• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8404

• To ‘immediately delete’ any decoration is very silly. I suppose you don’t play Forge of Empires very much, if you have never encountered the quests or challenges asking you to build decorations, or maybe you just never thought to use those unwanted freebies from your Inventory.
In fairness to the OP, many of the quests that want decorations will take Trees and Obelisks. Sure, they cost a whopping 4 gold or 7 supplies, but I'm willing to make that monumental sacrifice :p just because it's easier to build 10 or 12 of the same thing than to constantly go in and out of your inventory. For the ones that include an age requirement, though, I agree with you completely (though I often forget to use the freebies...but that's just me being absent-minded).

DeletedUser7951

Champions are always of use to anyone who does any fighting
I've never taken a great fancy to them. I'm more a lurker in the bush - shoot them from a far distance in the back kind of girl. I let my champions rot or in a siege army too.

I’m so pleased for you that 30% extra defence boost is worthless to you
If nobody attacks, then really it is useless. I seldom gets attacked either here or on live. And even so, that 30% extra doesn't do much magic tricks when my defence is acting like headless chickens against 7 rouges and a decent player

You might not consider a Victory Tower to be useful
Medals comes from leveling up others GB. Victory Towers are normally used to fill out tiny gaps, if you don't have watchfires. It's not a wow anymore.

use those unwanted freebies from your Inventory.
I assume he has plenty of those from GE anyway, and scrolling to heaps of stuff is so unbelievable boring I've even stopped doing it on live. I should have a clear out as well. GE offers you all the junk you can possible need/want/desire

I've stopped doing the DC unless it's a prize I really want, and then only if I like the challenge. It's just not fun or rewarding

DeletedUser

Champions are always of use to anyone who does any fighting
in the late eras they are terrible:
no hide ability
no reactive armory
no ability to hit hidden units without being next to them
no ability to shot back when hit
not being able to hit more than one unit at the same time
(did I miss a good ability of any unit)

and most important:
costs you points when you attack with them. because it has the highest points so you will also lose more points for any damage they take

qaccy

Emperor
in the late eras they are terrible:
no hide ability
no reactive armory
no ability to hit hidden units without being next to them
no ability to shot back when hit
not being able to hit more than one unit at the same time
(did I miss a good ability of any unit)

and most important:
costs you points when you attack with them. because it has the highest points so you will also lose more points for any damage they take

I don't think a unit's point value is 'most important' when discussing army viability, to be fair. Rail Guns for example are worth almost as many points as Champions are but that isn't stopping anyone from using those (if it was the 'most important' factor then that would definitely be a consideration for their use). Mostly nitpicking here over your word choice, but yeah. :p

Anyway, your assessment depends on which eras you're talking about.

-PME they're great. Use them instead of MGs or whenever there's a lot of artillery on the other side (MGs hate artillery).
-CE they're also solid, but generally not needed because of how good AAs are and how bad the artillery is (otherwise would be a similar situation to PME)
-TE they're the best unit in the age. They'll kill anything in 2 hits and can hit APs from out of range, both things the Stealth Tank can't do (or can't do as easily). With their massive stat advantage, they don't even need the stealth.
-FE they suffer a bit because of how strong Rail Guns are, but they're still a better option in any situation where you don't want to use (all) RGs.
-AF is probably their weakest age. They can still hit hard, but Battle Fortresses are a significant power improvement over Hover Tanks so the gap's much smaller and the bump in Reactive Armor is huge. They also have more range and mobility.
-OF they're about as good as Crabs...take that as you will. They have more trouble against Eels and can't hit Subs as hard but they can outrange Mantas. Of course, all of this is referring to battles where you aren't going to just use Turtles/Hovers anyway. :p

Champions do fall off near the end, but once they become heavy units they stay relevant for a pretty long time (try to have and keep one for each age starting with PME) and they always have the highest or near-highest stats in their age group.

DeletedUser8518

7 Japanese set chests...all 10 FPs

0.55^7 = 1.5%

Just saying...

DeletedUser8518

• Champions are always of use to anyone who does any fighting. Only a very committed pacifist would just delete a Champion instead of use it in an attack. Forge of Empires is not a pacifist game.
  • I’m so pleased for you that 30% extra defence boost is worthless to you. I am sure your neighbours who are attacking and plundering you are also pleased that you just deleted 30% extra defence.
  • You might not consider a Victory Tower to be useful but I have looked over top player’s cities and seen that they often have hordes of the things. Of course, if you don’t want to expand, don’t want to negotiate in the hardest part of Guild Expedition and will have nothing to do with GvG, you don’t need those silly medals, anyway. Quite what you DO in this game if none of that, I do wonder.
  • To ‘immediately delete’ any decoration is very silly. I suppose you don’t play Forge of Empires very much, if you have never encountered the quests or challenges asking you to build decorations, or maybe you just never thought to use those unwanted freebies from your Inventory.
  • I realise that you don’t want to actually be engaged with the game, so don’t need medals, but I am interested in how it is possible to ‘immediately delete’ 100 of them. This is stretching the imagination of your indignation too far.

This will be fun:
  • The only thing I use champions for is placing DA armies in GvG. Since the guild I am in is not a GvG guild, they are useless to me.
  • No one attacks my city on Beta and no one has managed to defeat my defenses. And even if they did, I always collect on time.
  • Yeah about that, I'm in EMA and have already unlocked the 30000 medal expansion from donating to Arcs.
  • Maybe because I have an Alcatraz in my city? And how does a palm tree help for a recurring quest when it's less efficient than other decorations in my build menu?
  • You took my post WAY too literally.
Troll harder next time noob.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8518

I've never taken a great fancy to them. I'm more a lurker in the bush - shoot them from a far distance in the back kind of girl. I let my champions rot or in a siege army too.

If nobody attacks, then really it is useless. I seldom gets attacked either here or on live. And even so, that 30% extra doesn't do much magic tricks when my defence is acting like headless chickens against 7 rouges and a decent player

Medals comes from leveling up others GB. Victory Towers are normally used to fill out tiny gaps, if you don't have watchfires. It's not a wow anymore.

I assume he has plenty of those from GE anyway, and scrolling to heaps of stuff is so unbelievable boring I've even stopped doing it on live. I should have a clear out as well. GE offers you all the junk you can possible need/want/desire

I've stopped doing the DC unless it's a prize I really want, and then only if I like the challenge. It's just not fun or rewarding

Someone here gets it.

DeletedUser8341

Troll harder next time noob.
Corporal, you’ll have to come up with better than that if you don’t want to look like an idiot.

• You took my post WAY too literally.
I see. You didn’t really mean what you said at all. Now I get it: you’re just mimicking a rambling nutcase blowing off steam, just to show up other people who post stupid stuff that shouldn’t be taken at face value. Thanks for clearing that up.

DeletedUser8360

If you cannot donthis when it comes to live then the CHALLENGE is not for you.... that’s what this feature is.... challenging....

They are supposed to be challenging, NOT impossible. I got a challenge today to win 10 battles. Problem is, there are only 9 attackable people in my neighborhood and GE doesn't start until tomorrow. That's not challenging, that's stupid. The feature is still broken until Inno can figure out a way to balance the challenges so that there is at least some possibility of completing them.

DeletedUser7529

Well imagine Daily challenge for people in bronze age - without GE and with PvP impossible for all players in bronze now ;)
New player experience - life in FoE is brutal ;P

DeletedUser

Well imagine Daily challenge for people in bronze age - without GE and with PvP impossible for all players in bronze now ;)
New player experience - life in FoE is brutal ;P
why should someone imagine impossible things ?

to get daily challenges you must research an iron age technology

They are supposed to be challenging, NOT impossible. I got a challenge today to win 10 battles. Problem is, there are only 9 attackable people in my neighborhood and GE doesn't start until tomorrow. That's not challenging, that's stupid. The feature is still broken until Inno can figure out a way to balance the challenges so that there is at least some possibility of completing them.
it is possible to fight on the world map :rolleyes:

DeletedUser8341

Daily Challenges are ok, dont you think its about time to put it in the national servers, what are you waiting for ?
It is already in the en server .. but only for some Inno favourites. Most of us are kept away from them. If there is one thing worse than not releasing them, it is surely releasing to only a few people, just hours after saying “there is no release date”, and giving them all the advantages. Some players on en worlds have younger cities than mine with buildings I have yet to have a chance at winning.

Far from being anything even potentially positive, this is turning the game into a very negative experience for most of us.

DeletedUser8341

...there are only 9 attackable people in my neighborhood...
Last I checked, everyone in the neighbourhood can be attacked. Or do you mean that there are only nine people that your choices have led you to be able to win against?

A challenge is not something that anyone can do regardless of how much they prepared. That’s the difference between a school fun-day race and an Olympic 400 metre race. Almost by definition, a challenge is something that not all of us can do. So long as the variety of challenges gives us all some reasonable chance, I don’t mind if a few are beyond me. If Inno make it too easy, they would have to dumb-down the prizes even more.

Personally, I wish Inno would do the opposite. So long as they don’t ask for things we can’t do regularly, day after day, such as gain more and more sectors or more and more technologies, I could cope with being able to do fewer if the prizes (chance at the best prize) were increased accordingly.

LadyHecate

Marquis
oh you missed a new feature
only players who researched Military Tactics (middle of iron age) can be attacked and attack
Yeah! Hit one of my IA guildies badly as, typically, at least half the 'hood now can't be attacked. Having explored well into the LMA map and with no GE on a Monday she is very limited as to her targets.

DeletedUser7951

Move out of the iron age to avoid this to happen again. <- My solution.
On beta I kinda painted myself into a corner when it comes to fighting. I aimed to skip fighting here, as I can't really focus on two servers. Then I advanced too far into the next era map. Unless there's GE to fight it's pretty impossible. But that's my own fault. My work around skip those challenges. Can't do or win them all. If so they really wouldn't be challenges.

DeletedUser8360

Move out of the iron age to avoid this to happen again. <- My solution.

And this is a perfectly viable solution; conversely, how about including an algorithm that prevents "win x battles" as a challenge requirement until the player is at least into EMA, thereby (almost) completely eliminating the possibility of this impossible quest requirement?