• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8518

So to start this week:
1) 1 rogue
2) Mass motivation kit (deleted)

Keep them disposable prizes coming Inno :D

DeletedUser8150

So to start this week:
1) 1 rogue
2) Mass motivation kit (deleted)

Keep them disposable prizes coming Inno :D

@Zaroc What about suggesting to devs a 'have every building in city motivated or polished challenge. It would give us some use for those motivation kits that are gathering dust in all our inventories

DeletedUser8341

[re. “...only 9 attackable people in my neighborhood...” and my cooments]
oh you missed a new feature
only players who researched Military Tactics (middle of iron age) can be attacked and attack
Thank you. I hadn’t missed that news but I also had not foreseen the consequence.
This is indeed something Inno need to address, even if as crudely as not giving anyone in BA or IA the task to attack others (while people in EMA might have a few people in their ‘hood still in IA, the number they can’t attack is likely to be close enough to zero).

DeletedUser8341

@Zaroc What about suggesting to devs a 'have every building in city motivated or polished challenge. It would give us some use for those motivation kits that are gathering dust in all our inventories
The problem with that, is that this is Daily Challenge.

As I undestand it, the algorithm picker for the Challenge of the day does no historical look-up to ensure the same task is not being given again and again. Therefore, anything that cannot be completed day after day should not be given as part of a Challenge.

Keeping an historical record that is looked up, to ensure that things which should only be presented once every week or two are not presented daily, would take more effort and more processing (as well as a little more coding) but would allow for much greater versatility in the Daily Challenges.

DeletedUser8341

Try using an App called Puffin. It lets you use the browser version on your mobile device.
I have the Puffin Browser and use it very occasionally. However, Forge of Empires is slow, cumbersome and prone to miss-clicks when using it. It’s not a viable solution for playing a game for enjoyment, rather than as a chore.

qaccy

Emperor
And this is a perfectly viable solution; conversely, how about including an algorithm that prevents "win x battles" as a challenge requirement until the player is at least into EMA, thereby (almost) completely eliminating the possibility of this impossible quest requirement?

Or just attach the entire Daily Challenges feature to a technology and stick it beyond Miltary Tactics, probably somewhere in Early Middle Ages if not even later, to ensure that there's no shortage of targets to attack at least in the neighborhood. DCs are perhaps a feature that shouldn't be introduced to players right away in the first place. Even guilds, the tavern, and the (soon deprecated) treasure hunt are required to be unlocked first, so perhaps this is the route that should be taken for DCs as well.

Keritan

Squire
Since DC started I have finished all but a few. All were challenging, which is good. They should NOT be easy. It should take some serious effort, and you should have some you can not accomplish. The few that I was unable to complete were either because of RL or they were actually difficult. None have been impossible, they were not doable because of choices I made in my game play style and choices I made in my city layout.

Thank You Inno! it is a fun addition to the game.

DeletedUser8341

they have appeared
the daily challenges
but only to the new players
If so, the definition of ‘new’ seems very strange. Players older than I have DC whereas players who started a few weeks ago do not. Yet some few do have DC - and have had it now for months.

DeletedUser8095

j797ax.jpg
[/IMG] t.JPG
nice, isn´t it? Same procedure than nearly every day....need a lot of goods (donate and negotiate) and a lot of time....nope...I´ll do something else: ignore :)

DeletedUser5429

I must say that I'm beginning to get tired of DC too. Although there seem to be some good rewards (maharadja set, zen garden set...), the chances to win them are so small that you "always" end up with getting the less interesting reward.
And with the current quests you need quite a lot of free space in your city to fulfill the quests requirements, space that - since the rewards are only very rarely great - could probably be put to better us. :(

DeletedUser8341

...Although there seem to be some good rewards (maharadja set, zen garden set...), the chances to win them are so small that you "always" end up with getting the less interesting reward.
But not always, as you realise. How many Maharaja Palaces do you think a player should be able to win through DC in a Year?

They could offer it just once a year and make it a 100% chance but I think that would be boring and if you missed that one chance, tough luck. They could offer it twice a year with a 50% chance. That would still upset some people, since they don’t accept that 50% chance of a good prize means 50% chance of a not-so-good prize. They could offer it 4 times a year at 25% .. but all the grumbling of not getting the top prize seems to miss any discussion of just how often, at what chance, they think should be on offer.

I have a Cherry Garden piece (can’t remember which one), an Elephant Fountain and a Palace piece (again, can’t remember which piece); they are in my Inventory and I look forward to later in the year when my persistence with DCs — I work to win about 80% of them and just don’t attempt the rest — pays off with enough set pieces to put in my town.

DeletedUser8720

I completely understand not making the "better" prizes easy to win, my only concern is that I complete 4,5,6 tasks within a daily challenge that are rather challenging and win the lowest prize receiving 10 FP? Hardly worth the input of time and resources often times needed. At least make the lowest offer still some sort of FP, coins, supplies worth more than the 20 secs it might take me to purchase those same FP rewards with coins...