• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8369

My only real gripe with the Daily Challenge is that even if you don't "accept" the challenge by selecting one of the chests, you still get docked a point on the x/7 part of the challenge. Many times, the choice of prizes gives me nothing I want, so I don't want to waste the resources to try to attain it. To me, if I don't choose a daily chest to try for, there should be no "challenge" and no deduction of points on the x/7 part.

DeletedUser4379

' . . 14% of GBs provide supplies. They are made pointless if players are forced (strongly encouraged) to have a bunch of supply buildings that are enough to meet their needs by themselves.'
I have quite often wondered about this very point myself. Why all the hoopla about Great Pukers, when, they are in fact being made obsolete? All that space taken up, where ya gonna put those 30 blacksmiths? People are already concerned about spatial shortages. Now, it seems to be exacerbated. Gotta sometimes wonder about where the Dev's heads are at.

DeletedUser8471

I have a question about this DC thing....

So today I opened my DC window, saw I was at 6/7 progress, opened my DC and completed it. Afterwards I reviewed the Chest for completing the daily part, but haven't received one for getting to 7/7. When I go to the window the guy(or gal;)) just says to come back later for a new challenge.

So will the Chest show up for me later? Or do I need to finish a daily while at 7/7 to get the Challenger Chest?

Reason I ask is because when I started doing DCs finally I started at 0/7, so if getting to 7/7 then doing another challenge is what unlocks my chest that would in fact be 8 days of DCs not 7 days...

DeletedUser8341

I have a question about this DC thing....

So today I opened my DC window, saw I was at 6/7 progress, opened my DC and completed it. Afterwards I reviewed the Chest for completing the daily part, but haven't received one for getting to 7/7. When I go to the window the guy(or gal;)) just says to come back later for a new challenge.

So will the Chest show up for me later? Or do I need to finish a daily while at 7/7 to get the Challenger Chest?

Reason I ask is because when I started doing DCs finally I started at 0/7, so if getting to 7/7 then doing another challenge is what unlocks my chest that would in fact be 8 days of DCs not 7 days...
I have had three extra prizes at 7/7. It can be easy to just collect the extra prize without being aware of it - there is no distinct congratulation screen or splash window, it just offers another prize in the same way it offers all the others (and the prize is like all the others, too: I have made a point of telling my guildmates on live worlds that it is like 'gain 7, get an 8th one free' rather than anything special as a prize.

If you really aren't sure whether you got the prize, I suggest you ask Support to check for you.

I think there should be a splash screen, like the one used for Incidents, to present the 8th prize. That would make it at least seem like something special, as well as being more noticeable.

DeletedUser8471

I have had three extra prizes at 7/7. It can be easy to just collect the extra prize without being aware of it - there is no distinct congratulation screen or splash window, it just offers another prize in the same way it offers all the others (and the prize is like all the others, too: I have made a point of telling my guildmates on live worlds that it is like 'gain 7, get an 8th one free' rather than anything special as a prize.

If you really aren't sure whether you got the prize, I suggest you ask Support to check for you.

I think there should be a splash screen, like the one used for Incidents, to present the 8th prize. That would make it at least seem like something special, as well as being more noticeable.
Well funny story... so I decided for sng I would get on the PC (since I'm home with nothing better to do) and opened the DC tab. Wouldn't you know it there's a "Collect" button and a Chest sitting next to it on a red banner beneath the quest giver....

*sigh*

Submitted a ticket during my process of discovery, adding a screenshot from both mobile and browser.

@Zarok Dai was reviewing it earlier, hopefully she can get this sorted for us Prinza, might want to check the browser version and see if you have any chests just sitting there ;)

DeletedUser8471

I am posting both Screenshots to clarify here what I mean. These were taken moments apart, and I still have not collected the chest in case I need to show more.

@Robert @Zarok Dai @Darkstar

Mobile App Screen
Beta DC mobile.jpg
PC Browser Screen
Beta DC browser.jpg

Frankiedk

Squire
On days where we have to gather more than 1000 of something, when you pass 1000, you start loosing track of how much is missing. For instance, if you have to gather 2500 Tavern Silver, when you pass 1000, you can no longer se how much is missing to complete. 2.4k/2.5K, am i missing 1 or 99. I see that it's nice with the shorter text, but when it only K its kinda bugging, and only saves 2 chars.
So please leave shortening out, as long as its in Quests or Tasks, where the exact number is important.

podkap1970

Emperor
On days where we have to gather more than 1000 of something, when you pass 1000, you start loosing track of how much is missing. For instance, if you have to gather 2500 Tavern Silver, when you pass 1000, you can no longer se how much is missing to complete. 2.4k/2.5K, am i missing 1 or 99. I see that it's nice with the shorter text, but when it only K its kinda bugging, and only saves 2 chars.
So please leave shortening out, as long as its in Quests or Tasks, where the exact number is important.
i have to agree, in quests you need to find a better solution for this please

DeletedUser6863

When you have either a DC, story, side, bonus or quest that asks you to gain X amount of (eg. happiness) the is a green line which shows how much you have gained. It would be good if when we hoover over this line it gives you the exact amount you have gained. At the moment it shows for example 1.2k/1.5k, but this could be 1201 or 1299 which is not good as you do not know how much more you need. You would need to add 300 to make sure but you might only need 201. I realize this is only a small problem but it would be good to be able to see exact amount added.

DeletedUser8448

Finish 45 5 minute productions. Seriously?
In the early ages, this may work, but later... not.
I have an idea for the devs: as we all have a real life, change the challenge to a weekly challenge, give us 28 quests during the week. And you show up 2 quests where we choose one of them. Having solved 14 means weekly challenge accomplished. This way we can drop quests we don't like. After 4 successfull weekly challenges, let's get an extra reward.

mbk28

Baronet
Hi,

I can't understant why we have some +1 or -1, if it's for when we miss, is there a maximum, i will live for a month and will have around -30 , what will happend?

DeletedUser7951

0 is the lowest amount of DC you can have, and 7 the highest.

Finish 45 5 minute productions
Agree this is a ridiculous amount, this is why we all are doing the Blacksmith's Empire. Not fun at all, just a chore and a no do

DeletedUser8471

I am reporting this now :)

Continuation to this...

When I opened my DC window, and after choosing which chest I wanted to go after today, the green "Collect" button and chest appeared where it should have before.

However after I opened it the progress bar has disappeared :eek:

Buggy mobile apps :D:p

I assume it will come back tomorrow or after I complete my current DC. Will keep you updated

SergeB1

Squire
Topic still going... the same questions without answers
I just want to share with the community my "happiness" of today's DC: 40 5-min productions... Forge of Blacksmiths forewer!

vakini

Squire
a part of daily challenges quest to me is "visit 45 Taverne", but if I as the text tells me (when holding my curser over a Friends Tavern): "visit a Friends Tavern", and no spaces in tavern, it dont counts.
Shouldn´t the quest text be "sit in 45 Taverns"?

DeletedUser

36 times 4 hour production

I must abort my daily productions to start them :rolleyes:
but no problem: I do it and then don't get one of the buildings. only the 10 FP