• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Andi47

Overlord
Impossible_daily_challenge.jpg

This can INDEED be an example how to lock out oneself from winning this one - by actions done today - and the weeks before

1.) I finished the campaign map a few weeks ago, so no fights there
2.) it's monday, so no GE - nothing to fight there.
3.) Today in the morning I saw that I have new neighborhood and polivated them - hoping that they will polivate me back and not attack/plunder me.
4.) Now I get the quest pictured above. Note: It is running until 5 p.m. Vienna time tomorrow.
---> no possibility to fight...? There is no GE today.
(Well, as one of the guild leaders I can just place a siege somewhere in GvG, but anyone else has literally no chance to fight anywhere now!)
5.) Tomorrow morning (when the 24 hours after polivating will expire) I will be probably in a hurry to reach my workplace in time, time is too short to fight.
6.) Tomorrow evening, when I come back home from work (possibly after 5 p.m. because of an appointment), it is too late to finish the quest.

@innogames please consider this when handing out "win xy battles" quests on monday!!

Conclusio: Never polivate the neighborhood on Monday morning when you are already in a hurry for getting to work, or you WILL be punished for doing this by the day's daily challenge!

Last edited:

Buzz30

Farmer
Hello
The Daily Challenge is pretty good, but there are too many quests, or you have to conquer provincial areas whether in battles or in negotiations. As a result, we are advancing too much on the map of buildings, without being necessarily at the ideal age to conquer these sectors.
So from now on, it will be without me.

DeletedUser8341

Impossible_daily_challenge.jpg

This can INDEED be an example how to lock out oneself from winning this one - by actions done today - and the weeks before

1.) I finished the campaign map a few weeks ago, so no fights there
2.) it's monday, so no GE - nothing to fight there.
3.) Today in the morning I saw that I have new neighborhood and polivated them - hoping that they will polivate me back and not attack/plunder me.
4.) Now I get the quest pictured above. Note: It is running until 5 p.m. Vienna time tomorrow.
---> no possibility to fight...? There is no GE today.
(Well, as one of the guild leaders I can just place a siege somewhere in GvG, but anyone else has literally no chance to fight anywhere now!)
5.) Tomorrow morning (when the 24 hours after polivating will expire) I will be probably in a hurry to reach my workplace in time, time is too short to fight.
6.) Tomorrow evening, when I come back home from work (possibly after 5 p.m. because of an appointment), it is too late to finish the quest.

@innogames please consider this when handing out "win xy battles" quests on monday!!

Conclusio: Never polivate the neighborhood on Monday morning when you are already in a hurry for getting to work, or you WILL be punished for doing this by the day's daily challenge!
While I sympathise with people who feel that things are sometimes (almost) impossible - and I am one of those people - what you are saying is that you want the benefits of polivating and the benefits from the Daily Challenge.

Perhaps we need to ask ourselves whether it is right to expect to be able to gain all the benefits from the game or whether it is right that sometimes things are so challenging we cannot personally succeed (but others could).

DeletedUser8341

I received the quest " visit 30 taverns ". This is the fourth time I've seen this one and the first time I was able to complete it. It is dependent on other players, so good luck. The bar is set way to high, it should be halfed. It should be a challenge, not a near impossibility.Also STAY AWAY from tach research AND the continent map. I do NOT want to be forced ahead for a daily quest line.
I totally agree that on a daily challenge, asking players to move ahead technologically or cartographically is bad gaming. Even a single sector can be a bit too much, unless it is ensured that this comes up once per fortnight or less. Similarly, asking for 1 or 2 FP to be paid towards a technology is OK so long as it doesn't happen too often.

Andi47

Overlord
While I sympathise with people who feel that things are sometimes (almost) impossible - and I am one of those people - what you are saying is that you want the benefits of polivating and the benefits from the Daily Challenge.

Perhaps we need to ask ourselves whether it is right to expect to be able to gain all the benefits from the game or whether it is right that sometimes things are so challenging we cannot personally succeed (but others could).

Well - Inno stated a few weeks ago in this thread that they don't want to "punish" us for actions which we did earlier that day (such as collecting our production or polivating). And this quest definitely is punishing me for actions I did earlier that day.

If this stays to be Inno's policy, then
  • never collect your tavern in the last 2 or 3 hours before the challenge starts (can cause a lockout condition of the challenge asks for collecting 3500 silver)
  • never polivate at a times where you might not be able to polivate or attack your neighbours while the next challenge is running. Better: Never polivate and never visit taverns until the challenge quest asks you to do so (can cause a lockout condition as I stated before)
  • never collect your 8h and 4h-productions before starting the challenge - or be prepared to build a dozen Blacksmiths quickly (I don't see a lockout condition here, but you might need to play Forge of Blacksmiths ;-) )
  • always hold back with Guild expedition and Campaign map sectors unless the challenge asks you to do GE or to acquire sectors on the campaign map (--> you can lock yourself out from the Challenge by doing GE before Sunday evening - and you might need 8 (or so) encounters which you are able to fight without loosing in between, so better stay at level 1 or 2 until Sunday's challenge started)

DeletedUser6863

If you change your DC start time to a time when you are going to log in for the first time then these problem can be removed. I did that so I have the full time of playing to be able to compete DC's. I never log on before DC's start. This is by design. I choose a time that I knew I would not log on but I normally only miss at most an hour of DC time. The first thing I do is open the DC, choose which one to do and receive challenges. Then and only then do I start game play. For me this is in the morning. For others their 24 hour DC's may not start until 4 or 5pm. This is the way I have been able to complete every DC apart from 2. I also appreciate that this is not easy for everyone.

DeletedUser

Well - Inno stated a few weeks ago in this thread that they don't want to "punish" us for actions which we did earlier that day (such as collecting our production or polivating). And this quest definitely is punishing me for actions I did earlier that day.

• never collect your tavern in the last 2 or 3 hours before the challenge starts (can cause a lockout condition of the challenge asks for collecting 3500 silver)
  • never polivate at a times where you might not be able to polivate or attack your neighbours while the next challenge is running. Better: Never polivate and never visit taverns until the challenge quest asks you to do so (can cause a lockout condition as I stated before)
  • never collect your 8h and 4h-productions before starting the challenge - or be prepared to build a dozen Blacksmiths quickly (I don't see a lockout condition here, but you might need to play Forge of Blacksmiths ;-) )
  • always hold back with Guild expedition and Campaign map sectors unless the challenge asks you to do GE or to acquire sectors on the campaign map (--> you can lock yourself out from the Challenge by doing GE before Sunday evening - and you might need 8 (or so) encounters which you are able to fight without loosing in between, so better stay at level 1 or 2 until Sunday's challenge started)
in short:
set the start time before you login the first time a day

maybe 3 AM

DeletedUser8168

Was really disappointed with the Daily challenge today ! **solve 10 encounters in the GE by negotiating ** this is a lousy thing to do on the first day of the GE being open ...the easier battles are started on this first day and many of us actually use these early battles to gain points on the lower era towers ...but to do this you must battle as no points are awarded in the towers for negotiations ...so do ya give up the tower points and the possible medals for the entire week or not do the Daily challenge and move backwards by one day on progress for the week !
The quest is acceptable later in the GE week once the easy battles are gone but the timing really stinks today !

DeletedUser4381

Yep, doing these already, and have added a swathe of Blacksmiths which sit there with finished productions of varying timescales ready to be collected.. Have pretty much stopped doing anything to advance the game unless a quest/event/challenge requires it.

Just finished Daily Challenge, selected Indian palace, and get 10 FP's. 55% and I get it all the time, remove the fp's as an option. Thanks.

qaccy

Emperor
Just finished Daily Challenge, selected Indian palace, and get 10 FP's. 55% and I get it all the time, remove the fp's as an option. Thanks.

And replace it with what, exactly? These chests can't just be handing out guaranteed set pieces, otherwise events that also provide set items would become irrelevant. There has to be a low end in any random prize scenario, in order to balance it out. You can't have a box filled with nothing but winners. Although if you ask me, 10 FP is still pretty good. If you routinely win FP prizes from DCs you're going to get more FP on average than you would with any FP-producing building on the prize list...and not have to give up any city space to produce it.

dolphin

Marquis
Did 30 FP challenge.

Did the 10 battles and recorded properly.

Built 7 Pod homes & population increase recorded correctly,
Built Fisherman's House & it was NOT recorded. Daily Challenge did not complete and 30 FP reward was not awarded.
Also lost one of the completed 2/7 ticks & obviously the 3rd tick was not recorded as well.

Have reported this as a ticket with no response for over 24 hr. now.

Still big problems in this poorly thought out "Daily Challenge" quest/event.

DeletedUser7951

remove the fp's as an option
As a lower player here on beta: NOOOOO. the FP is what I most want.
As a Modern era player on live I'd still want them, even with a decent FP daily production.

I'm not a fan of the Blacksmith's Empire aspect of the dailies, and I'm not a fan of the map-tasks. We have events at least twice a months to take care of that part of the game. Make the dailies a bit more different than an event please.

DeletedUser7529

Daily Challenges offer lower reward than from events and usually have more difficult tasks. During events most hated tasks have alternatives (ie research technology or campaign map tasks). Daily challenges lack this option. Events give much more time to complete, as for production quests there is also much lower amount required than during DC.
So far I ignored 90% of offered challenges, I do only those that doesnt require rebuilding my city (ie putting 20 blacksmiths), dont force me to jump to next age or conquer provinces from 2 ages above mine.

DeletedUser8095

Yesterday: solve 6 Guild expedition with fighting and 3 by negotiation....today: aquire 3 sectors on campaign map by negotiation... do you think that I got a thing continuously producing the goods? Or troups? Win 7 battles....and so on...nearly everyday a quest like theese...

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-10-20 - Replaced an inappropriate word.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had to add 910 population for today's daily challenge. I don't want to skip because it's my 7th and I might finally get something after completing 7 quests in a row. but it meant deleting an expensive and useful building or rearranging my city to free up space, building 2 houses that i will delete as soon as they are completed and the reward is a culture building I don't need. The other questline offered those cursed drummers or flag wavers as a reward. It also said it offered champions or rogues. But I've completed enough daily challenges to know you only look at the worst "reward" because the rest are just for show. In short I totally dislike the daily challenges. They are a waste of energy, resources, time, and the rewards are usually something I don't want and can't use. I play on beta because that's what we're here for but when it goes live I won't waste my time or resources unless it has changed from what it is now.

qaccy

Emperor
I just had to add 910 population for today's daily challenge. I don't want to skip because it's my 7th and I might finally get something after completing 7 quests in a row. but it meant deleting an expensive and useful building or rearranging my city to free up space, building 2 houses that i will delete as soon as they are completed and the reward is a culture building I don't need. The other questline offered those cursed drummers or flag wavers as a reward. It also said it offered champions or rogues. But I've completed enough daily challenges to know you only look at the worst "reward" because the rest are just for show. In short I totally dislike the daily challenges. They are a waste of energy, resources, time, and the rewards are usually something I don't want and can't use. I play on beta because that's what we're here for but when it goes live I won't waste my time or resources unless it has changed from what it is now.

So what would you do differently, then? Merely complaining that a 'challenge' is 'difficult' isn't very helpful. You should offer solutions as well, keeping in mind that these rewards aren't going to just be handed out for no effort whatsoever.

So what would you do differently, then? Merely complaining that a 'challenge' is 'difficult' isn't very helpful. You should offer solutions as well, keeping in mind that these rewards aren't going to just be handed out for no effort whatsoever.
I would consider game progress at the different levels (ages) and try to make sure the quests forward progress rather than interfere with it. I would not push people to overspend resources to get minor rewards. I would discontinue the requirement to complete 7 consecutive quests to get to the good reward. Seven quests is reasonable but sometimes what is required in one will push the player into something that isn't constructive for their game plan so the option to skip a quest without penalty would be helpful. Or allow all the steps to be visible before making the choice so the player can avoid the thing that is harmful to his game. I know you can't please everyone but right now this feature gives the impression of not having been thought out well. I'm not at the highest level of the game. Maybe at the top levels these quests add the interest the players want but at mid level we are trying to move up the ladder as successfully as possible and this hinders rather than helps.

WillyWuff17

Squire
I see these DCs more and more relaxed. At the beginning I have tried to complete all of them. At least to get the 7-Day Chest. At the end I got even more unneeded stuff for my inventory. Sometimes you have to choose one of the two items only to get the 7-Day Chest. A few days ago, I had to choose between 5 BPs (100%) and a Coin Package (100%). Got the 5 BPs and can now upgrade the unbuild Colosseum even higher - yeahh.

Since a few days I skip DCs if they contain any amount of Battles and no GE possible (Monday or already completed the opened levels) or any Sectors (Yesterday I had to take 5! Sectors for the DC).
For the other tasks Tavern, Productions, Happiness, Population... I will try it - If I fail then it is ok for me, next day maybe more luck.