• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

To me it is simple the challenges have to outweigh the outcome and on beta it didn't.
This is why I won't bother it'll only annoy me after a couple of times.
I have done a lot of DCs on beta. Mostly, I did them for the fun and Challenge - the reward was often secondary, especially since you can't even be sure what you'll get most days.

Unfortunately, my city layout, my goods stocks, my map progress, and more, have all suffered as a result. That is a big reason why I think there should be no penalty for not even attempting a day's Challenge: days of re-grouping/recouping are essential to ongoing play.

DeletedUser

I have done a lot of DCs on beta. Mostly, I did them for the fun and Challenge - the reward was often secondary, especially since you can't even be sure what you'll get most days.

Unfortunately, my city layout, my goods stocks, my map progress, and more, have all suffered as a result. That is a big reason why I think there should be no penalty for not even attempting a day's Challenge: days of re-grouping/recouping are essential to ongoing play.

I completely agree.
It should be just fun and penalties are not :)

DeletedUser8448

Yesterday, i finished my choosen DC. But: i was to late to collect my reward. Consequences: I lost one daily, did not get the reward, choose a new daily and, most annoying, the green marker for a solved quest does not disappear.
Maybe you should allow gamers to collect the reward, when they are to late, just before they choose the next DC. In all case, the new DC has not to be marked as a solved quest. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5429

Today I have : Finish 24 8 hours productions

Most horrible quest.
Shall I destroy my town and build 24 blacksmiths, or shall build ONLY 12 and wake up in the middle of the night to harvest them ?!
Or just ignore this bull**** challenge ?
Hello Inno ?

DeletedUser7951

Finish 24 8 hours production
Huge downside to the DC
Another downside is the fact that if I want to do events, and I do, they force me to scout etc. The DC will pick up on that, and then ask for acquiring sectors on the campaign map. Which will force me not only to progress on the map and through the ages, but in a speed much higher than I can keep up with building my city, research and basically grow. It is these two factors that for ruins DC for me.

I'm leaning more and more towards the don't do it. Problem is, doing missions is part of what inspire me to continue playing this game. GvG isn't for app players, and besides it's a bit broke as it is now. GE is fun up to a point, but on it's own it's not enough to keep me in the game. Dc is defo challenging, the option is clearly to ignore it, but not always so easy. I will however accept that challenge and ignore it on live unless it's changed.

DeletedUser8341

I completely agree.
It should be just fun and penalties are not :)
I don't mind the penalty when I have taken a day's Challenge but failed (or, more likely, made no attempt to do 100 x 25-hour productions; claim 50 sectors; build 20,000 new homes; or whatever nonsense pops up still).

It is the fact that if I think "whew, that last one was tough and I now need to get my city back into proper shape" I am still penalised for taking a day away from Challenges that cannot be be sustained day after day.

DeletedUser8341

Today I have : Finish 24 8 hours productions

Most horrible quest.
Shall I destroy my town and build 24 blacksmiths, or shall build ONLY 12 and wake up in the middle of the night to harvest them ?!
Or just ignore this bull**** challenge ?
Hello Inno ?
No, of course you shouldn't build 12 blacksmiths. These Challenges happen day after day, so you might as well build 12 clockmakers or whatever your age's buildings are. That will obviously leave you with massive over-supply so you might as well delete those Great Buildings you have that produce supplies, to help you with the space.

Now that you have wrecked your city, damaged your player score, and stopped yourself from having the space to build anything extra, you can play Forge of Empires, version 'Daily Challenge'.

Anyway, you don't need 12, you only need 8. I'm sure you can skip a day off work/school so that you can (with luck) manage to get three rounds of production into the day. Just send them a note explaining that you have to stay at home .. it's a Challenge, see?

DeletedUser8277

I was finally able to complete 7 in a row. My prize was 50 FP. Take for the week was about 100 FP and 200 medals. My opinion on DC is meh. My concern of it stopping play when it goes to live still stands. I noticed once I had 3 or so under my belt I stopped aiding, visiting taverns until my DC time and even waited on GE until I got my 7. I held off aiding and tavers until after I could see a new challenge and with GE I was always concerned my next challenge would tell me to fight or do something I needed GE to do.

I still just don't like knowing there's something I need to check as soon as I log into the game because if I forget, then do ANYTHING in game before clicking that I could have just ruined it. It's better than it was and most likely not going to get any better before full release.

Also, I and several others do not find it in any way fair that it seems this has been selectively released on live. I may not do it once it goes over there but others will. To give one player the opportunity to win 100 fp a week or more (an extra 4 days of dailies) and not others puts that player at a clear advantage. Players on live didn't agree to play on a skewed playing field. They expect and many pay for what they believe is even standing and equal opportunities. Between this and incidents there appears to now be 4 versions of the game on the US live server (No DC no incidents, incidents, DCs, DCs with incidents) shouldn't all the players playing against each other be playing the same game?

If more data is needed couldn't a world on a server be selected? IE everyone in A gets it no one on B does. This way you get the data but no one is playing against players who were given an upper hand?

Cardena

Squire
If more data is needed couldn't a world on a server be selected? IE everyone in A gets it no one on B does. This way you get the data but no one is playing against players who were given an upper hand?

That was also proposed in the GE Forum when the incidents were only released for part of the players. There was also a outcry about the unfair playing field there. Looks that INNO, instead of choosing a more sensible way to get the datas they needed, just decided to change the server where they do their testing.

DeletedUser8304

Hi

Just completed my first 7 challenges. I am not keen on the daily quests for two reasons - they can sometimes compete with the special quest challenges making it difficult and I think the rewards are not that great. If the intention id to replace the Treasure Hunt with daily quests then I would like to vote that we keep the Treasure Hunt.

Cheers

DeletedUser

No, of course you shouldn't build 12 blacksmiths. These Challenges happen day after day, so you might as well build 12 clockmakers or whatever your age's buildings are. That will obviously leave you with massive over-supply so you might as well delete those Great Buildings you have that produce supplies, to help you with the space.

Now that you have wrecked your city, damaged your player score, and stopped yourself from having the space to build anything extra, you can play Forge of Empires, version 'Daily Challenge'.

Anyway, you don't need 12, you only need 8. I'm sure you can skip a day off work/school so that you can (with luck) manage to get three rounds of production into the day. Just send them a note explaining that you have to stay at home .. it's a Challenge, see?

OMG! This is so freaking hilarious! :D

DeletedUser8316

Special Military challenge... gain 200 population... I've done so twice today and still hasn't completed that quest. I tried with houses from 2 different ages and it would take none. Bugged quests... waste of time.

DeletedUser8341

Special Military challenge... gain 200 population... I've done so twice today and still hasn't completed that quest. I tried with houses from 2 different ages and it would take none. Bugged quests... waste of time.
I expect the devs will need more information from you to track that down.
I am sure I have done at least one DC on population (delete blacksmiths, build unwanted houses from Inventory, delete houses, build blacksmiths ..) and have not had a problem. I might be wrong - it could have been quest rather than Challenge - but I think it was DC.

DeletedUser6627

I have a complaint
i did the daily challenge for 6 days with sucess and then I stopped for 3 days (well I spent the week-end a bit away of the game).
And I thought that the bar would indicate 6 in 7, but no, the bar now is indicating 3 in 6 (or no, no, no like Amy)
Come on guys, not doing is the same thing as failing? When I want to interrupt I lose allways? Why happens like this?
The game should only take -1 from the bar if I begin and then I can't or don't complete ...

DeletedUser8518

Some of the daily rewards I have received have been extremely underwhelming. I think I can speak on behalf of the FoE community that a palm tree should NOT be a possible prize. Yet, I've won 2 of these from the summer chest which I immediately deleted from my inventory. Furthermore, why am I getting horrible options lately? The last few days I've gotten an option for a coins/medals chest and the other chest has units or other underwhelming prize. I have not had a set chest or a FP chest over the last 5 days. Why not make the chests rotate every now and then so you don't have a streak of underwhelming chests? I am quickly starting to consider not putting the effort in doing these if and when they come to the live servers if I'm to expect underwhelming prizes every time.

Andi47

Overlord
"Finish 54 (FIFTY FOUR) 15 minute-productions"

I DO have a lot of production buildings (when I use my Bazaars and Terrace Farms, Rose Garden, Cider Mill and Soccer fields for such quests - I think here on beta I have as many of all those as on .de3, .de5 and .de8 together), but for THIS I just built additional 6 Blacksmiths and 3 Hunters.

Forge of Blacksmiths in perfection. :-(

Lionhead

Baronet
Finish 45 5 minute productions. Seriously?

Why is that such a big problem?
Have 9 production-buildings and you can be done with that in half an hour. Maybe IG is telling you, that if you can´t spare half an hour on this game, then you don´t deserve what´s in the 7/7 chest?
I´m at the end of OF-tech, and I admit, I have adjusted my city in order to overcome these tasks. I have done it without Blacksmiths, but gone with the Cristal Flower Store solution. I have only missed 2 DC´s since introduction, and it was neither the number of productions or the Tavern-tasks which had me miss. Just my own damn negligence.

No matter how dev´s balance this, there will aleays be a group of players who wants this made easier. To me it seems it already has. At least once. Even at the expense of lesser appealing daily chests.
I can only speak for myself. But currently the DC is working for me. If it gets any easier, I can no longer refer to this as a daily challenge, but it becomes a daily task.