• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser4381

I’ve never heard a player complain about getting too many fps as a reward....

You should read back on the boards. ;)

As an end-game player I look at the daily challenges to improve my city, mostly by the use of the building sets which are otherwise unavailable. I've completed the research tree as near as dammit, to the point that most of the tree is done and the remaining techs are FP'd and ready to unlock when needed/wanted, and I generate enough FP that all I can now do is level GBs with them. To get through the 7 consecutive daily challenges, which are designed to actually be a challenge rather than part of the daily routine and can actually take longer than 7 days, and to have got maybe one building (that I couldn't even choose) from a set is not going to make me want to invest my time.

To then get FP from the "super-duper chest" for completing the overall challenge (at the cost of quite a bit of time) is so far beyond a joke it's not even funny any more. If I need a few more FP I have hundreds of millions (or jillions in some worlds) of coins to buy them so, yes, I view FP as boring and pointless when it comes to the daily challenges.

DeletedUser8471

I’m just not understanding. Would you rather they take away the fps and throw up more coins/supplies rewards in place of them on those chests? Because I know I would rather have the fps than coins and supplies.

They are not going to remove fps from chest rewards and increase % chance on the “good” drops. No, instead they would replace them with something you would complain about even more. At least now if you don’t get the “good” reward you are still getting a decent reward. They are not going to simply give away so many prizes that make them money.... that’s not how it works....

And you can simply skip the days Challenege if you don’t feel like spending the 200 goods or whatever else the Challenege may be that day if you feel it too costly. 200 goods to me is chump change I would gladly turn over for a chance to win something decent and still be happy i at least for some fps our of it.

You are all a bunch of whiny babies demanding they only put the best of the best rewards in there and forgo the “crap” rewards you all claim no one wants. You don’t like what the chest offers? Skip it! It’s not like it’s something that must be completed or it disappears for a year or longer like an Event does, no in fact it stays with you 365(366) days a year, and theoretically will be in place for the remainder of the games life.

And I have been following this thread and have read nearly every single post here and the ones that complain about fps as reward blow my mind, be happy it’s not coins/supplies or you’d really throw a tantrum :p

DeletedUser4381

I’m just not understanding. Would you rather they take away the fps and throw up more coins/supplies rewards in place of them on those chests? Because I know I would rather have the fps than coins and supplies.

They are not going to remove fps from chest rewards and increase % chance on the “good” drops. No, instead they would replace them with something you would complain about even more. At least now if you don’t get the “good” reward you are still getting a decent reward. They are not going to simply give away so many prizes that make them money.... that’s not how it works....

And you can simply skip the days Challenege if you don’t feel like spending the 200 goods or whatever else the Challenege may be that day if you feel it too costly. 200 goods to me is chump change I would gladly turn over for a chance to win something decent and still be happy i at least for some fps our of it.

You are all a bunch of whiny babies demanding they only put the best of the best rewards in there and forgo the “crap” rewards you all claim no one wants. You don’t like what the chest offers? Skip it! It’s not like it’s something that must be completed or it disappears for a year or longer like an Event does, no in fact it stays with you 365(366) days a year, and theoretically will be in place for the remainder of the games life.

And I have been following this thread and have read nearly every single post here and the ones that complain about fps as reward blow my mind, be happy it’s not coins/supplies or you’d really throw a tantrum :p

Carry on being a sheep, Inno love you

DeletedUser8471

Carry on being a sheep, Inno love you

I’m a sheep because I’m being realistic? Hardly. I would love to get the best rewards for my city from DCs in every Chest I get, but I know it’s not reasonable. The game is designed to be played over years, so it would only make sense to have something that is potentially winnable ~52 times/year only at 7% when it’s the most prized building. Doing the math, just from the Challenger Chest, completing it every 7 days will theoretically net you 3.64 SoKs/year. That is pretty close to being in line with how many you can win from each Seasonal Event with the max currency gained without spending Diamonds on extra chests/presents (with the exception of Summer which you can bank a ton of goodies if you are in a highly active Hood and a relatively smart player).

So every year without spending Diamonds, completing all DCs and all Seasonal Events, opening chests/presents only on SoK days, you are looking at 12-15 (plus whatever you can snag from Summer). You want more of those buildings? You gotta fork over the diamonds during special buy offers or save them for extra currency during events for extra chances to win them.

I don’t at all work for Inno, nor do I ever care to be an employee of theirs. I don’t support the money grab techniques they employ on new unsuspecting players. That being said, I feel this feature was done rather well. For us to truly know how well it was done it needs to be released FULLY on live servers as Beta has clearly not allowed perfect testing for this feature, and limiting the feature to a small handful of players on Live has caused several legitimate complaints from players, especially with concerns to the 2 brand new worlds that were opened with some players having the feature and the majority not having it.

DeletedUser7704

22 8hr productions - really ????
- i can do it on beta, since i don't care about my city layout , but never on my main

DeletedUser4381

I’m a sheep because I’m being realistic? Hardly. I would love to get the best rewards for my city from DCs in every Chest I get, but I know it’s not reasonable. The game is designed to be played over years, so it would only make sense to have something that is potentially winnable ~52 times/year only at 7% when it’s the most prized building. Doing the math, just from the Challenger Chest, completing it every 7 days will theoretically net you 3.64 SoKs/year. That is pretty close to being in line with how many you can win from each Seasonal Event with the max currency gained without spending Diamonds on extra chests/presents (with the exception of Summer which you can bank a ton of goodies if you are in a highly active Hood and a relatively smart player).

So every year without spending Diamonds, completing all DCs and all Seasonal Events, opening chests/presents only on SoK days, you are looking at 12-15 (plus whatever you can snag from Summer). You want more of those buildings? You gotta fork over the diamonds during special buy offers or save them for extra currency during events for extra chances to win them.

I don’t at all work for Inno, nor do I ever care to be an employee of theirs. I don’t support the money grab techniques they employ on new unsuspecting players. That being said, I feel this feature was done rather well. For us to truly know how well it was done it needs to be released FULLY on live servers as Beta has clearly not allowed perfect testing for this feature, and limiting the feature to a small handful of players on Live has caused several legitimate complaints from players, especially with concerns to the 2 brand new worlds that were opened with some players having the feature and the majority not having it.

I don't want SoKs every time, or wishing wells, or other single buildings. (In fact I have double figures of those just sitting unused in my inventory, which I've mentioned in other threads before.) My problem isn't with the events rewards, I can (and do) skip those regularly if the prize doesn't improve my city. I clearly stated that I play the daily challenges for the special sets that are unavailable at this point in any other part of the game, and that my opinion was that the reward of FP from a 7+ day chain of challenges is boring and useless for me - especially compared to the time I need to invest. If you want to argue something else then do so, but you've picked a completely different argument to what I was actually saying.

Lionhead

Baronet
22 8hr productions - really ????
- i can do it on beta, since i don't care about my city layout , but never on my main

To lazy to do a new city layout?
I have already built DC-cities in 3 of 4 worlds on my national server - without a single Blacksmith, I might add. Only my main isn´t ready, but will be, when the announcement of release is posted. I could easily have done the 22 x 8 hr, just like I here on Beta yesterday did an 36 x 4 hrs despite a late start at 7.30 pm.
I haven´t done a deep and thorough cost/benefit analysis, because that´s not the intention of DC. At least not for me. DC is an aspect of the game, where the challenges and in particular solving them, is worth more in order to keep my interest in the game, than the prizes themselves. Without these challenges (and GE), this game would very much just be a slightly better version of Farmville to me. At least as long as IG refuses to adress the many flaws of GvG.

If players won´t make the decision to adjust, so they can do the harder parts (not impossible parts) of DC, then I´m perfectly fine they´ll be set back a day or two.

DeletedUser5429

50 times 1 hour production
AND
30 times 5 minutes production

Hello Inno ???
*despair*

DeletedUser8092

I have been getting very fustrated at daily quest and am about to stop completing them all together because sometime i complete the quest and it doesnt show completed, then I report it to support and they tell me sorry, we didnt see your ticket tell after the event and cant help you even when they admit it was an error on your end.
The quest are hard enough as it is to complete and when Im told even when i complete it i didnt it makes me not even want to try anymore. I mean come on Gain 1,300 happeness, 400 population, and complete 18 4hour productions. These are hard to do, so when i spend the supplies, coins, or time to get on and do them I feel i should be able to receive them without support errors.
Plus these requests are to hard with very little pay out, making not worth it anymore!
I did like completing quests for awhile before you made them so hard!

DeletedUser8092

Y
The 8 am start time is bad for those you play primarily in the evening, giving them little time to achieve the requirements. Expect high failure/no attempt rates from some daily players. I am about to enter Beta for the first time today and I am already 7 hours behind. (Although, in Arctic Future so, it's probably not available to me, yet.)
you can click options at top of daily quest and change start time now!

DeletedUser4381

- without a single Blacksmith, I might add.

You've mentioned this before. From the sounds of it you're an end-game player, which means you have access to the Crystal Flower store which also has a very small footprint. (I use them extensively in some worlds for DC stuff.)

If you want a proper challenge hitting the DC targets, you should try it with purely CE buildings.

DeletedUser8277

Today when I finished my challenge I received 12,000 coins... I could be wrong but I don't even remember coins being an option in the chest, or in any chest, let alone such a small amount. Has anyone gotten a bit of coin before as the prize? I do not remember the chest I selected last night as since the winter event started I haven't been making any concerned attempt to get 7 in a row. I could certainly be wrong but if so, 12K coin for a daily challenge is an awful prize.

I opened the chest in the GE window as that is where I finished it making me wonder if it was a bug and I got the prize for the encounter as that would have been more appropriate to be coins. I also only clicked on the avatar and not the collect button and the 'Prize 12K coins' came up.

DeletedUser8277

As I thought it might have been a bug I asked support about it and they were kind enough to check for me. Coins were in fact in the chest.

I really don't think coins should be an option for any chest. Certainly not at the numbers awarded. I understand that in making it a bit easier some concessions needed to be made but such a poor reward for what at times can be a quite complicated series of tasks is just going to lead more people to ignore DCs sooner in more established cities.

Sorry for the double post.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
The daily challenges force a player to play the game in a way that removes the strategizing aspect. This is a strategy game, and part of its inherent beauty and the reason I’ve played daily for over two years, is the infinite ways to play.
No one force you to do the daily challenges If you don't like it, just don't do it.
I love the daily challenges, I love, that I can choose between 2 chests. I may have bad luck some days, where RL or my setup in my town make it impossible for me to finish the challenges but there will be a new challenges tomorrow.
I can't wait to we get this on live serveres.

I really can't see, it is a big problem, that there will be days, where you can't make it but I guess someone rather want a daily gift.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Again challenging other people's actions, or non-actions?

Challenging%20other_people%27s_non_action%C2%BF%C2%BF%C2%BF.jpg

You should challenge ME (like with the 12x 4 hour-productions below), and NOT other people!!

BTW: When logging in before the start of the new challenge, the questgiver's portrait does NOT change to the closed chest - and so I got punished for collecting an almost full tavern after the set start of the challenge before leaving the house for dinner....

It is a challenge about keeping active friends on your friend list. If friends do not Mo / Po and do not visite your inn, kick them of the list and find some better friends :)

DeletedUser

then I report it to support and they tell me sorry, we didnt see your ticket tell after the event and cant help you even when they admit it was an error on your end.

This is related to a bug that is affecting gain population or happiness challenges. It took us some time to identify the problem, and we are hoping to have a fix for it later this week.
While I am sorry that there have been some players affected by this, and I was unable to manually correct the issue if the challenges were expired, it is important to remember we are a test server, and at least we have found the problem, so this will no longer be an issue when challenges are released to the live servers.
It is one thing to say you don't want to continue with challenges because they are too difficult for you, or you feel they are imbalanced. It is an entirely different thing to say you do not want to continue with them due to a bug.
Our purpose here is to find bugs, and I am very pleased we have identified this bug before this is fully released.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Most of the rewards is pretty useless. And the really good ones can't be too easy to obtain. Would ruin the balance of the game completely. FP is at least useful, not gathering dust in the inventory.
I have to agre with this. Not all of us are in the high timeages, FP's is a very nice reward for many of us.