• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

@Prinza the Hunter
Two things are important to keep in mind here: The other prizes you've also received along with your list (the ones you felt weren't worth mentioning), and the total time it's taken to acquire all of those prizes. I'm emphasizing not that DCs don't provide an advantage, but that the impact is far lower than some are trying to claim and especially so over the relatively short period of time they've been available (outside of the beta server), combined with the facts that you're not going to be winning big-ticket or even useful prizes every time you complete one because, as others have mentioned, there's a lot of 'junk' stuffed in next to all of those powerful/desirable prizes, and the odds are weighted accordingly.

Ultimately, this discrepancy might have some implication in the short term rat race but for any long-time player who's already established, or on any server that's not newly opened, the effects of DCs are not really going to have much of a game-changing impact. What good are DC rewards to someone who's already got a fully-built city with maybe a few areas they can remodel? What's the meaning of 'competitive edge' in DC rewards for a player joining an older server where there are maybe only a handful of new players coming in per week?
I think the impact of DCs can be huge. That collection of winnings on one of my worlds would give me 8FP - around 20% more. Add in the WW (or was it FoY .. doesn't matter) and other bits and it is a noteable advantage.

An advantage being given some but not others, Without any comment, explanation nor apology.

Even established players - perhaps especially established players - can find DC useful, particularly the chance to complete, or enhance, event sets. I know there are 'oldies' annoyed at seeing a brand new player with a couple of Cherry Garden pieces, while they have useless buildings clogging up their inventory which could really do with those extras to the set.

I don't care that some players won't bother with it, nor that some players wouldn't find it useful. If we considered the value of game elements on those basis, there would not be justification for anything!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy
You may have a point regarding new tech releases, in that the longer people play the game the higher their GBs tend to go and the more special buildings they tend to acquire which ultimately render even diamond buildings obsolete. It's possible that, even though research has more or less always unlocked the same stuff, that design may now be out of touch with what the game looks like for the more advanced/knowledgeable/active players. However, if it's the case that essentially all research unlocks are 'boring' and these unlocked buildings are never used, what can be done to change this?

The highest pop density house of an age still has use to some people (those with lots of barracks or goods buildings who don't rely on GBs for all their pop) - usually this means the diamond house - but sometimes the 24 hr one nonpremium one is good (OF's is). High frequency coin producers haven't been a popular choice for a long while though and I don't see a way to change that.

Supply buildings... make more people actually want supplies again. I'd suggest events of some sort that make people want to remodel their cities significantly on a regular basis (and yes i know there'd be outrage at being 'forced' to play a way they don't want to - but ultimately that's what sucks up coins and supplies, building stuff).

Most of all... don't put an age out in so many parts! Ballooning numbers of techs without increasing amount of exciting stuff in them is doomed to fail to impress. There's very little content with each release to actually keep anyone happy anyways. If they need to put releases further apart because of that that's ok especially since most of all they should come up with some better endgame activities that use current era troops and goods. GE is fine and all but once you're established in an age doesn't really take much support from your city - if it even still holds your interest at that point. Maybe if GE became 'infinite difficulties' and you just kept having to fight harder and harder crap til it got impossible but that doesn't jive well with the 'guild unlocks the difficulties for everyone at once' model. All Ages GvG is a bad joke due to spear sieges and lol-medals-costs. GB levelling with arcs also exceedingly easy. Plundering the neighbors isn't terribly rewarding given there's nothing you're actually working towards.

Hindsight summary :
- arc was too good and reduced the difficult objective of high level great buildings from the endgame making some players feel they're just "done" and not feeling like there's much to strive for anymore
- all ages GvG was a mistake and created problems that still haven't been solved completely with desirability of new age goods and utility of new age barracks
- GE was a nice addition but is no replacement for GvG when it comes to sucking up goods or encouraging people to remodel their city to fight different maps routinely.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2017-12-17 - replaced an inappropriate word

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8404

Sorry if I'm going back a bit here, but I see both sides of the DC debate. On the one hand, yes, they should be challenges if they're going to be called "daily challenges". On the other hand, some of them are either ridiculous (whether for their ease or their difficulty) or just downright annoying.

Given the way they're setup already, I'm wondering if "Weekly Challenges" might work better. Something where you have the ability to see what's coming up would be really nice, but even without, it gives you a bit more freedom to remodel your city or do whatever you need to do. X 8-hour productions, for example, would be much less annoying if you're quest-looping, because you'd have the freedom to do that at the end of your regular cycle without having to stop X production buildings when your current cycle is too close to the end of the day. Or you could build blacksmiths or what have you. Similarly, scouting and techs might become viable to add, if there's a lot of time available.

That said, I'd also like to see more alternatives offered. For example, with the combat ones, pure farmers are likely to have difficulty, or to not do them at all. Yes, there's the option of taking the -1 hit, but it would be easy to add "delete X units" or "recruit X units" as alternatives for those. Even farmers can get those via GE or temporarily putting up buildings (though there again, this works better over a longer time period, given the construction times as you get beyond the first few eras). At the same time, though, if these popped up with moderate frequency or asked for enough units, they would be a challenge to do, because you'd have to make a point of acquiring enough units to do these challenges when you get them. Similarly, fighter types might want to see quests to build specific unit types or acquire X units in favour of doing goods-related quests like acquiring or donating to the guild treasury.

I'm not looking to take the challenge out of DCs with any of this, though...just to give people options that they can do while requiring at least some amount of effort/planning/strategizing to keep it challenging.

DeletedUser5429

Today, I got as daily challenge
Finish 12 8hhour productions in production buildings
(plus three other criteria)

And as winter event quest
In a production building, finish the shortest production option 40 times
In a production building, finish a 1-hour-production option 12 times

Nothing impossible, sure, but I guess there is no check regarding quests cumulation at all ?

DeletedUser8341

On one Event, I was lucky and had several coinciding quests and challenges. Sometimes you get lucky, other times, you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7951

Most of the rewards is pretty useless. And the really good ones can't be too easy to obtain. Would ruin the balance of the game completely. FP is at least useful, not gathering dust in the inventory.

DeletedUser8410

I make over 140 fps a day in V world and I'm still very happy when I get 20 and 100 fp relics.

What is this guy even talking about? lol

DeletedUser

I’ve never heard a player complain about getting too many fps as a reward....
depends on the cost

if you must donate 200 goods into guild treasury and then get 10 FP that would be 20 goods per FP
but you could sell your goods to other players and pay less than 10 goods per FP

so if you buy a lottery ticket for 10$ and win 5$ you won money. everybody wants money. but you still lost
and DC is the same: you want to win a big thing not the thing you could get cheaper

I make over 140 fps a day in V world and I'm still very happy when I get 20 and 100 fp relics.

What is this guy even talking about? lol
what are you talking ? please go to the GE thread (there players discuss about relics) and leave the DC discussion (here you don't get any relics)

FP in the relics are the best thing you can win in silver and gold relics
not only the best thing. the only real good thing

FP in the DC often the worst thing in the chest

btw:
only 140 FPs ? I have more SoK than that. not talking about the other buildings that gives FP :p

and everybody is happy about FP relics. or can you tell me someone who won something better ?