• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

does the things to do depend on the chest you choose ?

and is the 100% easier ?

The 8 am start time is bad for those you play primarily in the evening, giving them little time to achieve the requirements. Expect high failure/no attempt rates from some daily players. I am about to enter Beta for the first time today and I am already 7 hours behind. (Although, in Arctic Future so, it's probably not available to me, yet.)

LadyHecate

Marquis
A couple of questions at this stage:
1. Like above is the 8am start time, Server time, UK time, Local time et al?
2. I see FPs as potential prizes in some of the Chests; will they be awarded as packs or straight to the FP Bar?

DeletedUser8381

I'm playing on mobile in EST, and I'm in Iron Age.

I had the daily challenge on my world this morning, and I found it at 9 am my time. However, there are only 16 or so hours left to complete the quests. Some of these would not have been easy (or impossible) to complete in 16 hours on other worlds, especially my evening collect cities.

I found this to be a pleasant surprise on opening my world. The graphics look good to me (but I have very good color separation and art eyesight, can't speak for color blind people) and the animations operated well. The prizes offered were interesting to choose from, and I was glad to have a choice. Looking at the prizes available in the weekly challenge chest makes me want to be sure to play the next 7 days.

I had:
Research a technology
Collect 40 goods
Collect 6000 supplies

I accomplished all of those in minutes, but only because I left stuff available to do and didn't race through the map and tech tree. I had a tech that was not unlocked, so I got the goods to unlock it. That satisfied some of the goods requirements. I took some sectors which gave me the needed supplies, and fulfilled a story quest. It seems like there's a lot of opportunity to complete these tasks in different ways, so I like that flexibility. Most days, though, this would have been tough to finish quickly. It's a good challenge. I also like seeing the prize options, as opposed to random prizes. I would have been annoyed to get a random blueprint. :)

If I could tweak it, I would say that I would only offer each prize type once per pair of chests. I had a choice of a guaranteed large coin package or a chest with various some other things, so I chose the chest with many things. But i still got coins when I completed the challenge. That's kind of annoying because I was specifically aiming for NOT coins. I would not research a technology just for coins.

I will continue to play these challenges on beta because this is my fun city. I'm interested to see what the challenges hold to see if it works for my more advanced cities. Frequent forcing of tech or c-map movement would make me not complete a lot of days in my live cities. Even one forced tech research a week is far too much. In K-world, I basically wouldn't play this daily quest at all for months while I build up in CA if there were frequent tech forcing. I need to strategically be at the end of CA a good while, which would be impossible with forced research. If possible, I would like to see the OR options that have come up in recent questlines for any map or tech movement. The longer I play my way, the longer foe gets my money. Rushing me through will not help. I'll just stop playing the game sooner. As I've spent a fair bit the past few months, inno wants me around, I promise. ;)

DeletedUser8381

Error note: I completed the quest, collected, and it prompted me again to choose a chest. I did, and got an internal server error. On reboot, the check back later message was up.

DeletedUser

A couple of questions at this stage:
1. Like above is the 8am start time, Server time, UK time, Local time et al?
2. I see FPs as potential prizes in some of the Chests; will they be awarded as packs or straight to the FP Bar?

8 AM Local Server Time.
As to where the FP's go, that's a good question I wish I could answer :D I think they go to the bar, but I will test it later to be sure.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Error note: I completed the quest, collected, and it prompted me again to choose a chest. I did, and got an internal server error. On reboot, the check back later message was up.
LOL! Yep, come back in 48 hours when the Challenge was supposed to be released!

Research a technology
That's a instant switch off and thumbs down from me! Having taken years to get Inno to offer alternatives to Research a Tech and Scout/Capture a Province they just reintroduce it via a back door! I'd be mightily p**sed off if I'd completed six Chests in a row to find the 7th had a Research a Tech requirement. If Research comes up I (and a host of others) will not be doing the Challenge. I'm assuming Scouting will never appear as most take over 24 hours unless there's a guarantee of at least 50 Diamonds in the Chest to compensate?

8 AM Local Time.
Thanks! That will make quite a few players happier!

DeletedUser8381

8 AM Local Time.
As to where the FP's go, that's a good question I wish I could answer :D I think they go to the bar, but I will test it later to be sure.

Ok, if it's 8am local time, then I should not have been showing 16 hours left to complete the quests at 8:30 am. Something is borked there.

DeletedUser8381

LOL! Yep, come back in 48 hours when the Challenge was supposed to be released!

I know it's supposed to be one a day, I was alerting them that it asked a second time when it's not supposed to. :)

DeletedUser

Ok, if it's 8am local time, then I should not have been showing 16 hours left to complete the quests at 8:30 am. Something is borked there.

Server time for Beta is UK time. If you live in the US and collected at 9 AM, you were already 7 to 8 hours behind Beta, so 16 hours would be correct.

DeletedUser16

Thanks! That will make quite a few players happier!
I feel like I need to clarify a bit more, just to be sure that everybody really gets it.

8 AM local server time means - in case of Beta - 8 AM London time.
That is, if you live in Albuquerque, it will be 1 AM your time. If you live in Paris, it's 9 AM, and if you're in Tokyo, it's 4 PM for you.

Hope it's clear now :).

DeletedUser8381

Server time for Beta is UK time. If you live in the US and collected at 9 AM, you were already 7 to 8 hours behind Beta, so 16 hours would be correct.
Ah, thank you, that makes more sense. The US server would then be on my time when this goes live, I assume 8 am est.

DeletedUser8373

To be honest I amquite torn on the idea itself. From one side it is nice addition for those a little bored of daily routine and nice chance to get something extra. On the other side instead of strategy town building game we've got daily challenges game. But I believe you don't ask us what we think about the new feature but how it works. We'll see. I cannot see the answer: where do the fp go? The bar or packages?

DeletedUser

What is the point of this? It's like a mini-special event that runs every day. But we already have a lot of events.
It's like endgame content for people who want to do more than just harvest and dpend FP every day.
Especially these daily challenges - you don't need to care about them if you don't want to.