• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2022

samson42

Farmer
Really?
You are taking the decision to move to only cash option based on only the Halloween event pass buy statistics? An event pass that was not worth a single dime?
You gotta be kidding me.

Balancing or at least some how reducing farming in GG, you cannot deploy on live, Because of not enough data, but this decision is taken with on sample (and a bad one in addition...)

kawada

Marquis
Also, I had a feeling that probability to get the daily prize was very low. At the beginning of event, daily prize would be almost always found at the very last gift box (except the shuffle one), then I was getting shuffles again and again after 3-4 open gifts with no daily prizes.
based on my personal experience and feedback of my guildmates, it’s even worse on live servers. Out of 400ish stars, I got one Winter Canal selection kit. shuffle thingy would pop up every time when 1-2 gifts left. I’ve never been so “unlucky” in any even before.

probably, it’s a bad idea to go for many levels building unless you already have a bunch of upgrades in your inventory or ready to have fun with AD.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Running a side city since summer event, I must say the "buy 5fps" quests are deadly to any new player. While "briljant" to sabotage stacked fps in the fp-bar, it just frustrates new players. As the costs rising quickly. I don't think it's a good idea to keeping this quest specifically in events with this frequency (2> per event is too much).

Of all events, I HATE this one the most; Innocheate... ah, sorry, Innogames at their best.

And all they would need to do to make this a decent event would be to make that 'shuffle' garb... aah, sorry, gift a separate button, on call of the user.
...but then they wouldn't have complete control of what everyone gets, and that's unacceptable for Inno.

Of all events, I HATE this one the most; Innocheate... ah, sorry, Innogames at their best.

And all they would need to do to make this a decent event would be to make that 'shuffle' garb... aah, sorry, gift a separate button, on call of the user.
...but then they wouldn't have complete control of what everyone gets, and that's unacceptable for Inno.
The shuffle is a free turn (you get your 10 stars back) that provides a match. If a player is only chasing calendar keys or daily specials they can be annoying but when chasing the Event Buiilding they are great.

The shuffle is a free turn (you get your 10 stars back) that provides a match. If a player is only chasing calendar keys or daily specials they can be annoying but when chasing the Event Buiilding they are great.
Wouldn't having a shuffle button also be appreciated by people who want daily? They could make it cost 10 stars to balance it.

I literally spent 200+ stars and got 5 shuffles and zero calendar keys earlier today on live.

Owl II

Emperor
Wouldn't having a shuffle button also be appreciated by people who want daily? They could make it cost 10 stars to balance it.

I literally spent 200+ stars and got 5 shuffles and zero calendar keys earlier today on live.
Well, collecting a calendar in a winter event is a crazy idea. If you need 2 up, then it's better to spend diamonds on stars. If you want a portrait of Nicholas... it's not cheap. But it will be safer to just buy fragments of the key:)

Well, collecting a calendar in a winter event is a crazy idea. If you need 2 up, then it's better to spend diamonds on stars. If you want a portrait of Nicholas... it's not cheap. But it will be safer to just buy fragments of the key:)
Technically you could hit two birds with one stone - by buying more stars you find the calendar key and additional points for the houses. Thats given you don't buy the key fragments though, that's probably the downfall.

CrashBoom

Legend
the thing is:
if you want a 2nd building you must buy stars
and if correct used those stars automatically gives the calendar
:p

and if you don't want a 2nd building
you don't need those 2 calendar upgrades and you also don't need to buy any stars ;)

Owl II

Emperor
Technically you could hit two birds with one stone - by buying more stars you find the calendar key and additional points for the houses. Thats given you don't buy the key fragments though, that's probably the downfall.
If you catch keys with free stars and do all DC, then you will need about 10 master keys to close the calendar. 10 master keys cost 5k diamonds. This is the cost of the portrait, and it is less than the cost of the second building. 10 keys for the stars will cost you more. And if you are unlucky, they can cost much more. I spent 340 stars once before I got to the key. Here on beta :)

If you catch keys with free stars and do all DC, then you will need about 10 master keys to close the calendar. 10 master keys cost 5k diamonds. This is the cost of the portrait, and it is less than the cost of the second building. 10 keys for the stars will cost you more. And if you are unlucky, they can cost much more. I spent 340 stars once before I got to the key. Here on beta :)
By DC do you mean the daily task? If so, you should have a few to spare without having to buy fragments. With an average of 2 fragments for 30 days, 60 fragments divided by 5 fragments per key is about 12 extra keys. If I had enough, I'd save my stars for the next day and just use the extra key. You definitely don't want extra keys by the end of the calendar. If you totally boned every day without getting the key, then yeah I guess 500 diamond keys x18 days = 9000 diamonds, which is about what I had at the start of the event. But to get the extra building without the calendar would have cost at least that and real cash on live with the event pass with the extra stars/turns you would need?

Owl II

Emperor
By DC do you mean the daily task?
Yes. This is the only reliable way to get the keys in this event.
If so, you should have a few to spare without having to buy fragments. With an average of 2 fragments for 30 days, 60 fragments divided by 5 fragments per key is about 12 extra keys. If I had enough, I'd save my stars for the next day and just use the extra key. You definitely don't want extra keys by the end of the calendar. If you totally boned every day without getting the key, then yeah I guess 500 diamond keys x18 days = 9000 diamonds, which is about what I had at the start of the event. But to get the extra building without the calendar would have cost at least that and real cash on live with the event pass with the extra stars/turns you would need?
I was catch keys in gifts on beta only if I accumulated 150+ stars. As a result, I received 11 complete keys from the gifts and 11 fragments. that is 2/3 of the required. At the moment, I am missing 2 upgrades for the second chocolateria on the live server. I got to 660 stars by spending something like 12k diamonds. And I need 9 more keys for the full calendar. Next, I need to either get to 740 stars by spending another 4-5k diamonds. Or just buy 4-6 fragments of the key and get 2 upgrades from the calendar, which will be cheaper. How much it will cost to get fragments of the key for the stars, even MooingCat will not tell us.

Yes. This is the only reliable way to get the keys in this event.

I was catch keys in gifts on beta only if I accumulated 150+ stars. As a result, I received 11 complete keys from the gifts and 11 fragments. that is 2/3 of the required. At the moment, I am missing 2 upgrades for the second chocolateria on the live server. I got to 660 stars by spending something like 12k diamonds. And I need 9 more keys for the full calendar. Next, I need to either get to 740 stars by spending another 4-5k diamonds. Or just buy 4-6 fragments of the key and get 2 upgrades from the calendar, which will be cheaper. How much it will cost to get fragments of the key for the stars, even MooingCat will not tell us.
I guess it just depends on luck. I think I missed 2 days of daily participation but I had just under 9000 diamonds in my pocket from GEX that went entirely to buying more stars, I would have had to buy about 3000 more diamonds for star attempts to complete the second building immediately (as of yesturday when I did the calculation). So maybe the 12k diamonds is right on the money, maybe a little less as we had another week left.

Overall its a lot of crappy prices going to the dealer, about 200 over the course of the event. The event was really good, but the event mechanic of shuffle is the one thing that could vastly improve the entire event, but we've been complain for years and nothing change, so boo hoo I guess.

Owl II

Emperor
I guess it just depends on luck. I think I missed 2 days of daily participation but I had just under 9000 diamonds in my pocket from GEX that went entirely to buying more stars, I would have had to buy about 3000 more diamonds for star attempts to complete the second building immediately (as of yesturday when I did the calculation). So maybe the 12k diamonds is right on the money, maybe a little less as we had another week left.

Overall its a lot of crappy prices going to the dealer, about 200 over the course of the event. The event was really good, but the event mechanic of shuffle is the one thing that could vastly improve the entire event, but we've been complain for years and nothing change, so boo hoo I guess.
Well, I miscalculated. It was possible to save about 2-3k diamonds. But I spent it on outposts. Which is also not very smart in this event, however