• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Great Buildings Level Up Window

DeletedUser

not considered yet
needs 6 month to completely work

so sure not before Christmas 2018 on live server :eek:

and we've seen arguments for both sides.
... and decided that the players who don't want it win

a poll to really decide which side is favored more would be the minimum
and then after that not only considering about it but working on it should be the next step

and if the majority is against it you could say:
it will not be implemented because the players don't want it

DeletedUser

fill 100 GB and you can do the FP quest 100 times :D

you are ridicilous
you want to do 20 quests for one GB and for that reason all other must donate slow

DeletedUser

... and decided that the players who don't want it win

There was more feedback considered than just what players ask for. There are technical issues and balancing issues involved. There are also considerations of how a change like this would affect future design plans and game content.
However, in my opinion, as long as everyone is using the same game mechanic, no one has any advantage or disadvantage over another as it works the same for all of us.

DeletedUser5641

Don't tell me it's woth levelling it up to the 100th for 15 quests a day because without the FP spending most players would be able to finish 15 at most! Don't be ridiculous man! :D :D
seems like you didn't see the best recurring quest of all: have less than 42 population ;)

OlifaNT

Merchant
This window will not be reversed, though it still can be improved.
However, in relation to all of the posts here discussing a user defined number of FP's, as I stated in this announcement:

Also, a special mention to two pieces of feedback that we've received and will keep in mind, but currently have no immediate plans for:
  • "An option to define a custom amount of Forge Points to contribute": This would be a fundamental change to how contributions work, and we've seen arguments for both sides.
This does not mean it may never happen, but it is not being considered for implementation at this time.

So you are telling me this bug will be implemented on our main worlds?
So we are no longer in control of our 2 and 5fp packs?
And even worse, when we run out of those (on my main I posses 862*2fp's and 744*5fp's, but I dump about 35.000fp per day) it will start eating the 10fp packs which leaves me with 9fp in my bar?
This is insane!!

What a @%^P(_*@%^ joke.

Achaeus

Marquis
Folks, I know some of you did not get the new GB Contribution window when it was released back in January and some did, but as one of those who did I have found the window easier to use once I got the hang of it. Fewer clicks, albeit it required some forethought before going in to contribute FP's if they were not already on my bar. In fact I got so used to doing that, I now do it in live without thinking about it even though I have the old window there. The New window is here to stay, so lets try to help Inno with some constructive comments instead of another round of mean nasty comments and arguments that have already been made if you had taken the time to read the posts back in January. Honest! You will get used to it and in a few months you may even like it!

DeletedUser8071

I can't get use to the button response time. I would like it better if it didn't pause. I can add with two clicks faster that one slow click.

DeletedUser6484

I just received the new window with the last release. I don't understand the order of how it is drawing from my FPs.

I had 2 FP in my bar and a large number of every size FP pack in inventory. I clicked the 10 FP button to donate to a friend's GB. He received the 10 FP but my bar reduced to 1 FP. What is the logic? Did the system take 1 FP from bar, 2each of 2FP packs and 1 5FP pack? Why wouldn't it have used 2 FP from the bar and 4 each of 2 FP pack or just simply use a 10 FP pack? I don't understand. Somehow I feel like I may have lost an FP with this new methodology.

Also would be nice if Inno would make the window a little easier on the eyes. The list of donors is now much smaller font and very hard to read.

DeletedUser7905

@Zarok Dai, i have an important suggestion to share with you.

For recurring quests, why do we have to cancel the one that we do not want to do?
My idea seems crazy, but I think for example, in AF for the quest to spend 99 pfs, instead of having to spend 99pfs and then take the reward, anulate another 10 quests to start again (it takes a long time) Why not select it, and it would validate it from 99 pfs but we could continue to spend our pfs up for example 1000 pfs and we would have, not one but 10 rewards!

For a game as well known, I do not find it normal to have to lose so much time to cancel the quests!

A good word ...

PS: Sorry for my English, it's not my language of birth

SirSmithy

Squire
@Zarok Dai, i have an important suggestion to share with you.

For recurring quests, why do we have to cancel the one that we do not want to do?
My idea seems crazy, but I think for example, in AF for the quest to spend 99 pfs, instead of having to spend 99pfs and then take the reward, anulate another 10 quests to start again (it takes a long time) Why not select it, and it would validate it from 99 pfs but we could continue to spend our pfs up for example 1000 pfs and we would have, not one but 10 rewards!

For a game as well known, I do not find it normal to have to lose so much time to cancel the quests!

A good word ...

PS: Sorry for my English, it's not my language of birth

I think this is the way to go. Just donate the amount what you want, and the quest will be fulfilled as many times as possible. (by 990 FPs int case of the 99FPs quest 10 times. So you get 10 rewards.) Then this way you can have the field for entering the wished amount...

Achaeus

Marquis
I just received the new window with the last release. I don't understand the order of how it is drawing from my FPs.

I had 2 FP in my bar and a large number of every size FP pack in inventory. I clicked the 10 FP button to donate to a friend's GB. He received the 10 FP but my bar reduced to 1 FP. What is the logic? Did the system take 1 FP from bar, 2each of 2FP packs and 1 5FP pack? Why wouldn't it have used 2 FP from the bar and 4 each of 2 FP pack or just simply use a 10 FP pack? I don't understand. Somehow I feel like I may have lost an FP with this new methodology.

Also would be nice if Inno would make the window a little easier on the eyes. The list of donors is now much smaller font and very hard to read.

King Robert, I believe the sequence is to take the FP's off your bar, then to use the 2 FP packs in your inventory, then 5, and 10's. Any remaining FP's are added back to your bar. So if you had sufficient 2 FP packs in your inventory to fulfill the swap then those would should have been used and you probably had 1 remaining which was put back onto your FP Bar.

I agree that it does not make sense that you had 1 FP left on your bar if you started with 2, it seems it should have used the 2 and taken 4 FP packs from your inventory. It sounds like it used your 2 from the bar, then took a 5 FP pack and a couple of 2 FP packs and left the remainder on your bar. If you have the time before you make a swap again try to check your FP inventory before and after the swap, maybe they changed the sequence for taking FP's from inventory.

OlifaNT

Merchant
With this new bug we will all run out of 2 and 5 packs within days. ending up with endless 9fp's in our bar.
Please do not introduce this bug into our live servers!

qaccy

Emperor
Summary of the 'custom FP amount' argument: Wanting more rewards from a Chateau that somebody's worked to level (to actually utilize the bonus) vs. wanting to move one step closer to having the game open as little as possible.

You can probably tell which side I'm on. If you don't want to put in effort to get something, then simply pass on it - there are others who do. Yes, it takes time to donate a large amount of FP to a high-level GB. But if you look at the game as a whole, is time not one of the most important resources? If you feel like it takes too long, simply don't do it and leave it for the ones willing to do so. Don't complain about it being 'too hard' or taking 'too long' and completely kill some players' method of playing this aspect of the game to support your own lazier playstyle.

Andi47

Overlord
While "GB hunting" I got some experience in fast-clicking - and I noticed that with the old UI I can spend FPs FASTER then with the new window - despite I need two clicks for spending a 10 FP package with the old window.

I literally don't understand anybodys argument against being able to customize how many FP they want to donate. It just sounds to me as if you guys want big donators to suffer for some insane selfish reason, and don't want the game to better for everyone to play. There is literally zero downside to this idea, except I guess players being happy.

I don't consent to being subject to your masochism. Aid-all button, please!

SirSmithy

Squire
I literally don't understand anybodys argument against being able to customize how many FP they want to donate. It just sounds to me as if you guys want big donators to suffer for some insane selfish reason, and don't want the game to better for everyone to play. There is literally zero downside to this idea, except I guess players being happy.

I think you are playing a different game, if you write this.

There are a lot of players who put time and effort having Arch and Frontenac that high. Your selfish thinking should not kill their game.

DeletedUser

Your just trying to make the game as easy as it can be, one click for this and one click for that :)
What you call masochism others call gaming, spending time having fun with what they do.