• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2022

SirAlucard

Steward
Seeing that nobody mentioned it before and maybe it's an mistake on my side, but I used today my last stars on the event. I did get quite a lot of prizes and also found the key field a few times. BUT I did NOT get the daily key, I only got key parts. As I said, maybe I made a mistake and the last chance for a whole key was yesterday, but maybe I could be correct and the last key just wasn't given. I didn't count the days. If I'm wrong, just ignore me. :cool:

CrashBoom

Legend
Seeing that nobody mentioned it before and maybe it's an mistake on my side, but I used today my last stars on the event. I did get quite a lot of prizes and also found the key field a few times. BUT I did NOT get the daily key, I only got key parts. As I said, maybe I made a mistake and the last chance for a whole key was yesterday, but maybe I could be correct and the last key just wasn't given. I didn't count the days. If I'm wrong, just ignore me. :cool:
today is day 33
there are only 32 keys

and the last daily quest was yesterday available

so works as intended by InnoGames

that the event has one day too much after the end was already mentioned above
that could be a bug . but doesn't really matter

Herr Voxner

Merchant
Just wanted to report I finished all the quests and was not able to get the final upgrade to the main event building.

I think there should be one more upgrade offered.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
18 if purchase it from app
15 if from browser
Thnx for the clarification.
you had to pay cash for the winer event pass?
Yeah, it's some ridiculous A/B "test" basically if you're on the wrong group you're a Beta victim of the gradual change to P2W model of FoE. While the lucky once's don't have to pay money if they want the event pass. Don't worry I'm sure they'll rolling it out for all players in 2024 at the latest. Cause it surely buffs revenue and that's what's probably making this "test" either a succes or not. Don't worry, eventually we'll probably met with event currency for cash only. At least if the current way of gradually replacing freemium features into payed features.
Either way I rather look at it as a discouragement program for diamond buyers.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The Winter Prizes were only available for diamonds here on beta.
It's about the live situation, some "test" is supposedly going on, for some the event pass is a freemium feature, for victims of the test its a payed feature. Unless I'm gravely mistaken Inno is a company who's purpose is to turn a profit. Changing freemium features in a payed feature, might be a way to buff profits. Though unfortunately as they're "testing" through A/B groups some players have fallen victim of this as for others it's a freemium feature. Giving those who ain't a victim an large advantage over those who are.
I meant with Beta victim not Beta. Rather a early victim on live of this change. As when you're on that wrong group you're part of live "beta" testing.

Kronan

Viceroy
yes, but this discussion was about the Halloween Event, not Winter Event. In the Winter Event, it was only available for diamonds here.

Thank you Juber. Will adjust my post to reflect that focus (Halloween Event vs Winter)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
yes, but this discussion was about the Halloween Event, not Winter Event. In the Winter Event, it was only available for diamonds here.
So, Inno cancel the A/B "testing" with event pass for cash on live? Cause event passes are a pretty major part of the (winter) event(s) and the valuation of such. Most specifically if it's either worth bothering chasing after or not. If the ridiculous A/B "testing" is cancelled, even though spoilers and logic suggest otherwise, it'll change it, if not it means for victims it's an unfair price increase of €15-18

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I am just saying, that there was no test for the Winter Prizes here and it was available for 1200 diamonds for everyone.
So, because Beta isn't affected by the A/B "testing" it isn't relevant for the winter event (later on for live)? Cause imho it is greatly relevant that some victims of this "testing" are presented with another offer then the non-victims. Mainly a pay €15-18 for a "discount" on additional grand prize(s) vs a freemium option for the "discount" on additional grand prizes. Just because Inno doesn't bother Beta testers with this involuntary "testing" doesn't mean it's irrelevant for the respective event. As it very much affects the price for involuntary "testers" or victims of this practice. While it's handing out indirectly an unfair advantage to those who ain't a victim since they have acces to the same feature as an freemium option, rather then an payed feature.
It's also a huge shame that they don't notify victims that they're involuntary chosen to be part of an "test" group which changes a freemium option into an payed option for them and no way of signing out of this. As given the option to signing out, would massively speeding up the results for Inno. Those who sign off from it clearly stated that they won't using the feature if it's changed to a payed feature but simultaneously Inno could observe them buying it when it's offered as an freemium option and may even spending cash on diamonds for the event currency.
Just too bad I'm the only one who seems to understand that making a freemium feature for all, then turning it into a payed feature for some, has an massive impact on events for those who became an victim and perhaps later when the "test" is deemed an succes, for everyone. It's just the beginning of a transition from freemium to P2W events.

Last edited: