• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

I do not ask Inno to make quests easy every day - my main point is that I state that there are still a few points where we might be punished for actions which we did prior to the start of DC
Many people have agreed with this and in response, Inno have stated they will be allowing players to choose their own start time for a DC. When this is implemented, it is up to the player to set that time according to their own playing habits, which would presumably be just before they start doing anything of note on their city.

There will obviously be frustrations at times. You might have gained the tech for new dwellings a few days back and just finished upgrading your town, only to have a DC ask you to build a house. Well, tough: these things will happen and it is just as likely that you would have been asked to build that house during your upgrading, making it a very easy 'challenge'.

DC should be POSSIBLE without
* holding back actions such as collecting tavern silver or doing GE to stay prepared
* playing "Forge of Blacksmiths"
* stupidly clicking LOTS of 5-minutes-productions for HOURS
I agree.
Tavern Silver requirements should be possible within one day (I belive they are).

I really do not understand the demand to utilise lots of production buildings (whether hunters, blacksmiths or more sensible buildings for a city's age). Occasionally asking, just to make sure that newbies understand they have choices, maybe. But this incessant message Inno send out that the supplies great buildings (15% of Great Buildings) are a waste of effort because you must have lots of supplies buildings anyway .. it is just idiocy, not sensible strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdorseyfl

Farmer
It appears that the Daily Challenge is replacing Treasure Hunt. The major problem I have with it is it assumes players play the game on a set schedule. Some of us have real lives in the real world and to set a daily start time for challenging task is a little unfair. At least with Treasure Hunt the player gets to start the game on their time table. Moreover, I'm sure it's been said but when I started the game for whatever reason the server put me in the UK and I didn't notice. So I've developed all of these friendships and relationships with player in the UK and for me to effectively play Daily Challenge I would need to change my accounts to US servers. I am not giving up my UK friends (Donald Trump i'm NOT!). So losing 5 hours off the 24 hour clock makes the daily challenge much more challenging.

DeletedUser8471

I do not ask Inno to make quests easy every day - my main point is that I state that there are still a few points where we might be punished for actions which we did prior to the start of DC,
* such as collecting the tavern too early (even with a full and mostly active friends list "collect 3500 silver" challenges the action/non-action of other players instead of mine - and punishes me if I just have collected my tavern half an hour before start of DC. (Following scenario: If I set my start time at 6:30, get up at 6 a.m., collect the tavern (oops, I meant to wait, shouldn't play that early), start DC, get "collect 3500 silver" challenge, have to leave for work, can collect full tavern at 5:30 p.m. when I'm back from work and maybe another half-full tavern later in the evening - plus another full tavern next morning, but this is not enough for the challenge - would be enough if I would wait with collecting in the first morning until the DC starts).
* and such as doing GE too early (when being halfway through level 3 and then being challenged to win many battles in a row)

DC should be POSSIBLE without
* holding back actions such as collecting tavern silver or doing GE to stay prepared
* playing "Forge of Blacksmiths"
* stupidly clicking LOTS of 5-minutes-productions for HOURS

And again to your last part this is not something meant for all player to complete all the time. You have to pick and choose when you want to do them.

As for your Tavern dilemma. I assum you have a full friendlist and a fully upgraded Tavern?

I had stated previously this was in fact possible.

Full upgraded Tavern with all seats full earns 1355 Silver.
2 full collection leaves 790 left to obtain.
If you are able to get a half collection that is another 607 Silver, leaving 183 left to obtain.
Having the upgraded floor gives 30 silver 20% of Tavern visits. That means you need silver to show up on 7 visits. Going by exact 20% that is 35 visits. Throughout the day that should be more than feasible having 80 friends.

So even in your case where you have only 2-3 collections a day that is still possible to complete in 24 hours. It is feasible if you so choose to seek out and complete the task.

That is the Challenge aspect of the task. Actually having to check for Tavern openings a few times a day. Not sure about you but I am able to visit about 50% of the Taverns on my list throughout the day, only checking 2-3 times a day, which would fit into your scenario of only being able to collect 2-3 times a day, requiring you to challenge yourself to check for open seats as many times as necessary to complete the task.

I did all these complex calculations using the calculator app on my phone and viewing the numbers on a fully upgraded Tavern of mine in live servers. And again on beta I had 6 chairs and basicnfloor asking me to collect 1000, which using the same method would be feasible. 2-3 full collections and the rest from sitting in taverns.

While this is dependent on the players on your friendlist this would make you consider the players you keep on your list, challenging yourself to seek out new friends that will indeed visit you and clear seats in a timely manner.

Did you see how many times I was able to fit the word "Challenge" in there? Does it make sense yet? A Challenge that can be challenging to complete the Daily Challenge...

Challenge.

Once more.

C. H. A. L. L. E. N. G. E.

:D;)

DeletedUser8471

It appears that the Daily Challenge is replacing Treasure Hunt. The major problem I have with it is it assumes players play the game on a set schedule. Some of us have real lives in the real world and to set a daily start time for challenging task is a little unfair. At least with Treasure Hunt the player gets to start the game on their time table. Moreover, I'm sure it's been said but when I started the game for whatever reason the server put me in the UK and I didn't notice. So I've developed all of these friendships and relationships with player in the UK and for me to effectively play Daily Challenge I would need to change my accounts to US servers. I am not giving up my UK friends (Donald Trump i'm NOT!). So losing 5 hours off the 24 hour clock makes the daily challenge much more challenging.

They added in incidents to cover that....

And it seems you have made my point here. The Daily Challenge can be challenging to complete. That is the idea of a challenge, to be challenging.

PS: ever use a word so much it loses its meaning? Like it's not even a word anymore. Challenge. And the fact that my phone now knows I need to use the word challenge before I get through part of the word.

DeletedUser8471

I agree.
Tavern Silver requirements should be possible within one day (I belive they are).

I really do not understand the demand to utilise lots of production buildings (whether hunters, blacksmiths or more sensible buildings for a city's age). Occasionally asking, just to make sure that newbies understand they have choices, maybe. But this incessant message Inno send out that the supplies great buildings (15% of Great Buildings) are a waste of effort because you must have lots of supplies buildings anyway .. it is just idiocy, not sensible strategy.

See my post regarding Tavern silver requirements, believe I was able to make that clear for all, so you are correct in assuming it is indeed possible to finish in the time constraint.

I am still in the belief that these production requirements are brought upon by players having large amounts of special production building filling a sizable portion of their city. I need to full test my theory unless a developer can answer this for us.

The issue people seem to have with this is they do not want to cancel their. 24hour productions for fps (and I completely understand why). But Inno has worked a way around this. As you pointed out they have added the option to choose a start time, allowing players to sync up their collections with the start of DC.

They would need to make a decision then, "Do I opt out of fp production for a chance at this specific building? Or do play Forge of Blacksmiths and demolish portions of my city to complete the task?"

And the third option is to skip entirely and take the -1 penalty to the Challenger Chest progress. Decisions are going to have to be made in this regard, and all other more "difficult" tasks. Though I do feel there is a workaround for every task I have seen complained about here since making asjustments to the system.

DeletedUser5429

See my post regarding Tavern silver requirements, believe I was able to make that clear for all, so you are correct in assuming it is indeed possible to finish in the time constraint.
Yes. And no.
You do not control when the collect silver tavern happen, you do not control when players on your friend list clean their tavern, and when they visit your tavern. Holidays happen, week-ends happen, and there are days when many players won't come online, or have no time enough to visit all their friends.
Except if you have only VERY ACTIVE friends regarding taverns, collecting 3500 silver tavern can become easily difficult (if I may speak so).
So, to complete this challenge without too much trouble, you have to rely only on very active friends, thus letting the greatest part of the players in the trash. That begins to look like a capitalistic view of a game, doesn't it?

DeletedUser8471

Yes. And no.
You do not control when the collect silver tavern happen, you do not control when players on your friend list clean their tavern, and when they visit your tavern. Holidays happen, week-ends happen, and there are days when many players won't come online, or have no time enough to visit all their friends.
Except if you have only VERY ACTIVE friends regarding taverns, collecting 3500 silver tavern can become easily difficult (if I may speak so).
So, to complete this challenge without too much trouble, you have to rely only on very active friends, thus letting the greatest part of the players in the trash. That begins to look like a capitalistic view of a game, doesn't it?

If it was something that was detrimental to your overall progress I would say so, but because FoE has many forms of progress I disagree. This is not something that you are required to complete on a daily or weekly basis. Nothing in this game truly is unless under a time contraint. And even then, you still have the option to opt out entirely.

Let me explain it this way. The rewards that are offered could afford me the ability to fill my city with special buildings faster because this is essentially another weekly event with daily progress. However, I will most likely not participate every day on all of my worlds, only on days that the daily reward chest can offer me something I might want. At that point I have committed to attempt to complete the tasks to get my reward. If however I am unsuccessful I have the ability to return the next day and try to win a new chest. The real challenge comes in when you have decided to go for the 7/7 challenger chest. Of course I have seen the rewards offered in said chest show up when you get to choose the chest rewards for that day. This allows me to decide if it is worth me taking the plunge to attempt to complete.

Yes I agree having to wait on other peoples actions can be frustrating. There is always the option available to you at all times to remove highly inactive friends from your list to replace with players that are more active and will be able to fulfill your needs to complete these challenges, if you so choose to go after them.

All that being said there might come a time where I decide I want to go full force in an attempt to win the challenger chest on a weekly basis. It would require me to make sacrifices to my version of progress, and to redesign my city in such a way to make these daily challenging easier to complete. If that means I need to purge my friend list then I would do what must be done to complete the DC.

It all comes down to how much you really want to complete each and every task given every day every week for as long as it is required to obtain the prizes you seek.

If you are in the mindset that you must complete every obstacle Inno places in front of you, you are indeed making your gameplay a challenge from the start. The game has so many features that it can be overwhelming even for the most active of players.

I am not saying your style of play is any better or worse than mine, I am merely stating that this content was meant to be a challenge and can be just that to complete, all while still being feasible to finish in a 24 hour period. Just because you find it difficult doesn't mean others will not find it simple and easy each day. It is all about how much time and effort you want to spend, which can be said about every aspect of the game including building and utilizing strategies.

DeletedUser8341

Yes. And no.
This does highlight a potential issue, that active players are encouraged (even more encouraged) to abandon casual players. The upshot is that those casual players are more likely to drop out through lack of support and interaction.

Maybe we don't want such inattentive gamers. Maybe this is a group that never bring any income for Inno even if they stik around for years as an occasional player. If so, there is no problem.

But if we want such players (to plunder :eek:) to make our game experience good, or if some of these people bring in money at some point, then there is a problem with going too far in encouraging us to not have them on our friends/guild lists.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7585

Today's daily challenge for a medium medals package reward is 1. Contribute 10-fp's, 2. collect 26,00 coins, 3. Acquire 5 sectors on the cont Map and no alternate for #3. who is going to do all that for just a medium medals package. I didn't like the other reward either boost for attack either 5%, 10% or 15% and who knows what the challenge would be for that but it isn't even worth winning that so if you're going to have to acquire 5 sectors on the cont map you should win a WW, one of the shrines, or reno kit. Even then it's pretty tough. That #3 one should have an alternate. I finally got to +2 so now I'm back to +1. I think you should also get to choose what you win when you ever finally win 7 challenges. I think my chances are pretty slim about 15% to do it by Christmas when they're throwing in challenges from the Cont Map without an alternate. Only new players growing from Bronze to Colonial can have a chance at this in a relative time like a month. It should not take more than a month to win the daily challenge otherwise please change the name to Hard challenges for the really active player who just wants to be challenged.

DeletedUser7951

The 5 sectors are a bit thought I agree, but there are so many others that are much much more easier. And if you hadn't had 5 sectors to conquer that task would have been different too. Some challenges have to be though, otherwise it will be pretty bland and boring. I don't know how you play since you struggle so bad in finishing 7 challenges. I am a casual but daily player, got almost no troops, am a lot further on the map than in tech, my market has hardly any goods for next age, half of my friend's list doesn't play daily, very little FP production..and yet I have managed to complete 2 chests whilst ignoring those days it's just more work than I bother.

DeletedUser8471

Today's daily challenge for a medium medals package reward is 1. Contribute 10-fp's, 2. collect 26,00 coins, 3. Acquire 5 sectors on the cont Map and no alternate for #3. who is going to do all that for just a medium medals package. I didn't like the other reward either boost for attack either 5%, 10% or 15% and who knows what the challenge would be for that but it isn't even worth winning that so if you're going to have to acquire 5 sectors on the cont map you should win a WW, one of the shrines, or reno kit. Even then it's pretty tough. That #3 one should have an alternate. I finally got to +2 so now I'm back to +1. I think you should also get to choose what you win when you ever finally win 7 challenges. I think my chances are pretty slim about 15% to do it by Christmas when they're throwing in challenges from the Cont Map without an alternate. Only new players growing from Bronze to Colonial can have a chance at this in a relative time like a month. It should not take more than a month to win the daily challenge otherwise please change the name to Hard challenges for the really active player who just wants to be challenged.

As @NoffeNoff stated, if you have no map sectors available to conquer you won't see this task. I can see this being a problem for Events however, because the majority of them ask you to scout territories well after it asks you to acquire sectors, causing you to have an influx of sectors you don't want to compete and are saving for the next event.

But again, it's not meant to be easy it is meant to challenge you. There will be time you will have to make decisions based on what is best for you and your playstyle and if you even deem it worthy to attempt.

Remember too when it was first implemented any failure caused your progress to go to zero. Imagine they left that part in and you were at 6/7 and the last day you got one you couldn't do or just plain didn't want to waste sectors or whatever else it may have asked. You would have been more frustrated than ever, this way now you only lose a day of progress.

DeletedUser8471

And the part about map tasks having an alternate, this would help alleviate a lot of frustrations, BUT the alternate should still be a challenge, for example NOT donating goods to the treasury (we already do enough of that for events lol)

Something along the lines of "Acquire 5 sectors, OR defeat X amount of troops" (or win X amount of battles without losing, something along those lines). That way it is still possible, but a challenge all the same.

vesgouo

Baronet
z3tHdOe.png

DeletedUser6484

One of today's challenges = "Gain 6,600 population"
Before completing, the progress bar shows the amount of pop gained as a rounded number. For example, "6.5K/6.6K". It should show the full number instead of abbreviated in rounded format. For example, "6502/6600" would be much better so that player knows exactly how much more population needs to be gained. The values on the progress bar are also displayed in a tiny font. The font size should be increased.

DeletedUser8471

If you get rid of the sectors and don't scout ahead you won't see it. Or so Inno Devs have said.

I know you are saving them for Events, but they did change that.

This being said, it does make a point for there being alternates for those, while still remaining something that can be challenging.

Out of curiosity, how many Production type building do you have?

I'm testing to see how many of those cause that task to get so dramatic. Day 1 I had 0 anf it asked for 5 1-hours, day 2 it didn't ask for any. Day 3 it listed 8 15-minutes. I added 25 Blacksmiths today to see what it will start giving me.

DeletedUser8471

One of today's challenges = "Gain 6,600 population"
Before completing, the progress bar shows the amount of pop gained as a rounded number. For example, "6.5K/6.6K". It should show the full number instead of abbreviated in rounded format. For example, "6502/6600" would be much better so that player knows exactly how much more population needs to be gained. The values on the progress bar are also displayed in a tiny font. The font size should be increased.

Are you on browser? I know on mobile those type of quests show exact numbers. Strange that Mobile would have the upper hand on something lol

DeletedUser6484

Are you on browser? I know on mobile those type of quests show exact numbers. Strange that Mobile would have the upper hand on something lol
I am using browser. My fat fingers will not allow me to play this game on a phone. Even a tablet is difficult for me, lol.

DeletedUser8341

Could we have some comment from Inno, please?

1. Why are some players now playing DC on live servers while most on the same server are unable to do so? This started within two days of the announcement that there was no release date for DC and while players on the beta server are still under the impression that they are testing.
  2. Are the number of productions required by DC affected by the number of production buildings in the city?
  3. When will the ability to set a start time be introduced so that beta testing can begin using it and feedback on difficulty under the new conditions be given? Once we can set our own time, it may be that callenges are too easy, or still too hard.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Could we have some comment from Inno, please?

1. Why are some players now playing DC on live servers while most on the same server are unable to do so? This started within two days of the announcement that there was no release date for DC and while players on the beta server are still under the impression that they are testing.
  2. Are the number of productions required by DC affected by the number of production buildings in the city?
  3. When will the ability to set a start time be introduced so that beta testing can begin using it and feedback on difficulty under the new conditions be given? Once we can set our own time, it may be that callenges are too easy, or still too hard.
  1. Questions for live servers are probably best referred to the respective servers. Whoever the CMs there are they should be more informed about their servers than the Beta CM. Plus it would their task to handle feedback/questions for those same servers, I believe Zarok Dai has a lot going on with Beta. :)
  2. Quest conditions do not take into account the number of production buildings you have in your city. Though that's also probably not hard to notice if you make design changes in your city and remove/add production buildings.
  3. The ability to set a start time is already there and has been at least for a couple days, please see the daily changelogs for a precise date on when it started.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7942

Questions for live servers are probably best referred to the respective servers. Whoever the CMs there are they should be more informed about their servers than the Beta CM. Plus it would their task to handle feedback/questions for those same servers, I believe Zarok Dai has a lot going on with Beta.
I think because there are actual Inno responses here as opposed to Live forums some feel a question can be answered quicker and more accurately than going through the traditional pipeline.

Also, not saying anything negative about other CM's, but it seems Zarok Dai has some sort of magic powers to get answers and other things done where it seems at times she's right there in Inno HQ doing it lol.