• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I am now at the daily quests... with not the most effort and a relatively fresh city.

Quests:
- are OK so far - no big road bumps and mostly doable alternatives.

Prizes:
- classical garden set looks nice and I will try to get one complete set + one extra pool, but I am not sure where to put it yet - the space in iron age is just too sparse...

- Colossus looks like a very nice building when fully upgraded. Compared to the winter spires, it seems a bit low key (some attack%+medals instead of 15 goods+supplies+defense%) but not as much effort is needed for this event. On level 9 the benefits the Colossus gives, are also quite OK already, but that there will always be a scaffold, irritates a bit. Since the footballs received per quest did not increase when reaching the daily quests, I expect to see the upgrade as a daily special - otherwise most of the cities will have permanent scaffolds...

Pricing of Footballs:
- 4K Diamonds per upgrade (per two touchdowns) is quite much... [Edit: Winter Event is/was already quite expensive with 2K Diamonds per upgrade]
- should the upgrade not be available as daily, as of yet I do not quite see myself buying the rest of the needed upgrades (about 3 touchdowns ~ 6K Diamonds) - if it was half of that, then maybe...

If Winter was a great Event, this one would be an OK or maybe good Event so far (considering that there are quite some daily specials to be won).

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How many classic gardens pieces are there? Did not see a list of them.

there's 3. a 4x2 and 2 2x2s. one of the 2x2s does not need road, so you just need road along one side of a completed set. the 4x2 offers the attack boost and you can put an extra one on the other side of the 2 2x2 stack if you please. The 'residential' gives 3 goods when fully supported, and the decoration gives coin and supply boost.

DeletedUser9746

Does the bonus on coins & supplies stack? For example if I build 4 Classical Garden Statues next to each other, do I get a bonus of 7% X 4 on coins?

DeletedUser9740

Tholos of idols and pillar heros upgrade as daily special please.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Does the bonus on coins & supplies stack? For example if I build 4 Classical Garden Statues next to each other, do I get a bonus of 7% X 4 on coins?

The bonuses stack - but you can't use the same piece to get bonuses from the set. A classical garden statue needs to be next to a pool and a patio to get its full bonus - but you can still have 4 of em count :)

DeletedUser9050

4k for one upgrade ???

No thanks!

I saw the Colossus and already opened my wallet for a few statues...but it‘s wayy too much!!

DeletedUser9740

I fear this Colossus will be one more half finish building in my storage :-(
only 12 days left and I have not yet done half of the quests :-(
I think they should give out the tholos idols and pillar heroes upgrade (sport related event) in the selection kit, maybe with other options such as goods or store kit just like the summer event.

As there are quite a lot of players Tholos of idols are half way build since much of us miss out the tholos idols upgrade daily special during the soccer cup event

DeletedUser8807

I just received the rebalancing forge bowl footballs, that was sure a nice surprise Thank you Inno. It was needed as it IS very expensive to advance on that football field. I'm up to the 4th upgrade and I've bought a few balls and used all my diamonds, my quests are done except the now dailies, I figure I'm not going to get my Colossus fully built in the end.It takes forever to get a touchdown maybe because I'm not choosing the most expensive player but Honestly I'm not interested in winning ENCORE contestant or athletic quarters.....I was so disappointed when I saw thats what they are mostly offering ......again. Like everyone else why don't they offer something like tholos or pillar upgrades? We do get the garden pool set so why athletic and contestant quarters? The rewards really on the whole are Not exciting.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Too many messages for me to have read all or them but there does seem to be an underlying theme. We mostly agree that the Colossus is a very attractive prize and most of us would like more than one. We also seem to be prepared to actually pay real money to get a second or even third statue but within reason. The current cost at around 4K diamonds per upgrade is simply too high. The way that things are balanced just does not encourage trying to even get 2 statues. I appreciate the current balancing to enable most players who complete the quests to achieve the main prize but there is nothing there to encourage me to spend money to get another prize. You must realize from the popularity of pirate ships that if you give us a reasonable chance, we will spend. I see very few cities with more than 1 of the grand prizes since then. Please Inno, give me a reason to spend money on live servers - there's something I never expected to write - lol.

DeletedUser4379

' . . .the Colossus looks good in every era while a modern football stadium (gimme a VF design!) would look rediculous in lower eras . . .'
You mean like Alcatraz and Cape Canaveral in Iron Age??
Well, I've seen it. One of my friends in Arvahall (Server EN).
**He also has others.**

DeletedUser

You mean like Alcatraz and Cape Canaveral in Iron Age??
Well, I've seen it. One of my friends in Arvahall (Server EN).
**He also has others.**
Show me the event where you can win later era buildings.
We're not talking about Great Buildings here.

DeletedUser8859

Well, the recent Gondola Dock Market building has a very Oceanic Era look.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7931

Can we win another lvl 1Colussus before the end of the event?