• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

qaccy

Emperor
No matter how dev´s balance this, there will aleays be a group of players who wants this made easier.

This should be slapped as a banner over the entire thread if it were possible because it's oh-so true.

Anyway, DCs seem about in-line with other features of the game. Events are slightly better and slightly easier, but that's probably to promote engagement in a limited time frame; recurring quests are low-value but also low-difficulty and can be run endlessly; GE has widely varying difficulty similarly to DCs, with also wildly varying rewards. One big difference is that GE only contains two 'tasks' whereas DCs contain dozens so it's a lot tougher to plan for. That being said, even knowing in advance that you're going to face 200% boosted armies in GE doesn't really make it any easier to deal with that challenge, so I guess a bit of discretion is concerned regarding how difficult one feature is compared to the other.

DeletedUser

"Finish 54 (FIFTY FOUR) 15 minute-productions"

I DO have a lot of production buildings (when I use my Bazaars and Terrace Farms, Rose Garden, Cider Mill and Soccer fields for such quests - I think here on beta I have as many of all those as on .de3, .de5 and .de8 together), but for THIS I just built additional 6 Blacksmiths and 3 Hunters.

Forge of Blacksmiths in perfection. :-(

54?! o_O
I suddenly have the feeling that a fairly recent change in which we can finish productions with diamonds is introduced with a certain precognition so to say.
This certainly effects the outrages number of longer productions we have to fulfill.

Anyway, no DC's for me I have a life as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8341

54?! o_O
I suddenly have the feeling that a fairly recent change in which we can finish productions with diamonds is introduced with a certain precognition so to say.
This certainly effects the outrages number of longer productions we have to fulfill.

Anyway, no DC's for me I have a life as well.
Sometimes, a DC can be completed quite easily, depending on your town's set-up. Sometimes, I have found the hardest part of a DC coincides with an event quest.

So I think it is daft to write off DCs completely, for anyone. Write off the Challangers Chest, sure, because if you don't put yourself out you are unlikely to ever get one, but you might as well keep checking the day's Challenge to see how doable it is for you that day.

DeletedUser8523

olhe, o Dayle Challenge estava ótimo no inicio, dando bons prêmios e as missões para quem estava no inicio não eram tão dificeis, esse lance para doações ao tesouro e completar missões nas expedições negociando quando voce tem tão poucas mercadorias é muito dificil de completar e quando se completa só recebe 10 pontos de forges no final, e pelo visto acabaram os bons prêmios, isso é uma grande sacanagem. Podiam rever isso não é galera?

look, the Dayle Challenge was great at the beginning, giving good prizes and the missions for those who were in the beginning were not so difficult, this bid for donations to the treasure and completing missions in the expeditions negotiating when you have so few goods is very difficult to complete and when it completes it only receives 10 points of forges in the end, and the finished good prizes apparently, this is a great sucanagem. Could you review this, are not you guys?
I do not know if translating right, I used google translate

DeletedUser8523

voce tentar cumprir a missão do dia, perder mercadorias e até diamantes para a negociação nas expedições para no final receber alguns pontos de forges, para mim sai mais barato comprar os pontos de forges.
Está péssimo o Daile Challenge, foi ótimo no início, agora não está sendo vantajoso para mim pois minhas perdas são muitas

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2017-10-06 - English is the required language on this forum, please provide a translation when posting in any other language.

Translation:
you try to fulfill the mission of the day, lose merchandise and even diamonds for negotiation in the expeditions to in the end receive some forges points, for me it is cheaper to buy the forges points.
The Daily Challenge is bad, it was great at the beginning, it is not being advantageous for me now because my losses are many

DeletedUser8341

Translated:
You try to fulfill the Daily Challenge, lose goods and even diamonds for negotiation in Guild Expedition, just to recieve some Forge Points. For me, it is cheaper to buy the Forge Points.

The Daily Challenge is bad. It was great at first but is no longer advantageous for me because of my heavy losses.

DeletedUser8523

Sim Prinza, não está compensando mesmo. Se é para jogadores pequenos fica realmente muito dificil, e olhe que estou no Beta a pouco tempo, tenho experiencia de 5 anos neste jogo, e essas missões de negociação é dificil para quem tem pouco e está no inicio, outra também é a conquiosta de setor sem lutar que tambem vai mercadorias. Aí tem de pensar se compensa ou não. E o Daily Challenge já não compensa mais

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2017-10-06 - English is the required language on this forum, please provide a translation when posting in any other language.

Translation:
Yes, Prinza, you're not even compensating. If it is for small players it is really very difficult, and look that I am in Beta a short time, I have experience of 5 years in this game, and these trading missions are difficult for those who have little and are in the beginning, another is also the conquest of non-fight sector that also goes goods. Then you have to think about whether or not you make up. And the Daily Challenge no longer pays off

DeletedUser8489

Sim Prinza, não está compensando mesmo. Se é para jogadores pequenos fica realmente muito dificil, e olhe que estou no Beta a pouco tempo, tenho experiencia de 5 anos neste jogo, e essas missões de negociação é dificil para quem tem pouco e está no inicio, outra também é a conquiosta de setor sem lutar que tambem vai mercadorias. Aí tem de pensar se compensa ou não. E o Daily Challenge já não compensa mais
Sure ... I guess ... but I say: "沒有人閱讀說明。"

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2017-10-06 - English is the required language on this forum, please provide a translation when posting in any other language. :p

Translation of 沒有人閱讀說明。: No one read the instructions.

DeletedUser8523

Yes, Prinza, you're not even compensating. If it is for small players it is really very difficult, and look that I am in Beta a short time, I have experience of 5 years in this game, and these trading missions are difficult for those who have little and are in the beginning, another is also the conquest of non-fight sector that also goes goods. Then you have to think about whether or not you make up. And the Daily Challenge no longer pays off

sorry Locee

Andi47

Overlord
Again Forge of Blacksmiths:

Forge_of_Blacksmiths1.jpg

I destroyed two Shellfish Farms for this:
Forge_of_Blacksmiths2.jpg

The other choice would have been to cancel 7 forgepoint productions (14 Forgepoints) in my Bazaars and Soccer fields.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8277

Today I won a maypole upgrade but I do not have a maypole to use it on. Would there be some way to check if a player has the item to be upgraded when loading the prize options and instead of having one of the options be the upgrade instead apply that percentage to the object itself?

DeletedUser

Today I won a maypole upgrade but I do not have a maypole to use it on. Would there be some way to check if a player has the item to be upgraded when loading the prize options and instead of having one of the options be the upgrade instead apply that percentage to the object itself?
when you win a maypole in the future you already have one upgrade ;)
two would be better :p

DeletedUser8059

Please leave any feedback related to daily challenges in this thread.
You can find the announcement with details here.

The daily is a good feature. The reward ratios for the sok needs to change though, to where it gives more of a chance to win one. Especiallyu after doing 7 challenges, as people will give up eventually if they feel they cant win one once in a while.
All the good rewards ratios are too small they need to be raised, and the lower rewards lowered.
Dont get me wrong I like the fps, but would like to get other rewards too. Like the buildings.

DeletedUser8341

All the good rewards ratios are too small they need to be raised, and the lower rewards lowered.
Dont get me wrong I like the fps, but would like to get other rewards too. Like the buildings.
How often should a building be available, though. Forge of Empires isn't a short-term game, it is played over years. If it becomes possible to win even one SoK per month, and all the other buildings that people would like in ratio to that, we will be swamped with buildings in our Inventories that we can never expect to have the space to construct.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to win my own selection of special buildings .. but I don't want the game ruined.

DeletedUser6863

Opened up DC today and found 83 X 5 min production. Really. This is the highest amount I have received since the challenges began. It is a ludicrous amount. I appreciate that the DC's need to be challenging but surely you can come up with some more interesting DC's than having to sit there for hours doing 5 min productions. This amount of productions is also making the LOA and RAH redundant as any benefits you get from them are taken up by the 5 min productions. I have seen some really great ideas in this and other threads. Also the donate to guild treasury is becoming much to common. Please change this before it goes to live servers.

DeletedUser8341

... is also making the LOA and RAH redundant as any benefits you get from them are taken up by the 5 min productions...
So, not only are supplies GBs being made redundant by the (daily) need to have multiple production buildings but even the supplies boosts GBs are reduced in value.

It is one thing to have this nonsense (non-sensible) task on a major event but to have it potentially occur on a daily basis is damaging to the game.

There have to be more inventive Challenges than this silliness, that can occur day by day. Just ask, and I will provide ten ideas, all designed to stretch a city, and which some cities would not be comfortable doing, but which could fit into general city planning and player strategy.

DeletedUser

or you can plan better and collect the daily productions directly after collecting LOA and RAH

:rolleyes:

• It would be silly to hand out the equivalent of the 20% prize every day: that would just flood the game with top-end buildings and bee too great a reward for the effort.
  • It would be silly to hand out the equivalent of the 80% prize every day: that would just mean that few people would ever bother with the Daily Challenge because the prize wasn't good enough.
  • It would be silly to hand out the equivalent of the 20% prize every day and make Daily Challenges even harder: the majority of responses on this thread indicate that is unworkable.
  • It would be silly to hand out the equivalent of the 80% prize every day and make Daily Challenges even easier: that would just mean a boring nuisance that would recieve as much derision as Treasure Hunt or Incidents.
So, the only way to find a middle-ground is to offer the possibility of a high-end prize, scaled so that the game won't turn into mush. If that means that some players won't even attempt the Challenge, so be it. After all, there is nothing making a player play DCs, GvG, GE or even GBs. It's entirely up to each of us how we wish to play.

'After all, there is nothing making a player play DCs, GvG, GE or even GBs. It's entirely up to each of us how we wish to play.'

But that is not true. If your rivals are getting a boost from a feature, you have no choice about using it. Otherwise you fall behind.

You can just get as DC rewards vouchers towards the 20% prize, and after N completed DC's you get the prize.

Lionhead

Baronet
Is there really a LoA and RAH redundancy?
I mean, prior to DC I usually had over 30 collections from LoA-boost and over 65 collections from RAH-boost go to waste.
Now I can get the benefit from most of them on days when DC makes me do multible productions.
Not sure if it evens out the actual supply-output, but having adjusted my city with smaller and slighly more production-buildings, I can still observe an increase in my total number of supplies.