• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2020

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
And which is the price of your set?50k diamonds?

Didn't calculate it. I don't even want it if I *could* build it :p All 3 of my live cities are in a state of making hard choices about what to delete and *if* I got this in a *perfect* setup it'd already be right on the border of "well maybe that's gone soon". Was just theorycrafting if you could build as many as you want what would you build?

3 can get all bonuses with roads 10 squares apart: i.e.

View attachment 6097

It wouldn't be too hard to work around that with some additional 5x5, 4x5 buildings etc to even things up.

"Most efficient" if you can pick two bakeries you actually want would be:

View attachment 6098

But even in this state you just basically have 5 "ok" event buildings. It might be worth aiming for on a brand new city. But if you're in the phase of city development where you're looking for event buildings to sell regularly to make space, these are not worth the nuisance.

Does that make sense ? Regarding the boni of the last event buildings ? Looks like a lot of wasting space...

GateKeeper

Baronet
I think I'm missing the part of the buildings, what and where do you get the other 2 buildings to connect to the Special Building?

Fenix

Viceroy
I do not like this event.
A simple picture: finding a key is the same as finding a special, both should give us a reindeer. And it's almost impossible to find a key per day.

1602033185751.png

jovada

Regent
Could it be the worst event building of the year? I think it is!

Not only the worst event building but also the worst event of the year, worser then that ship cargo event.

For the calendar you have to find a key every day and if you hit the shuffle a few times you can forget it, but if you are lucky and find it immediatly, followed by the shuffle, you can play again and maybe collect an extra lockpick, but don't be to happy because you need 10 lockpicks to open 1 slot. or you can open your slot each day paying 500 diamonds.

Calendar + reindeer sleigh + 3 (not really good) buildings max upgrade makes it the worst event ever.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I'm not minding the Key part so much, Day 1 was 10fps for the rewards, I'm imagining these prizes will be equal somewhat all the way through, 10fps, 25 goods? maybe 5 troops? we will see.
Keys will be hard to get on those days where you only get the Daily cookies from the logon quest and the 1 or 2 daily quests. Those days your looking at only 3 tries!
500 diamonds to pick 1 box is crazy expensive. even at 50 diamonds a day, its expensive,
I would treat the Advent Calendar like the Reindeer prizes, probably not worth the diamonds, unless you get extremely lucky with your prizes. My first two reindeer prizes are another level 1 Special building, and a drumroll...a mass self aid kit.... 7 prizes to go for a bargain rate of 2995 diamonds ;)

GateKeeper

Baronet

View attachment 6097

It wouldn't be too hard to work around that with some additional 5x5, 4x5 buildings etc to even things up.

View attachment 6098

But even in this state you just basically have 5 "ok" event buildings. It might be worth aiming for on a brand new city. But if you're in the phase of city development where you're looking for event buildings to sell regularly to make space, these are not worth the nuisance.
Oh so the the 2 unique buildings we need are actually 2 Special Buildings? thats interesting....the best layout might be to pyramid them.... and place some random 2x3 or 3x2 (yes I confused which way they going lol) between them, put Bakery B and C, at you cities edge. not sure, just spit balling lol

1602038445656.png

Zolhex

Merchant
Calendar ~ get a key everyday to open the door for the day .... ok well having 1 key mixed in with the all presents you can open and the shuffle still being something you can hit makes this part have total suck written all over it as I can say with 100% certainty NO ONE will open every door with out paying money!

Every present you open should have a chance at dropping a key and not a chance of 0.001% this isn't World of Warcraft! more like 40 to 60 % chance.

Fenix

Viceroy
please let me know if you see any more ambiguous phrasing.

You asked for it.

In the text: " That's not all! Each day a new Daily Special will be hidden among the Mystery Presents! When revealing a Daily Special, you will also find one of the 9 lost Reindeers! Once you have found your first Reindeer, it will reveal a hidden reward offer which can be claimed using diamonds! Help return all the reindeer to their sleigh. Collect 9 Reindeers to unlock more rewards and get yourself a better deal. "

"hidden reward" should be replaced by "hidden purchase" and "rewards" by purchases

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Day 2 key, 3 frags of a SoK
Thx for the info - not really worth it in my books

At least, this convinced me to not try to go for the calendar.

To really bother with the calendar, it should contain stuff on the level of the daily specials. But 10FP/3fragments renders the calendar absolutely irrelevant. Only the final reward portrait might be enticing to some - but as you will invest quite some diamonds for it, you at the same time should have a need for the bakeries as well.

Last edited:

caro

Farmer
day 1: 20 tries to get the key
day 2: 30 tries to get the key

So thanks to the shuffle I already spent almost 500 stars in two days. If I have another lucky day like this I'm out of stars on day three of the event ;-)

Owl II

Emperor

View attachment 6097

View attachment 6098

Each player has own priorities. It is impossible to get an excellent or even just a good universal building. In our case, the goods and FP will be the same of the cell in two or three bakeries. This is very low efficiency, I would prefer to occupy 30 or 45 cells with something more useful. But I was actually thinking about fighting bonuses. Attack bonuses have extremely low efficiency as well. But Gingerbread and Macaron have a def bonus as the main. For def bonuses, two bakeries are better than three So the devs did not leave their idea with the PVP arena. Defensive bonus will be useful for it. And we are asked to start thinking about it right now, if we haven't thought about it before. Still all this does not negate the fact fighting bonuses are low.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
It's all sad. Winter should be the apogee of all events for the year. The mechanics of the winter event are not bad designed. Even the calendar will be a great addition if key finding becomes easier. Only bad thing is there is no reason to play all this. Maybe a little snow... but it's melting fast this year:(