• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Feanor II

Baronet
The Colossus looks cool asf but doesn't really get you much. I think it should have a bit more attack bonus thrown in, and when talking about it to my brother, he suggested happiness be added. I know it's still not a super amazing reward to big players, but happiness seems useful but not a massive leg up to make it be unreasonable for Inno. I think one or both should be added to the colossus.

Are you kidding; 12% attack and 6FP in a 4x4 is pretty sweet IMO. The problem with the event is not the Grand Prize itself (which is terrific) it's the fact that it's impossible to finish w/o spending diamonds. As a diamond-spender it's not a huge deal to me but it does seem like a bit of a money-grab, especially since there's no real good "mid-level" prize to get on your way to the Grand Prize.

Obviously that all goes out the window though if they make the Upgrade a DS

Gindi4711

Steward
Are you kidding; 12% attack and 6FP in a 4x4 is pretty sweet IMO. The problem with the event is not the Grand Prize itself (which is terrific) it's the fact that it's impossible to finish w/o spending diamonds. As a diamond-spender it's not a huge deal to me but it does seem like a bit of a money-grab, especially since there's no real good "mid-level" prize to get on your way to the Grand Prize.

Obviously that all goes out the window though if they make the Upgrade a DS

The problem is not that you need to spend diamonds. It is perfectly fine that Inno games needs to make money and there should be some form of motivation to get some diamonds. The problem here is the insane pricing of almost every thing in this game. I will not spend more than 50$ just to upgrade one single event building 2 levels higher.

Honestly the best way to get my money would be:
.) Introduce some small payments to get players to spend money. Just 2 diamonds here and 3 diamonds there for frequent tasks but enough so my daily income is not enough
.) Players dont want to spend money just to have ingame items. Players spend money to make the game more enjoyable. For example shortening army training times for a reasonable price.
.) Not spending money should be a bit more annoying in some cases. I think the 200 diamonds for blueprints is a good idea, but having a great building later is not such a bit deal. Try to make it a bit more annoying, with a reasonable price to work around that.

So in the current situation of the Colossus I think there should be more footballs so it is possible to get it maxed without using diamonds. Making it a daily price is an option, but I would prefer being able to save the daily price for other useful stuff like I did with the sleigh builder. In exchange the smaller rewards can be decreased a bit. On the first day I got 2 victory towers. I think this is a bit too much.

Well and I agree with the rest that the frequency of events is a bit too high. It is not so much about the number of quests but there are simply too many rewards so the usual buildings are loosing their value. Who needs guild expeditions if you get a 4x4 building with 6FP all the time.

Feanor II

Baronet
The problem is not that you need to spend diamonds. It is perfectly fine that Inno games needs to make money and there should be some form of motivation to get some diamonds. The problem here is the insane pricing of almost every thing in this game. I will not spend more than 50$ just to upgrade one single event building 2 levels higher.

I agree with this. They've made it so pricey to get upgrades some people might just give up on it entirely, and people like me who are willing to spend generously for multiple buildings might decide it's just too expensive. The point of this sort of product is to make it expensive enough for the company to make money but no so expensive that the customer just says "too expensive" and you end up with nothing. I think they pushed their luck a little too far this time. A shame, because offering this building after the Winter Spire should have been a cash cow.

Honestly the best way to get my money would be:
.) Introduce some small payments to get players to spend money. Just 2 diamonds here and 3 diamonds there for frequent tasks but enough so my daily income is not enough

I don't understand this. You buy the diamonds in one shot in a package. How you spend them/rationing is up to you. BTW if Inno did make a lot of tasks require small diamond numbers the "free" players would scream bloody murder.

.) Players dont want to spend money just to have ingame items. Players spend money to make the game more enjoyable. For example shortening army training times for a reasonable price.

Well, the ingame items are typically what make the game enjoyable. I'm happy to spend for Event buildings like the Colossus. If they have the Upgrade as a Daily Special and the "free Event currency" special on the same day I'll probably get a call from my bank asking about suspicious activity on my checking account lol.

BTW you can already shorten your army's training time for free in the Tavern, or if you insist on spending diamonds you can use the "finish now" button.

.) Not spending money should be a bit more annoying in some cases. I think the 200 diamonds for blueprints is a good idea, but having a great building later is not such a bit deal. Try to make it a bit more annoying, with a reasonable price to work around that.

Again, I really don't know what you're going for here. You're either suggesting later-era GBs aren't as valuable (which is nonsense) or BPs are generally more plentiful by the time you build them (which is true)

So in the current situation of the Colossus I think there should be more footballs so it is possible to get it maxed without using diamonds.

I agree, though a better approach would probably be to increase the yards-per-play. It's easier to "hook" customers when they feel like they're getting closer to their end goal.

Making it a daily price is an option, but I would prefer being able to save the daily price for other useful stuff like I did with the sleigh builder.

Colossus Upgrades would be a vastly superior DS to a Sleigh Builder. Not to mention there's room for both. I find it utterly hysterical that One-Up Kits and Reno Kits are both Daily Prizes. Who goes for One-Ups when Renos are available with the exact same acquisition requirements.

In exchange the smaller rewards can be decreased a bit.

To what? Supply packages? Non-premium buildings?

On the first day I got 2 victory towers. I think this is a bit too much.

ROFLMAO

Well and I agree with the rest that the frequency of events is a bit too high. It is not so much about the number of quests but there are simply too many rewards so the usual buildings are loosing their value. Who needs guild expeditions if you get a 4x4 building with 6FP all the time.

I agree we're running out of space. However, I'd rather they find a way to give us more space than cut back on the things we can get. And BTW, "more stuff" is a good way for the diamond money to keep coming in for Inno ;)

DeletedUser8822

What are you ppl even talking about? It's exactly the same event as last year but with a much better reward. Also it seems like you won't even need to waste a province this time.

Feanor II

Baronet
What are you ppl even talking about? It's exactly the same event as last year but with a much better reward. Also it seems like you won't even need to waste a province this time.

This is only true if the Colossus Upgrades are offered as Daily Specials the way PoH upgrades were last year, which is far from a certainty. The Ship Upgrades were never on the wheel, the Mill and Spire Upgrades were never DS's.

DeletedUser5160

The Colossus will stay in my inventory unless I can upgrade to 10. Will hope that they introduce the upgrades as a daily on live like they did last year. If not, will probably just burn all my footballs and get what I can, but still not build it.

Inno, the upgrades are not worth 2k diamonds. Going to flat out say it, you need to reevaluate your pricing. People are going to forget about the event building even exists several months from now and won't know what the upgrade maybe used for.

I also noticed you all stopped updating the daily quests with newer prizes, guess this is going to eventually go the way of treasure hunt.

DeletedUser6484

i'm not feeling good about this event ....it is looking like I will have an unfinished coloseus at the end ! without spending
diamonds ....... over have way now thru quest and already got the 1000+ footballs and mine is only at level 4 don't
how I can get the next 6 upgrades !!!!!!!!!!

Spend some of those free diamonds that Inno gave you for testing...problem solved

DeletedUser6484

• I think the animations are better this year, still not a really good representation of football, but a little improved. Last year, it was all running plays. This year it's all passing plays. Next year try mixing it up with some run plays and some pass plays. Also, try changing up the player formations from play to play.
  • I also think there should be plays where the quarterback gets sacked or some other plays for a loss of yardage! When that happens, you should take away an inventory item from the player. That will help with all the complaints about excess inventory...

DeletedUser5383

I think the animations are better this year, still not a really good representation of football, but a little improved. Last year, it was all running plays. This year it's all passing plays. Next year try mixing it up with some run plays and some pass plays. Also, try changing up the player formations from play to play.
Really?? And the point of that would be? Why not include the cheerleaders prance about after every touchdown, or even have the subs come off the bench to replace players. Perhaps have some ads during each quarter, and a half time show. And I nearly forgot, the players should kick for the extra point (yardage instead for the purposes of Inno game version) after each TD etc etc.
Who cares what the graphics are doing, it's the results that is all that matters

I also think there should be plays where the quarterback gets sacked or some other plays for a loss of yardage! When that happens, you should take away an inventory item from the player. That will help with all the complaints about excess inventory...
I would rather have the excess I can delete rather than not getting a complete set due to having lost yardage, which is just as much a relevant complaint already as are those of excess.

Not being able to complete buildings unless you spend diamonds in the long term is a bad move, only solution for all the half built buildings from previous events is put the upgrades into the daily challenges rewards, perhaps just while the relevant event is running again the next time?
Having a city with half built buildings is not good and it's no skin off your nose Inno to let peeps have a chance to complete their buildings.

DeletedUser9746

what's the total bonus i get (how much % for coins & supplies) in each case:

1- if i build the 4 Classical Garden Statues i have + 1 Classical Garden Patio + 1 Classical Garden Pool

2- if i build 2 Classical Garden Sets

please give me an accurate answer.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Really?? And the point of that would be? Why not include the cheerleaders prance about after every touchdown, or even have the subs come off the bench to replace players. Perhaps have some ads during each quarter, and a half time show. And I nearly forgot, the players should kick for the extra point (yardage instead for the purposes of Inno game version) after each TD etc etc.
Who cares what the graphics are doing, it's the results that is all that matters

Quite a few people cared last year when the graphic looked more like a rugby scrum than american football. This year's is a little better at least.

Feanor II

Baronet
Quite a few people cared last year when the graphic looked more like a rugby scrum than american football. This year's is a little better at least.

I'm not disputing this, but I am curious as to why anyone cares what the graphic is. I'd be happy with an option to turn them off entirely. I care about the substance of the event (i.e. the rewards), not the cheesy cutscenes every time you click a button. Have the offense be 11 guys doing the macarena and the defense be 11 guys alternating between the chicken dance and YMCA for all I care. Just make the Colossus obtainable at a reasonable rate-as in increase yards-per-play, make the Upgrade a Daily Special, or both (preferably both).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well why have it be forge bowl at all instead of event #0176 if you don't care about it representing the theme chosen. Personally I'm satisfied with this year. Yes, it's still not great, but at least it vaguely resembles the game it's supposed to :)

Feanor II

Baronet
Well why have it be forge bowl at all instead of event #0176 if you don't care about it representing the theme chosen. Personally I'm satisfied with this year. Yes, it's still not great, but at least it vaguely resembles the game it's supposed to :)

Event #0176 works fine for me, just so long as I get my 4x4/6FP/12% ATK boost building(s). With a strong emphasis on the "(s)" since yes I am most willing to spend RW money for diamonds to get multiples if the deal is fair :)

DeletedUser6484

I agree with this statement.

Have the offense be 11 guys doing the macarena
I agree with this too. After scoring, I want to see the offense do the macarena in the endzone!

I've played for 5.5 years now and the acquisition of better buildings just isn't the only objective for me any more. That will happen anyway because Inno keeps churning out events and new event buildings so you don't really have to worry about getting good stuff - we all have tons of good stuff in storage. I've always admired the graphics and artwork which I think has always been very good and very creative. I didn't think this event had graphics which live up to the standard Inno has produced in the past so I commented. (I do give credit for some improvement this year) The feedback forum is the place for comments about all aspects of the game not just the comments that represent players' greed for more special buildings.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
About events taking time. I love the Vikings settlement and will sure do it over and over. I may skip quest like Forge Bowl if it mess up my time to much. Having large events like Forge Bowl, Winter event and others with little relax time between is just to much for me.
Who say we have to do all events? Some may skip the settlements, some may skip ongoing events.
As long there are someting to do for all, it's great.

I like the fact, that I need to use my head to finish the viking settlement in time. Some hate that and rather do a lot task, that mess up your turnus of the day. You do not have to do both :)