• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Virtual Future - Part 1

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7942

Just completed my daily aid.
Aided circa 150 players (f/l, guild, hood)

Got my Dynamic Tower goods of VE. No problem there.

Aside from that, only 2 BPs appeared. They must be aid related BPs because SV gives like at least 5-6 more BPs.

Confirmed. Seed Vault is 100% non-functional in VE.
You don't get BP's from SV but it is tied to Aid itself and we don't know what the %'s are on those as they've never disclosed that as far as I'm aware but it's probably around 2% overall like your level SV so it's possible to go through 150 players and not get anything as it's only 3 over the long term average per day at those variables.

DeletedUser5882

You don't get BP's from SV but it is tied to Aid itself and we don't know what the %'s are on those as they've never disclosed that as far as I'm aware but it's probably around 2% overall like your level SV so it's possible to go through 150 players and not get anything as it's only 3 over the long term average per day at those variables.

What we get from SV is not openly mentioned. But yes, BPs are included and the number of BPs I received in aiding has immensely increased after ı built SV.

I have observed the frequency and amount of BPs and goods that I get from aids since I built SV. I have never had an aiding session that ended up with zero something extra! In this case this gaining zero has happened twice (yesterday there was not even BP) and that tells something.

My expectation is that there is minimum:
1× 4 of each goods
5× BPs
2× coins
2× supplies
2× medals

It is very rare that I got 1× 4 of each goods to be honest. Usually 2× or 3×! But I stated as minimum.

Therefore, even though what you suggest according to a percentage sounds logical, I have the estimation of almost a year of experience with a fixed level 4 SV that says there is something wrong with SV's functionality in VE.

qaccy

Emperor
@Tiraje
BPs are not attached to the Seed Vault. You're imagining a correlation there when you say the amount of BPs you receive after building one is 'immensely increased'. Seed Vault provides bonuses that you normally cannot get without one, and are thus easily observed. Goods, medals, coins, supplies, and diamonds. While it's possible that the Vault as a whole currently isn't working for players in VF, I want to stress that BPs in particular have never been a part of its rewards.

Anyway, regarding the actual new content...I'm not particularly excited about the new units, as none of them look to be impactful enough to stand up to the vast selection of OF units we have. I will point out, though, that Contact still works for the Augmented Samurai even with it having a range of 1. Contact simply means that the unit can retaliate multiple times in between turns. If a Samurai is struck by more than one unit from an adjacent tile, it will retaliate against all of them whereas a Hover Tank for example will only retaliate once. I do consider 1 range to be essentially ineffective for a unit in general (unless it has Dragon Breath), but I felt like that should've been clarified that Contact is not inherently 'useless' on a 1-range unit.

The Ninja looks interesting, but underwhelming. It's been done before with the Paratrooper and Strike Team, and unfortunately this one's a copy of the former. Strike Teams at least can retaliate when struck from an adjacent tile, but the Ninja, as a ranged unit, cannot without the Contact ability. Great tool for defenders as they're one of those 'you're definitely going to take some damage from these' units, but beyond that ehhh. At least now with Rogues being mostly phased out in combat thanks to units like Turturrets, Rapid Deployment isn't such a bad ability anymore.

The Ronin Bot seems like a great unit, comparable to the Crab or Octopod (lacking the special offensive abilities of either), and looks like it'll definitely retire the Battle Fortress. Much higher base defense and Force Field is probably at least equal to Reactive Armor-3 in a lot of situations, and you gain all the extra attack power along with it. However, the Hover Tank's probably still better.

The new GB is boring as heck. It's technically a unique effect, but not really. I'm disappointed in this one. :(

Looking through a few screenshots in this thread, I'm seeing a lot of typos/grammar errors in the English quest dialogue. Hopefully these will be cleaned up by the time they leave beta, as while not really detrimental to gameplay, they bug me. lol

Will a unit's speed ever be visible in-game? I had hoped that with the release of VF this might finally be implemented, but that seems to not be the case so far. By now I've come to expect that the three new units are not going to take their turns in the order indicated by their movement, which continues to be confusing to players. Is the Ronin Bot going to move last in each turn of battle like the Crab currently does? Will Samurais move before or after Mantas? These are just two example questions out of many, based on how confusing battle turn orders are today.

DeletedUser5882

BPs are not attached to the Seed Vault. You're imagining a correlation there when you say the amount of BPs you receive after building one is 'immensely increased'. Seed Vault provides bonuses that you normally cannot get without one, and are thus easily observed. Goods, medals, coins, supplies, and diamonds. While it's possible that the Vault as a whole currently isn't working for players in VF, I want to stress that BPs in particular have never been a part of its rewards.

It is possible that I have confused the increase in BPs being related with SV!. However, when that too has become very rare to find all of a sudden (none yesterday and only 2 today) along with SV bonus becoming completely non-existent, I saw a direct connection! In fact, I had always presumed BPs appearing so often during aid had been because of SV! Would like to hear a detailed explanation from the admins about what "extra something" description in SV involves.

However, even if they are not connected, there is something definitely not right with the appearing of ratio-based bonuses in VE.

DeletedUser8150

@Tiraje

Anyway, regarding the actual new content...I'm not particularly excited about the new units, as none of them look to be impactful enough to stand up to the vast selection of OF units we have. I will point out, though, that Contact still works for the Augmented Samurai even with it having a range of 1. Contact simply means that the unit can retaliate multiple times in between turns. If a Samurai is struck by more than one unit from an adjacent tile, it will retaliate against all of them whereas a Hover Tank for example will only retaliate once. I do consider 1 range to be essentially ineffective for a unit in general (unless it has Dragon Breath), but I felt like that should've been clarified that Contact is not inherently 'useless' on a 1-range unit.

The Ninja looks interesting, but underwhelming. It's been done before with the Paratrooper and Strike Team, and unfortunately this one's a copy of the former. Strike Teams at least can retaliate when struck from an adjacent tile, but the Ninja, as a ranged unit, cannot without the Contact ability. Great tool for defenders as they're one of those 'you're definitely going to take some damage from these' units, but beyond that ehhh. At least now with Rogues being mostly phased out in combat thanks to units like Turturrets, Rapid Deployment isn't such a bad ability anymore.

The Ronin Bot seems like a great unit, comparable to the Crab or Octopod (lacking the special offensive abilities of either), and looks like it'll definitely retire the Battle Fortress. Much higher base defense and Force Field is probably at least equal to Reactive Armor-3 in a lot of situations, and you gain all the extra attack power along with it. However, the Hover Tank's probably still better.

The new GB is boring as heck. It's technically a unique effect, but not really. I'm disappointed in this one. :(

Looking through a few screenshots in this thread, I'm seeing a lot of typos/grammar errors in the English quest dialogue. Hopefully these will be cleaned up by the time they leave beta, as while not really detrimental to gameplay, they bug me. lol

Will a unit's speed ever be visible in-game? I had hoped that with the release of VF this might finally be implemented, but that seems to not be the case so far. By now I've come to expect that the three new units are not going to take their turns in the order indicated by their movement, which continues to be confusing to players. Is the Ronin Bot going to move last in each turn of battle like the Crab currently does? Will Samurais move before or after Mantas? These are just two example questions out of many, based on how confusing battle turn orders are today.

Think ur right on almost everything there. Not so sure on bot replacing BF (except where it has a bonus as well) my general feeling of Forcefield has been its too weak except in that circumstance. Reactive arm still trumps unless we get a unit that can ignore it.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know if winner plazas and royal marble gateway (from napoleon event) give +1% attack in VF?
Winner's Plaza:
+4.230 Happiness
+5 % Attack

Marble Gateway:
+1.294 Happiness
+1.294 Citizens
8.400 Coins/24hrs
+6 % Attack

qaccy

Emperor
Think ur right on almost everything there. Not so sure on bot replacing BF (except where it has a bonus as well) my general feeling of Forcefield has been its too weak except in that circumstance. Reactive arm still trumps unless we get a unit that can ignore it.

I did say it's only possible that it'll replace it rather than a sure thing, but I do think the odds are in the Ronin's favor. Unlike the Behemoth and Nautilus, it's got a staggering base defense value. The Octopod's proven very resilient as well, sometimes surviving two attacks (meaning 3 hits to kill) and this is without any defensive abilities. Add in an extra 30 base defense (60 with a modest +100% military bonus) and the -2 damage on all hits from Force Field, and I think the Ronin's going to be able to take quite the beating while also dishing one out...at least, dishing out a stronger one than anything we've currently got access to.

But as I also pointed out, this doesn't really matter since the Hover Tank is still the strongest heavy unit currently and none of the three VF units being released have any way of reliably beating it. Add to that we won't be seeing Plasma Artillery anymore once we move up to VF and it's seeming like Hovers will become even more prevalent than they already are. The strongest counters are slowly being phased out and replaced with units that seem to have forgotten they exist. Ninjas won't be an issue, and they don't even have Contact to deal some return damage unlike Subs; Ronins will never be able to catch up to them as they're (very) slowly whittled down; Samurais may be able to catch up depending on their movement costs, but unlike Mantas their retaliation is easily avoided and there's no fear of additional attrition damage through poison. Don't get me wrong, Hovers are definitely statistically outmatched by now but their defensive abilities are so potent when combined that it doesn't matter. When everything has to be adjacent in order to damage you, you have a significant advantage that trumps just about any statistical edge. Enemies generally just line up single-file, coming forward into the Hovers' range in mini-waves which are easily dealt with. The player might take one or two hits over the course of the battle containing 8 enemy units, using a unit that's now three ages old. Is there any other situation where this is the case?

Also, to be clear, in no way do I think this means the VF units are weak based on this situation alone. Rather, I'm suggesting that perhaps it's time the devs brought out the old nerfbat and took a look at the Hover Tank's current capabilities.

DeletedUser7779

Winner's Plaza:
+4.230 Happiness
+5 % Attack

Marble Gateway:
+1.294 Happiness
+1.294 Citizens
8.400 Coins/24hrs
+6 % Attack
Thank you for the stats!
I see the marble gateway doesn't give +1% attack, as it should if following the pattern.
Could the devs look into this pls?

DeletedUser

Rather, I'm suggesting that perhaps it's time the devs brought out the old nerfbat and took a look at the Hover Tank's current capabilities.

Hover tank´s might be to powerful still, but one good VF unit would take care of that.
If VF at some point give us a unit that has stealth and ignore stealth, hover´s will be nerfed by that unit, and then crabs will be better than hover´s in some battel´s.

Edit: And plasma will play a role again if we get that unit, and turturret will get a nerf

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4446

Can somebody post a screenshot of the army screen where you see the Terracotta bonus applied on a unit?
I'm curious if it counts from the unit's base stats, or from the stats after Zeus etc are applied.

PrinceArthur

Steward
Two new recurring quests say "Buy 15fp / Buy 20fp", but the fp bar only allows to buy 10fp at a time till it's full ... would be nice to have this limitation removed so that the quests can be fullfilled at once :)

DeletedUser7481

Is it true that the bonus of the new big building applies only to the units of virtual future?

Last edited by a moderator:

maxbergheim

Squire
nice buildings.
- I think that with other 5 expansions the city is too big to manage, I think there are too many.
- in the repetitive missions the rewards I think we should give more materials than the coins
- the new GB is super. I think that even if the bonus was only 1% per level, all the ARC players will still grow at level 70 in a few days, and you could put a second bonus of materials
-even the champions of the new era are useless in the game, will only serve to make false points in GVG, you have to change them

DeletedUser7239

nice buildings.
- I think that with other 5 expansions the city is too big to manage, I think there are too many.
- in the repetitive missions the rewards I think we should give more materials than the coins
- the new GB is super. I think that even if the bonus was only 1% per level, all the ARC players will still grow at level 70 in a few days, and you could put a second bonus of materials
-even the champions of the new era are useless in the game, will only serve to make false points in GVG, you have to change them

The more expansions the better, too big to manage? lol
NO, 2% is nice thank you, no more nerfing.
Agree with you in the champion matter.

qaccy

Emperor
Hover tank´s might be to powerful still, but one good VF unit would take care of that.
If VF at some point give us a unit that has stealth and ignore stealth, hover´s will be nerfed by that unit, and then crabs will be better than hover´s in some battel´s.

Edit: And plasma will play a role again if we get that unit, and turturret will get a nerf

Personally I think Hovers should have either their Reactive Armor or their stealth removed. The two abilities combined are much too potent. When Future Era was the final age it was alright, because Rail Guns were still prevalent as a solid counter to them. Now, they're always going to take at least 3 hits to destroy like any other unit with Reactive Armor, but unlike those other units it's also required to actually be able to attack them first. Inno designs new units in something of a vacuum, wherein they only compare units of the same age when designing new ones. There isn't going to be a new unit released specifically designed to counter the Hover Tank, because it's not a Virtual Future unit. It's also pretty unlikely that they do go back and change them, but they did do similar with Rail Guns once upon a time so I'm still holding out hope for it.

DeletedUser

Just an update all,
There is an issue with the Seed Vault and some multi age buildings that are not working as intended in Virtual Future. It is being looked into and will be fixed as soon as possible, thanks :)

DeletedUser5097

By completing Oceanic Future, you have gained control over the entire world map.
This is not true Inno. Did you forgot the lands under the clouds on the progressive, modern, post modern,
CE, tomorrow and future era maps?:p This are places of the world that we don't control yet. So we can't
control the entire world as long they remean under the clouds.;) So what's the plan with the lands
under the clouds?