunately I see that the garden set is not good, I will not put it. the colossus is good, I hope they will improve the garden set, perhaps it should put 1 point forge instead of coins and happiness, or anyway 2 points forge more for this set of 16 spaces, otherwise it is not convenient to build it

agramer66

Steward
No way to finish the Colossus without dias, here it won't matter much, as we get them for free, but on a main world? No way, we're not talking of a few dias needed...each touchdown requires just too many footballs...
All in all, nice idea, nice building, but...

DeletedUser8887

I play every day and wont be able to complete the colossus with the number of footballs I can earn. the set pieces are poor. I will probably tell my guildmates on the US servers to skip this turkey

jtrucker

Baronet
thank you willy. unfortunately I see that the garden set is not good, I will not put it. the colossus is good, I hope they will improve the garden set, perhaps it should put 1 point forge instead of coins and happiness, or anyway 2 points forge more for this set of 16 spaces, otherwise it is not convenient to build it

Now, why would you think that? I think the garden set is awesome and I was waiting to get particularly that from daily special and only now I'm getting some watchfire upgrades simply for the lack of anything better. If you have the two smaller pieces side by side and attach one garden pool from each side, you get 4x6 set with 10% ATT and 8% DEF in HMA (I assume it will scale with age), so that is pretty good IMO.

jtrucker

Baronet
@WykkenFenn Of course, any multiply is good and I do have enough footballs, I should have aimed for more. BUT, I simply am out of space, being only in HMA on beta and all my diamond spaces were already purchased, I can get a few for medals, but I have no medals. So... It would just sit in my inventory. I'll see what I'll do on my live worlds....

Emberguard

Emperor
@JTrucker every player has a different philosophy / focus

I love gathering goods and will focus on that more then other things while still trying to have a balanced city. Others will place anything that provides FPs and consider non-FP gain useless

Something which may change depending on the age of the player (both in real life and in game)

I'd have to compare it to what I already have in my city to see whether it's worth having or not. If it improves the space, it's worth it. If I have no boosts in my city and need to improve its efficiency, then it's worth it.

DeletedUser9410

@JTrucker every player has a different philosophy / focus

I love gathering goods and will focus on that more then other things while still trying to have a balanced city. Others will place anything that provides FPs and consider non-FP gain useless

Something which may change depending on the age of the player (both in real life and in game)

I'd have to compare it to what I already have in my city to see whether it's worth having or not. If it improves the space, it's worth it. If I have no boosts in my city and need to improve its efficiency, then it's worth it.

Whether its "good" or "not good" is purely a matter of personal perspective.
As the old saying goes, " One person's meat, is another person's poison"

jtrucker

Baronet
@Emberguard Oh, I totally agree with you. Like that fall mill, I took the Sunflower, because it has more goods (with less FPs). I had this discussion here a while ago, arguing with someone who claimed that only FP buildings are good, because you can buy "anything" for FPs. My argument was that if EVERYONE was trying TO BUY everything for FPs, there would be no sellers, so I like balance in buildings too. Nevertheless the simple truth is, that there is only a limited number of ATT boost buildings (unlike DEF - unlimited with watchfire/ritual flame from GEs), so anytime there is a ATT boost building in the event, I like to get one or two - hence my liking the garden set.
But yes, you are absolutely correct that it all depends on play-style and there simply isn't a wrong way to play it, only a different way to play it.
And I do play mostly for free. So even if the Colossus had 50% ATT boost, I wouldn't buy a second one for like 35k of diam. One free is enough for me :)

DeletedUser9410

Nevertheless the simple truth is, that there is only a limited number of ATT boost buildings (unlike DEF - unlimited with watchfire/ritual flame from GEs), so anytime there is a ATT boost building in the event, I like to get one or two - hence my liking the garden set.

Absolutely agree, and if you get enough of them placed just right, you can really get a very good boost

it all depends on play-style and there simply isn't a wrong way to play it, only a different way to play it.
This is an excellent point, and the one i feel many, many players don't get. Lots of them will say you are wrong and they are right just because yours is different. ( i do agree that there may be a "better" way of doing something, but again, that sometimes depends on perspective and the way each individual player wants to play their game. )

And I do play mostly for free. So even if the Colossus had 50% ATT boost, I wouldn't buy a second one for like 35k of diam. One free is enough for me

Again, i agree 100%. Sure, I'd love to have 2 or even a dozen, ( who realistically wouldn't. I mean, I'm crazy, not stupid.;) )
But i'm very happy if i can get the one, at least it's an achievement.:cool:

Frankiedk

Squire
Solving the questline, and the daily footballs you get, you can, with NO Diamonds reach level 9 on the Statue... Nice... What a waste of my time, well you paid me on beta to go through, hence i went through and will leave the base statue and 8 upgrades in stock, if at some point i am lucky and obtain the last upgrade...

Not that the building is bad at level 9, problem its an incomplete building to look at every time i open my city. Tholos of Idols irritates me that i know it goes 2 levels higher, but it at least isn't half done, it still looks like a complete building, the statue doesn't until level 10... Hence the ONLY placement of the Level 9 statue is in stock...

MIGHT do the event on live, as i was able to get 12 WW shrink kits... The only prize i find interesting, but would never in a million years spend diamonds to have the chance to maybe get lucky and win a few. In game of chance, you can get lucky and win 10 in 10 tries, but you can also win 0 in 1000 tries...

But to make me use almost a month, and solve 50 tasks, to finish YET another Event, ending up with a clearly visibly unfinished building is simply, disappointing...

DeletedUser9410

ending up with a clearly visibly unfinished building is simply, disappointing...

One thing about this event i also dislike intensely, hopefully they change it on the live server, if not i wont be building it either.

DeletedUser

@Emberguard Oh, I totally agree with you. Like that fall mill, I took the Sunflower, because it has more goods (with less FPs). I had this discussion here a while ago, arguing with someone who claimed that only FP buildings are good, because you can buy "anything" for FPs. My argument was that if EVERYONE was trying TO BUY everything for FPs, there would be no sellers, so I like balance in buildings too. Nevertheless the simple truth is, that there is only a limited number of ATT boost buildings (unlike DEF - unlimited with watchfire/ritual flame from GEs), so anytime there is a ATT boost building in the event, I like to get one or two - hence my liking the garden set.
But yes, you are absolutely correct that it all depends on play-style and there simply isn't a wrong way to play it, only a different way to play it.
And I do play mostly for free. So even if the Colossus had 50% ATT boost, I wouldn't buy a second one for like 35k of diam. One free is enough for me :)
That "someone" was me, I think. And I am still right - you just don't get or don't want to get where from come these sold goods... (not from Mills, Tholoses, that's for sure).

And I get, that some play other way than me. I respect their choice - I don't know why some of them can't respect simple truth, that their way isn't efficient, though it may be fun for them.

Emberguard

Emperor
you get 4x6 set with 10% ATT and 8% DEF in HMA (I assume it will scale with age), so that is pretty good IMO
I get that same amount in Iron Age and checking the fan Wiki looks like it remains that way regardless of age. So for your classical garden pool no reason to upgrade unless you absolutely have nothing else to upgrade, need the happiness and can't get it elsewhere.

Still a nice amount of attack though. It's essentially 4x3 for 5% attack and 4% defence plus extras.

The coin boost would be quite profitable by the time you reach somewhere near endgame and more efficient to upgrade the single Garden Statues then a bunch of SoKs for the purpose of buying FPs

While we can compare that to something like Genghis Khans Rotundra at 5-10% attack for 3x3 - the big difference for the size of the set VS the single piece is the extras. The boost for coins and supplies will make a big difference in a city while the pure coins/supplies + 3 goods probably won't mean much one way of the other given the amount of goods is so little

Last edited:

OmegaLee

Steward
All these events have a challenge to get new players excited, and keep the old timers interested.

As of know the grand prize is the only thing of interest to me. It is 4 SoK in space with lots of other goodies attached. FoE is a game of space efficiency. I gain far more with a Colossus.
What is don't want is more of the base from the the last years event. Any chance to get upgraded versions of those? Contestant estate level 2 to replace my existing ones would be nice.