• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
I'm done with the daily challenges. I never get anything but the least desirable reward - which I was coping with. I just looked at the one with the highest percentage and decided if the quest was worth it. Today there was a 45% chance of 10 FP but there was also a Drummer school and some rogues and a rogue camp. I knew the rogues wouldn't happen but went for the quest to get the 10 FP. You guessed it! I got the useless drummer school. Another prize to delete! What a colossal waste of resources!

Qaccy, Are you a player or an Inno employee? (Sincere question - not sarcasm) You seem to be so defensive about every comment or suggestion people post. Just wondering why? We post our suggestions and concerns and frustrations in an effort to improve the game and to make it more enjoyable for the players when it goes live. You repeatedly shoot down people's suggestions and mock their frustrations. Why do you feel you need to defend a game that we all love?

Lionhead

Baronet
Qaccy, Are you a player or an Inno employee? (Sincere question - not sarcasm) You seem to be so defensive about every comment or suggestion people post. Just wondering why? We post our suggestions and concerns and frustrations in an effort to improve the game and to make it more enjoyable for the players when it goes live. You repeatedly shoot down people's suggestions and mock their frustrations. Why do you feel you need to defend a game that we all love?

I can´t speak on Qaccy´s behalf and I´m not an IG employee, but I´m very much on the same page as Qaccy regarding the things I´ve seen him write in this feedback thread.
As far as I can tell most of his comments haven´t been towards any feedback, but mostly towards whining comments and frustrating comments, which hardly can be seen as useful feedback.
I also love this game, but I would hate, if this part of the game will get to easy. And that´s what´s going to happen if IG removes all the quests that makes people frustrated. "Forge of Blacksmiths"? That´s pure nonsense. I have never had a Blacksmith in my city in order to complete any production quests, and I have missed only 3 since the DC was implemented here. And yes, I do hold a fulltime job, and yes I do play 4 other worlds on my national server.
I do believe this is called Daily Challenge for a reason, and not Daily Chore.

DeletedUser8341

Can we also get feedback from the Mods as to why there has been a limited roll out of Daily Challenges to the Live servers so that some players on a world have access to them whilst others on the same world do not?
Meanwhile, I am getting hammered by cities with lots of Rogues (presumably won through DC, if my experience on beta is any guide) and I see special buildings appear in young cities, again without the equal opportunity to get them.

It is disgusting that Inno put out a feature to some of their pet players without even admitting they are doing it, let alone actually come up front with a statement.

DeletedUser8341

It simply seems foolish to me to complain about an aspect of the game that's been around since the very beginning, due to choices that you yourself are making. If quests are regularly asking for productions, does it not make sense to always have these buildings in your city? If you choose to use blacksmiths rather than sticking to always having 5-10+ supply buildings in your city from your own age, that's not really the developers' fault.
I totally agree that it doesn’t make sense to have blacksmiths, when the requirement to produce is so common. Given the volume of tasks, everyone really needs to have at least eight production buildings, 12 or even 15 would not be too out of order to be able just to complete daily challenges. Some of these will be special buildings but you are going to need a bunch of contemporary supply production buildings, too.

And with all of that supplies coming in, on top of an excess that can - at best - just be thrown into recurring quests which cycle around boringly, the question has to be ..
Of what purpose is any Great Building that produces supplies?​

The game has moved on since the very beginning. There are Great Buildings. 17% of them produce supplies and they are all being made redundant by the need to have masses of space (and population) given over to permanent supplies buildings.

By creating the need for supplies buildings, I see the result as - paradoxically - having the effect of devaluing supplies even further.

If quests are regularly asking for productions, does it not make sense to always have these buildings in your city?
It makes even more sense to try halting the trend to encourage players to only concentrate on GBs that turn out Forge Points.

I don’t think that what is happening is “Forge of Blacksmiths”. I think it is worse: it is “Forge of Forge Points” where all the other ‘currencies’ (from Coin to Tavern Silver) are increasingly meaningless and only FPs matter. Booooring!

DeletedUser8341

I'm done with the daily challenges. I never get anything but the least desirable reward - which I was coping with. I just looked at the one with the highest percentage and decided if the quest was worth it. Today there was a 45% chance of 10 FP but there was also a Drummer school and some rogues and a rogue camp. I knew the rogues wouldn't happen but went for the quest to get the 10 FP. You guessed it! I got the useless drummer school. Another prize to delete! What a colossal waste of resources!
I hear your frustration but I think you are suffering from the short-end of the odds. I have earnt 4 rogue hideouts and don’t know what to do with two of them!

I’m learning to decide early if I will attempt a DC. I’m also learning to manipulate the timer so that I don’t have to get the next one 24 hours after the last started.

Muirtach

Farmer
When i find doing Daily Challenge too difficult or otherwise inconvenient, i don't do it. Simple. Since DC's inception I had Challenger's Chest maybe twice, thrice at best, and no sweat about this. Still, i would like to repeat my question about Special Buildings from last 2 years historical questlines as prizes. Like Baloon Site or Aviary.

qaccy

Emperor

I embrace good ideas, and good feedback. @Lionhead explained it pretty well, in that I usually focus on 'feedback' that isn't very constructive nor helpful to the developers. Saying things like 'this is too hard' or generally complaining about something is only nominally helpful. Suggestions on how to improve something are much more helpful. For instance, the frequent complaints that there are 'too many' productions needed for DCs. Many of these people are simply complaining about the task, while not offering any alternatives. Even merely providing an alternate number that they think is acceptable is worlds more helpful than simply saying 'this is too much' and leave it at that. Where do the developers go with feedback if we aren't offering suggestions and are simply complaining?

DeletedUser8518

Thanks Inno. Thank you very much this week for giving me a single champion, 30% def boost, a victory tower, palm tree, and 100 medals. I'm so thankful that I immediately deleted everyone of these items this week and all my effort put into completing them has yielded no prizes at the end of the day.

Tell you what, next time you post percentages, post what they really are because I just love it when the one prize I don't want at 15% is the only prize I ever get from it. But it's all good, I've already told people on the live servers not to expect anything from this joke of a quest.

DeletedUser8518

Could be worse...you could get a PALM TREE. Or how about a...VICTORY TOWER? I would be more satisfied with getting a message 'Sorry you are not a winner' than a disposable item like the ones mentioned. And why is that Inno likes to put 2 good chests at the same time as well as 2 awful chests?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8404

upload_2017-10-27_19-19-42.png

Having a maxed out table, on a good day, I might manage to pull in that much, but it seems a little ridiculous. That's gotta be close to, if not more than, the maximum that I collect most days. Today, people haven't been sitting quite so much, so I'd be surprised if I make it.

As others have pointed out, things like this depend too much on the luck of other people rather than on yourself. This isn't so much a daily challenge as it is a daily lottery.

DeletedUser8471

Could be worse...you could get a PALM TREE. Or how about a...VICTORY TOWER? I would be more satisfied with getting a message 'Sorry you are not a winner' than a disposable item like the ones mentioned. And why is that Inno likes to put 2 good chests at the same time as well as 2 awful chests?

To give you choices. This whole feature is about Challenges and making choices about if you want to bother Challenging yourself to try that day. Giving you the option between 2 good chests seems fitting, an added Challenge. Do you go for the Rogue Hideout? Or after the SoK? And with the “awful chests” you’ll need to make the same decision, so I want a possibly victory tower or a possible boost I probably won’t use.

Either way, you are not going to get a free handout for a “great reward” every single day. That would make the game too easy, as others have pointed out SEVERAL times in this thread. I’ve heard this said several time, that this is a marathon not a sprint. If that isn’t your kind of game you’ll have to find something else to play to cater to your needs.

I have a friend on live that has access to these Challenges. He doesn’t complain about getting “crap” rewards. In fact he gets thrilled when it gives him a building like a Rogue Hideout or an SoK (and he’s received 1 and 2 of each respectively, along with a few other decent buildings, on top of various “crap” rewards).

Plus the fps he gets from it is a pretty nice boost to him being so new and early in the game. Can anyone really argue with getting free fps for doing an action you might normally do in daily gameplay?

You can’t really expect them to just fork over a prized building every single day of the year. That would be bad for their business model....

DeletedUser8471

View attachment 2788

Having a maxed out table, on a good day, I might manage to pull in that much, but it seems a little ridiculous. That's gotta be close to, if not more than, the maximum that I collect most days. Today, people haven't been sitting quite so much, so I'd be surprised if I make it.

As others have pointed out, things like this depend too much on the luck of other people rather than on yourself. This isn't so much a daily challenge as it is a daily lottery.

I’m sure you can choose who is on your friends list.... they aren’t forcing you to keep those people. Just today I dropped 20 “friends” in a world to get Arc goods. Is this not the same thing? Just find players that actually play often and will sit in your Tavern daily, and clear their own so you can sit in theirs for a chance to get extra silver as well.

This isn’t brain surgery or rocket science....

DeletedUser8471

View attachment 2788

[Feedback] - Daily Challenges

This post describes exactly how to complete such a quest. 2 full tables, 1 partial table, and a handful from you visiting other tables.

If you cannot donthis when it comes to live then the CHALLENGE is not for you.... that’s what this feature is.... challenging.... this is coming from someone who has complained several times about there being alternates for Event Quests that ask to complete a research tech....

DeletedUser8518

To give you choices. This whole feature is about Challenges and making choices about if you want to bother Challenging yourself to try that day. Giving you the option between 2 good chests seems fitting, an added Challenge. Do you go for the Rogue Hideout? Or after the SoK? And with the “awful chests” you’ll need to make the same decision, so I want a possibly victory tower or a possible boost I probably won’t use.

Either way, you are not going to get a free handout for a “great reward” every single day. That would make the game too easy, as others have pointed out SEVERAL times in this thread. I’ve heard this said several time, that this is a marathon not a sprint. If that isn’t your kind of game you’ll have to find something else to play to cater to your needs.

I have a friend on live that has access to these Challenges. He doesn’t complain about getting “crap” rewards. In fact he gets thrilled when it gives him a building like a Rogue Hideout or an SoK (and he’s received 1 and 2 of each respectively, along with a few other decent buildings, on top of various “crap” rewards).

Plus the fps he gets from it is a pretty nice boost to him being so new and early in the game. Can anyone really argue with getting free fps for doing an action you might normally do in daily gameplay?

You can’t really expect them to just fork over a prized building every single day of the year. That would be bad for their business model....

You basically just listed all the great prizes though: SoK, rogue hideout, and most importantly FPs. And it sounds like your friend is a lot luckier than the common player.

I'm aware you can't get a good prize every single day but talk to me when you start getting disposable after disposable prize each day and then maybe you'll slowly begin to see how some prizes just don't cut it in regards to the effort put into these challenges.

DeletedUser8404

I’m sure you can choose who is on your friends list.... they aren’t forcing you to keep those people. Just today I dropped 20 “friends” in a world to get Arc goods. Is this not the same thing? Just find players that actually play often and will sit in your Tavern daily, and clear their own so you can sit in theirs for a chance to get extra silver as well.

This isn’t brain surgery or rocket science....
I prune my friends list regularly, though unless there's something I'm missing, it's a lot harder to prune for people who don't sit at your table than it is to prune for people who don't aid. Maybe about half my friends will sit at my table during a day on an average day, and I always clear them shortly after it fills up. I've had maxed out tables in 6 different cities, I've pruned my friends list in all of them, and I usually get about the same number of people sitting in all of them, so I don't think it's all that unusual of a ratio.

I do indeed normally pull in about 2 full tables, a partial, and what I get from sitting at other people's tables. So, no, 3500 isn't impossible, but it is roughly my average day, I think. (Honestly, I'm not 100% sure how much I pull in in a day because once you have a maxed out table, you really don't need to worry about tavern silver ever again.) My point, however, was that this isn't something that I have full control over, even with pruning, and there's also a lot of people who can't log in several times a day to clear their table like I can.

Yes, challenges are supposed to be challenging, but to me, a challenge, especially something called a "Daily Challenge" is something where you have to do something a little special that day. There is absolutely nothing I can do in a given day to alter how many people sit at my table (except spam my friends with messages they probably don't want and would unfriend me for sending).

Also, most notably, this recently jumped from 2500 to 3500 for me. If that's the result of adding a few friends, it's a pretty big jump. If it's based on an average of what I normally pull in and can do as long as I'm paying attention, then I withdraw my complaint.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8471

You basically just listed all the great prizes though: SoK, rogue hideout, and most importantly FPs. And it sounds like your friend is a lot luckier than the common player.

I'm aware you can't get a good prize every single day but talk to me when you start getting disposable after disposable prize each day and then maybe you'll slowly begin to see how some prizes just don't cut it in regards to the effort put into these challenges.

He also gets tons of “crap” rewards that he doesn’t bother telling me he gets, only informs me when he gets something “good” or something new he hasn’t seen yet and wants to know more about it.

On an average week I see him get 2 maybe 3 or the good prizes, and that is when he goes hard and completes them daily. He’s gotten to a point now where he won’t do them if it asks for Map stuff since he’s progressed to far doing those (I earned him to save that stuff for Events, but he got ambitious and got carried away). He doesn’t complete them everyday.

My point was that while he does get “good” prizes, he NEVER complains and getting “bad” prizes, because he is still getting something for doing things he normally would do anyway (with the exception of map stuff and has since learned his lesson with that).

When this is released on Live for all and I start working on them, I’m going into not expecting to complete it everyday, nor am I expecting to recieve the rewards that I personally would want to see, not every day or every week for that matter.

What will happen is when I get a reward I don’t like, I will grumble a bit to myself but that is the extent of it. This is because I know the rewards I do want wil come eventually, I just must remain patient and complete them when it works for me.

DeletedUser8471

I prune my friends list regularly, though unless there's something I'm missing, it's a lot harder to prune for people who don't sit at your table than it is to prune for people who don't aid. Maybe about half my friends will sit at my table during a day on an average day, and I always clear them shortly after it fills up. I've had maxed out tables in 6 different cities, I've pruned my friends list in all of them, and I usually get about the same number of people sitting in all of them, so I don't think it's all that unusual of a ratio.

I do indeed normally pull in about 2 full tables, a partial, and what I get from sitting at other people's tables. So, no, 3500 isn't impossible, but it is roughly my average day, I think. (Honestly, I'm not 100% sure how much I pull in in a day because once you have a maxed out table, you really don't need to worry about tavern silver ever again.) My point, however, was that this isn't something that I have full control over, even with pruning, and there's also a lot of people who can't log in several times a day to clear their table like I can.

Yes, challenges are supposed to be challenging, but to me, a challenge, especially something called a "Daily Challenge" is something where you have to do something a little special that day. There is absolutely nothing I can do in a given day to alter how many people sit at my table (except spam my friends with messages they probably don't want and would unfriend me for sending).

Also, most notably, this recently jumped from 2500 to 3500 for me. If that's the result of adding a few friends, it's a pretty big jump. If it's based on an average of what I normally pull in and can do as long as I'm paying attention, then I withdraw my complaint.

Are you referring to your account on Beta? If so that is hardly a place to gauge how often a player will sit in your Tavern daily. On live it would be much different.

I have never had a problem with a player sending a mass group message to all their friends asking for players to sit in their Tavern. I simply inform them how long it will be for me to sit, and carry on about my day. If someone is going to drop you instead of being friendly, you don’t need that kind of toxicity in your life anyway.

If you find it getting hard to complete this particular challenge on live it would be wise to go through your list and determine who will sit regularly and who will not. A simple friendly message sent to each player should suffice.

I understand it’s hard to gauge this, but developing a good list of 80 friends you personally added that will Aid and visit regularly would be a wise if your goal is to complete the Daily Challenges as much as possible.

And I know it sounds rude to the players that don’t play daily, or are unable to do so, but if your goal is to have an active list it must be done. After achieving the 80 players you want will make the other 40 easier to manage and determine if they are worth keeping or not.

This particular Challenge is not impossible, difficult yes but that is the point is it not? I feel the requirements for this one are indeed linked to the size and upgrades in your tavern as well as the number of players you have on your friend list. Average visits/collection times may be included but I feel like it would be more based on the criteria I mentioned above.

DeletedUser8341

View attachment 2788

Or is it the proverbial kick up the backside to make sure you have active friends .. and log on a few times in the day?

Sure, I find 3500 tavern silver a challenge — so much that it might as well be called a “Daily Challenge” — but it is doable.

DeletedUser8341

Thanks Inno. Thank you very much this week for giving me a single champion, 30% def boost, a victory tower, palm tree, and 100 medals. I'm so thankful that I immediately deleted everyone of these items this week and all my effort put into completing them has yielded no prizes at the end of the day.
  • Champions are always of use to anyone who does any fighting. Only a very committed pacifist would just delete a Champion instead of use it in an attack. Forge of Empires is not a pacifist game.
  • I’m so pleased for you that 30% extra defence boost is worthless to you. I am sure your neighbours who are attacking and plundering you are also pleased that you just deleted 30% extra defence.
  • You might not consider a Victory Tower to be useful but I have looked over top player’s cities and seen that they often have hordes of the things. Of course, if you don’t want to expand, don’t want to negotiate in the hardest part of Guild Expedition and will have nothing to do with GvG, you don’t need those silly medals, anyway. Quite what you DO in this game if none of that, I do wonder.
  • To ‘immediately delete’ any decoration is very silly. I suppose you don’t play Forge of Empires very much, if you have never encountered the quests or challenges asking you to build decorations, or maybe you just never thought to use those unwanted freebies from your Inventory.
  • I realise that you don’t want to actually be engaged with the game, so don’t need medals, but I am interested in how it is possible to ‘immediately delete’ 100 of them. This is stretching the imagination of your indignation too far.