• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2022

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
foe_winter_logo_22.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Wednesday, October 19th, our Winter Event returns once again!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Ted's Choc sounds sus." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This is a very intriguing building if the nutcracker guardhouse is worth having at all. A building that keeps making more buildings and could turn your entire city into a christmas village :)

Looking forward to stats! (edit: or possibly dreading :p i'm conflicted)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
This is a very intriguing building if the nutcracker guardhouse is worth having at all. A building that keeps making more buildings and could turn your entire city into a christmas village :)

Looking forward to stats! (edit: or possibly dreading :p i'm conflicted)
Well, of course you won't get many fragments for the building, so it will take a while to do so. :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, of course you won't get many fragments for the building, so it will take a while to do so. :)
Not many fragments isn't the worry - it potentially not being worth placing when you get the fragments is what I need to see numbers for! lol

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Some of the images seem like they have placeholders in them - i.e. there appears to be energy drinks from a sports event in the bonus pass. And the daily special and one of the event pass rewards are the crow's nest which is summer event territory...

Any info on whether this is something we should read into? Are we going to get more off-season prizes available? Or are these just preliminary images?

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Looking forward to see more about the buildings, the new mechanic is very interesting, been some talk about it for a while so nice to see it added!

I'm sad to see the minigame returns more or less unchanged ... seems like the time went to update the "reindeer sleigh" with some additional extras. Speaking of which, I think it can be confusing for some to spend diamonds and not get anything immediately. First you can spend diamonds to choose both rewards, but you then also have to spend (4k?) diamonds to buy all the presents afterwards. For people who don't know, this could very easily result in wasting diamonds to choose both, either because you don't want to or can't buy the rewards afterwards.

Perhaps a solution could be to give back the diamonds spent at the end of the event if the santa bag isn't bought?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Some of the images seem like they have placeholders in them - i.e. there appears to be energy drinks from a sports event in the bonus pass. And the daily special and one of the event pass rewards are the crow's nest which is summer event territory...

Any info on whether this is something we should read into? Are we going to get more off-season prizes available? Or are these just preliminary images?
You have not read the full announcement, have you? :p
Note: All images are WIP. They will be replaced by better ones during the Event here on Beta.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Not my favorite event, as it is another largely chance-based affair instead of strategy based. Also, an event that lasts a full month is overly long imho. The shuffle remains, seemingly as demotivating as ever.

Agree that a little effort into making the mini-game a bit different would have been appreciated. The fun-tedium balance has been trending poorly as of late. I understand the need to reel in the diamond spenders, as they pay the bills. But F2P players keep the numbers high enough that not every aspect of the game feels like PVP Arena’s “me against the AI”.

While the sleigh is replaced by the elves workshop, the dynamics seem pretty much the same. It’ll be targeting folks who buy 2 or more event buildings during events; and not F2P folks.

With the loss of the event hub, I’m curious to see how doable it is to get the event building without diamonds, regardless of how fanatical one is about daily play and incident searching. Of course, you can increase the number of upgrades received for the main event building by ignoring the keys and calendar.

I see (price-gouging), ah, um, inflation is present at Inno: 9999 diamonds to pick 2 prizes, neither of which would be exciting as a DS prize, and 115 diamonds to switch prizes? And fragments of a mass self-aid kit? Maybe this year's theme is Scrooged?
@MooingCat proposes a reasonable tweak:
give back the diamonds spent at the end of the event if the santa bag isn't bought

Emberguard

Emperor
@Juber just to be clear, is that 9,999 diamonds to place items in a pool of prizes that we then have to pay diamonds for? OR is that 9,999 diamonds to put those items in inventory without additional charge?

CrashBoom

Legend
Note: All images are WIP. They will be replaced by better ones during the Event here on Beta.

:rolleyes:

@Juber just to be clear, is that 9,999 diamonds to place items in a pool of prizes that we then have to pay diamonds for? OR is that 9,999 diamonds to put those items in inventory without additional charge?
to put the item into the prizepool
but the 10k is not the correct amount

but I am missing the option: take none

Emberguard

Emperor
to put the item into the prizepool
but the 10k is not the correct amount

but I am missing the option: take none
I'm less concerned about the price at this point (no way I'd even consider it at 10k anyway) and more concerned on whether the mechanic is asking for something to be paid for twice.

There is no way people won't find that graphic confusing and think the purchase button is an outright purchase of the items presented