• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2020

looks like this year no must-haves on this event, just like with the archeology event.

and imho i would swap the 5% and 10% bonuses of the gingerbread building (same for 5% and 13% of marzipan). yes it would mean less bonuses for those only getting 2 full buildings, but more money for inno from those who try to :p

and from the looks of it, you'd need to get 3 of the maxed buildings to get full bonuses on each anyway...

Thunderbummy

Marquis
From a live server point of view, this event is great news. It means that I can max out my diamonds on the Halloween event with a good grand prize and not worry about this one. The reward to space ratio just does not work; especially since 4 grand prizes are needed to have any kind of effective reward and the diamond cost of getting the 4 does not justify the rewards.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
How many Rush and Daily quests this year?
31 or 32 Daily out of the 70?
There are 38 Rush quests and 32 Daily Quests
There is no information in the announcement about the former special buildings available this year. I'd like to know which ones will be there.
Unfortunately no spoilers on what the daily specials will be, but I'll check for you.
Where can I get the beta app?I only found the regular App.
Android users can download the Beta App through the instructions here:
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?pages/BetaApp/
quelle date pour l'événement d'hiver sur i pad?
As soon as we have that information we will post on the forum.
Where can we find the list of the Winter Bakery buildings please ?
These are now updated on the announcement page

Pass Go

Squire
I'm confused .. the Winter Bakery upgrade says "when adjacent to other Winter buildings" does this mean we can use leftover pieces from last year's Winter event to place next to them? or do we follow the info from the forum, that says " next to highest level Bakery building" ??

Umbrathor

Baronet
At first, at reading the announcement, I was quite pleased. Compliments to whoever wrote it, it really got me into the spirit.

I like the designs of the bakeries and portraits, the references to the advent calendar and the Hans Andersen fairy tale of the girl with the matchsticks. The idea of the christmas tree lighting up is a nice touch. So, major points for the design and art concepts.

I'm glad that we can choose different houses with different effects. Which is immediately lessened by needing to combine the bakery you want with one or even two you don't want. I dislike the linking concept (train, hippodrome) and am not a fan of the setbonus concept, but in this case it works really badly. Also in the art aspect, because the bakeries do not look like they were designed to fit together in a row. They are too similar for that to work. It's jarring. It's like having to put three different Mills of Fall in a row.
To get the full efffect, you need a 5x9 space. That's huge.
Please make this just a single 5x3 building with decent stats, rather than two three mediocre ones.

The idea that you open door a day fits the advent calendar concept well. However, it geatly favors one style of play (spending stars every day) while giving a great disadvantage to players who plays strategically for daily prizes. Which are very hard to get in this event anyway, due to the horrible invisible reshuffle. An aspect that I would be thrilled to see disappear.
So please make reshuffle a separate, 10-star option (like another player already suggested).

It is jarring to realize that it will be almost impossible to open the entire advent calendar, especially because of the lovely portrait and because of the taunt of the reindeer sleigh. That makes two prizes we cannot get without spending diamonds. Christmas is traditionally a gift-giving holiday. It's odd that out of all the events, Inno turns this one into an event where they sell the prizes, rather than giving them as a gift.

Finally, I agree with the player who said it between beta and live, we have too little time between events. I understand it from a planning points of view - it allows the team to workon preparing the next event one month, and testing it the next. But spreading them out more would be welcomed by many, I think.

So we need 18 selection kits this time...? Cripes, can you guys lay off all of the leveling of buildings? Way too many requirements.

I got a double blueprint from a present.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I'm confused .. the Winter Bakery upgrade says "when adjacent to other Winter buildings" does this mean we can use leftover pieces from last year's Winter event to place next to them? or do we follow the info from the forum, that says " next to highest level Bakery building" ??
They should be other unique fully upgraded Winter Bakeries, please let me know if you see any more ambiguous phrasing.

Last edited:

I suspect not, the description in game says: 'When next to other unique Winter Bakery Set Buildings'

I think the buildings are too large.And how I saw it so far,they have to be upgraded 6 or 7 Times?!?And you need 4 buildings for the set?!? And every of them is 15 fields large,so in set 60 fields?!?Thats close to the size of the Alcatraz,the biggest building in FOE!In my opinion the gouvernors villa from summer event is much better.And I think,that the winter event is very close to the autumn event:not in mechanics,but you have to use Diamonds.I don't support that...

qaccy

Emperor
Interesting to see that you guys have gone ahead with pretty much the same design as last year, while also adding in even more of what're essentially diamond-only features. I guess the reindeer feature ended up proving successful? I think a lot of vocal players will be disheartened the daily calendar both encouraging daily spending of stars, and being unlikely to complete anyway without diamond usage. However, there was a lot of negative feedback on the forums about the reindeer last year and they're still here, so that feedback must've been a pretty small portion of the playerbase compared to those who made use of it. Perhaps this'll go the same way?

In the end though, I suppose this is all 'optional' stuff that isn't really factored into what free players should expect from the event. It's just weird to me that this holiday event is the one where Inno is the most overt in asking for players to spend money! Maybe we're the ones who pay for Inno's holiday bonuses...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Two will be enough, I think. This will be the maximum efficiency per cell. Or any a multiple of two

3 can get all bonuses with roads 10 squares apart: i.e.

1602015479558.png

It wouldn't be too hard to work around that with some additional 5x5, 4x5 buildings etc to even things up.

"Most efficient" if you can pick two bakeries you actually want would be:

1602015600654.png

But even in this state you just basically have 5 "ok" event buildings. It might be worth aiming for on a brand new city. But if you're in the phase of city development where you're looking for event buildings to sell regularly to make space, these are not worth the nuisance.

Sinitar

Regent
3 can get all bonuses with roads 10 squares apart: i.e.

View attachment 6097

It wouldn't be too hard to work around that with some additional 5x5, 4x5 buildings etc to even things up.

"Most efficient" if you can pick two bakeries you actually want would be:

View attachment 6098

But even in this state you just basically have 5 "ok" event buildings. It might be worth aiming for on a brand new city. But if you're in the phase of city development where you're looking for event buildings to sell regularly to make space, these are not worth the nuisance.
And which is the price of your set?50k diamonds?