• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

Last week a new world was opened on the US server. Despite everyone starting there at the exact same time DC's are available there to some players and not others. Some players on this new world now have Rogue Hideouts and Palaces. How is anyone supposed to compete with that?

I understand whats being done is for testing purposes but it's creating a huge imbalance to the game and souring player relations across the board. This has been going on for months in the other live worlds with some having DCs and earning major rewards and others not. However I cannot understand how players in a new world were started off on such unequal footing.

Another new world is set to open and presumably the same issue will happen there as well. Please rethink your actions on how you are handling releasing new content. This is not like incidents. It's like running a constant event with event level rewards at all times for some players and not others. This will not equal out over time.

Players have been talking about this for months, it's damaging the reputation of the game. New players are coming on asking why their friends or guildmates have DCs and they do not. Why would they keep playing after finding out the game had been stacked against them?

Why should anyone pay money during the Winter event to purchase items just so they can try to compete with the free players who have access to DCs?

DeletedUser8722

I am new to the game and forum. I have been paying less than a week. I was able to unlock daily challenges in the research under the title Militia the bottom one one the first column in Iron Age. So if it can be unlocked in research why is it that some people can not get it? This may be a silly question but I don't understand the problem.

DeletedUser

I am new to the game and forum. I have been paying less than a week. I was able to unlock daily challenges in the research under the title Militia the bottom one one the first column in Iron Age. So if it can be unlocked in research why is it that some people can not get it? This may be a silly question but I don't understand the problem.
people who don't have it also don't have it under Militia

or in other words
not everybody CAN unlock DC in the research

why?
because Inno makes stupid test and give it only to a some players

@innogames
can the damage be higher when releasing it now than the release of the exploit of the Oracle of Delphi ?

qaccy

Emperor
j797ax.jpg
[/IMG] View attachment 2796
nice, isn´t it? Same procedure than nearly every day....need a lot of goods (donate and negotiate) and a lot of time....nope...I´ll do something else: ignore :)

30 FP seems like a pretty good reward to me in exchange for those tasks and I'd be all over trying to complete it. If you don't think that's a decent reward then you're probably not one to ask regarding what DC rewards should be.

Last week a new world was opened on the US server. Despite everyone starting there at the exact same time DC's are available there to some players and not others. Some players on this new world now have Rogue Hideouts and Palaces. How is anyone supposed to compete with that?

I understand whats being done is for testing purposes but it's creating a huge imbalance to the game and souring player relations across the board. This has been going on for months in the other live worlds with some having DCs and earning major rewards and others not. However I cannot understand how players in a new world were started off on such unequal footing.

Another new world is set to open and presumably the same issue will happen there as well. Please rethink your actions on how you are handling releasing new content. This is not like incidents. It's like running a constant event with event level rewards at all times for some players and not others. This will not equal out over time.

Players have been talking about this for months, it's damaging the reputation of the game. New players are coming on asking why their friends or guildmates have DCs and they do not. Why would they keep playing after finding out the game had been stacked against them?

Why should anyone pay money during the Winter event to purchase items just so they can try to compete with the free players who have access to DCs?

Meanwhile, other people in this same thread are complaining that DC rewards suck for the effort put in. Who should be believed here regarding the impact of DC rewards?

Anyway, it's also entirely possible that players with Rogue Hideouts received them from those randomly-appearing special diamond offers that pop up every so often (I received one on the third or fourth day, but mine was for a Wishing Well). A set building on its own is worthless; winning a Palace from DCs isn't going to put you miles ahead of anybody because it only produces coins when it's by itself. The Black Tower is basically the Maharaja set compressed down into a 4x5 footprint with lower output, and is certainly more powerful than a single unlinked Palace.

Regarding the money thing, people spend money regardless in a new world. DCs aren't going to let you reach LMA (or beyond) in the first week of a world being open, and they're not going to let you get multiple GBs as soon as you're able to start collecting BPs either. You're making DCs out to be much more game-changing than they actually are if you think they can actually compete with what diamonds allow you to do.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8518

Perhaps it's my bad luck but does anyone else think the FP prize in set chests is a lot higher than 55%? I can approximate that in 20 set chests I've gotten the 10 FP prize 17 times (85%).

Time for a hypothesis test:
Ho: p = 0.55 Ha: p > 0.55

One-tailed test with significance level alpha = 0.05

stdev = sqrt[ (0.55) * (0.45) / 20 ] = 0.1112
z = (observed - expected) / stdev = (.85 - .55) / 0.1112 = 2.70

z-table: P( z > 2.70) = .0035 = 0.35%

Sorry Innogames, I refuse to believe the FP rate in set chests is 55%.

vesgouo

Baronet
Despite everyone starting there at the exact same time DC's are available there to some players and not others.

Agree

sirblu

Baronet
Please l eave any feedback related to daily challenges in this thread.
You can find the announcement with details here.
The Daily Challenges screen once again is not loading properly. See attachment. If you refresh - you are able to see it but it still keeps trying to load from the left to the right making it difficult to read since it will not stay still. Additionally, both chest's arrows are not working properly as when you click on the down arrow it will not scroll all the way to the bottom but keeps going back to the top so it is nearly impossible to see the entire contents of the chest. This happened once before and was fixed and now it is broken again.
DC 10092017 not loading properly.jpg

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I startede on Beta a week ago or so and had my first meeting with DC 5 days ago, I missed the first chest as I think I had to few friends and my taverna was to crappy.
The last one make me some trouble, I need to do 15x 4 hours for my xmas day event and my DC want me to do 10x1 hour, that is a challenge as I sleep 8 hours, work 8 hours and drive to/from work in car 2x90 min but ok, who says I have to success finish this challenges each day.
I like the DC, or what I have seen so far and look forward to see it on my main worlds in Denmark.
I understand some alwas want more and better rewards but that will only make the rewards crap over time. FP are always nice to get.
I like the idea of 2 choice of chests, could make it 3 daily choice of chests, if people are trying to collect something special.
I don't like the idea of rewalding the task before you pick your choice of chest but maybe the chests could have some kind of hint, maybe heavy time demanding, heavy resource demanding, social actions, PvP (could include a task about looting your nighbours) or something like that.
Look forward to see it all over the worlds

FrejaSP

DeletedUser6590

I really wish you guys would offer alternatives to things like completing tech or acquiring sectors on the campaign map. Since there is an end point to this game there are some people that for purposes of getting more enjoyment out of the game or to help their guild by having their treasury donating GB's build up the guild treasury, tend to linger in an age/era. Forcing us to advance either on the map or in tech to complete daily challenges or even story quests just feels like a cheap way to get us to move further ahead in the game at a speed that we don't want to.

What is the point of this?

Would you rather us get to the end of tech and tire of the game quicker and just leave Forge of Empires?? Allowing us to play the game as we wish to play it (especially those of us that support Inno and the game development by purchasing diamonds) should be your top priority. Making us feel less than by not being able to complete quests and challenges because we want to play the game as we wish is one sure way to make someone frustrated and possibly stop playing. Just my two cents of course.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Meanwhile, other people in this same thread are complaining that DC rewards suck for the effort put in. Who should be believed here regarding the impact of DC rewards?

To answer the rhetorical question, both sides are right :) In the context of a new world the fact that i don't have a chance at winning things like 30 FP daily is HUGE and a little irritating. In the context of my oldest world and diamond mines I might well ignore its existence 6 days a week (personally though i'm ok with that - i don't consider daily challenges as being targetted at advanced cities or diamond mines for the most part).

Lionhead

Baronet
Quote from Sept. 12th:

Well.... Really?? Then WHY are you STILL handing out quests like this?

Forge_of_Blacksmiths.jpg

I had that quest the other day, and had no problem completing it without a single Blacksmith. Pretty sure I´m not the only one, so perhaps that´s why.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I believe it's ok, that there will be some DC, you just can do. I missed the one yesterday, as iron age, I could not manage to do 5 fights without loosing. I had already finished 32 meeting in GE and my campaign map fights was to hard for me. Today, I have to do 2 sectors on campaign map by fighting and my fighters are still to weak /low age to do that. It sucks but it is a challenge so it should be easy to do. There will come new days and I will get a chance for that chest an other day.

qaccy

Emperor
@Andi47 It's on you if you choose to use blacksmiths to complete the quest. I'm in OF as well and I'd be able to complete that requirement in less than an hour with no blacksmiths needed. The real question is: Why don't you build some actual supply buildings instead of trying to complain that Inno's 'forcing' you to build blacksmiths?

DeletedUser8404

you can do it on one building
takes less than 8 hours :p
Yeah, assuming you're there for the entire 8 hours to collect every 5 minutes. I'm on disability, can (and often do) play all day, and even I would balk at doing that on a single building (all the more so when DCs are implemented everywhere, since I have 5 cities to manage). :)

Today, I got 40 5-min productions which, considering the number of production buildings I have, is not so bad. But, being a quest-looper, they're all on 24-hour cycles. If the timing of the DC is off one day, then I could be left interrupting a large number of those to complete the DC, not only wasting the intended 24-hour production, but also pointlessly using up production bonuses from my LoA.

In addition to possibly lowering the cap on 5-minute productions, have the devs considered changing the quest to "X productions of Y minutes or longer"? For 5 minutes, that would obviously mean any production at all, but I know there are other production lengths for the DCs. Alternatively, just get rid of production challenges for less than an hour. With fewer for longer, I at least don't feel like I'm wasting LoA bonuses, I probably don't have to interrupt as many buildings, and I'm not wasting large amounts of time renewing baby production runs.

Also, qaccy, I don't see any of this as complaining. This is the forum for feedback, and we're giving it.

Last edited by a moderator: